Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Burnham 22:53 - May 1 with 2963 viewsClivert

Was he actually involved in getting the Ogden Family involved? Might swing a few votes tomorrow if he was.
Andy Burnham on 23:27 - May 1 with 2890 viewswozzrafc

Why would club and trust thank him if he wasn’t?
Andy Burnham on 06:42 - May 2 with 2763 viewsClivert

Andy Burnham on 23:27 - May 1 by wozzrafc

Why would club and trust thank him if he wasn’t?

I wasn't sure if I dreamt that bit!

Thanks for clearing it up.
Andy Burnham on 08:25 - May 2 with 2642 views100notout

Andy Burnham on 06:42 - May 2 by Clivert

I wasn't sure if I dreamt that bit!

Thanks for clearing it up.

Like all politicians AB likes to dip his toe into things without doing much work. If it’s a good outcome he’ll be shouting from the rooftops of his involvement. If something doesn’t work you can bet your bottom dollar it wasn’t his fault.

The trust were the main driving force and engineered the involvement of SPO and it is the trust who should rightly take the majority of credit although to be fair I think AB did help to oil the wheels a little

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Andy Burnham on 09:22 - May 2 with 2558 viewsTalkingSutty

Andy Burnham on 08:25 - May 2 by 100notout

Like all politicians AB likes to dip his toe into things without doing much work. If it’s a good outcome he’ll be shouting from the rooftops of his involvement. If something doesn’t work you can bet your bottom dollar it wasn’t his fault.

The trust were the main driving force and engineered the involvement of SPO and it is the trust who should rightly take the majority of credit although to be fair I think AB did help to oil the wheels a little

It has been driven by others but it was actually one individual life long fan who sourced SPO himself and made initial contact, everything else flowed from there. That persons initiative needs recognising. The fans have been instrumental from start to finish in ensuring that we have finally secured a investor that is fit for purpose. Had it not been for fan involvement ( it was caring for the club, not meddling) then i shudder to think who would have been involved with the club now. It certainly wouldn't have been Sir Peter Ogden and his family.
[Post edited 2 May 9:47]
Andy Burnham on 16:30 - May 2 with 2050 viewswozzrafc

Totally Agree sutty. The Ogden family involvement was brought about fans and the trust and 100% their initiative has led to saving the club.

I think the point about AB was they got involved in helping the negotiations once the Ogden family showed an interest.
Andy Burnham on 17:34 - May 2 with 1922 viewsTalkingSutty

Andy Burnham on 16:30 - May 2 by wozzrafc

Totally Agree sutty. The Ogden family involvement was brought about fans and the trust and 100% their initiative has led to saving the club.

I think the point about AB was they got involved in helping the negotiations once the Ogden family showed an interest.

Yes, i believe that to be right. I think AB has made a effort to help the club and that should be acknowledged. He might have even been involved prior to the Ogdens being contacted, at the time when the Chairman went public regarding the club running out of money at the end of March. I seem to recall him saying that he wouldn't allow the club to fold on one of the radio stations.
Andy Burnham on 07:58 - May 6 with 1184 viewsanimal8

Andy Burnham on 09:22 - May 2 by TalkingSutty

It has been driven by others but it was actually one individual life long fan who sourced SPO himself and made initial contact, everything else flowed from there. That persons initiative needs recognising. The fans have been instrumental from start to finish in ensuring that we have finally secured a investor that is fit for purpose. Had it not been for fan involvement ( it was caring for the club, not meddling) then i shudder to think who would have been involved with the club now. It certainly wouldn't have been Sir Peter Ogden and his family.
[Post edited 2 May 9:47]

The journalist Mark Hodgkinson got a mention .He is a local lad and might have known SPO from school.
Andy Burnham on 09:16 - May 6 with 1068 viewsTalkingSutty

Andy Burnham on 07:58 - May 6 by animal8

The journalist Mark Hodgkinson got a mention .He is a local lad and might have known SPO from school.

No, he didn't know him from school. It was Mark Hodkinson who sourced SPO though and made the initial contact, sent him a book to read and informed him of the plight of our club. A act of desperation from Mark that has proved to be pivotal in the history of the club. I believe the Supporters Trust then became involved ( they've been brilliant) and SPO representatives contacted the club. This was prior to the EGM. World Soccer Holdings weren't the only interested party at that time, there was also SPO and the American investors backed by Jamie Sarsfield. All credible investors.

The picture painted to the shareholders on the night of the EGM though was one of a club that wouldnt be able to fulfill its upcoming fixtures, should they not vote in favour of the Chairmans motion. Information since has revealed their was offer of financial help from various sources that would have averted any postponements until a proper investor was found..and of course WSH weren't the only credible investor at that time.

Mark is ok with this information being shared on our forum. It's yet another example of our fans looking after their club and going the extra mile, it's not meddling. Had it not been for Mark, the Ogden family would have been oblivious to the situation at the club. You would think Simon Gauge would reach out to Mark and thank him, we shall see.
[Post edited 6 May 9:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Burnham on 10:01 - May 6 with 952 viewsDenise_V_Courtnell

Andy Burnham on 09:16 - May 6 by TalkingSutty

No, he didn't know him from school. It was Mark Hodkinson who sourced SPO though and made the initial contact, sent him a book to read and informed him of the plight of our club. A act of desperation from Mark that has proved to be pivotal in the history of the club. I believe the Supporters Trust then became involved ( they've been brilliant) and SPO representatives contacted the club. This was prior to the EGM. World Soccer Holdings weren't the only interested party at that time, there was also SPO and the American investors backed by Jamie Sarsfield. All credible investors.

The picture painted to the shareholders on the night of the EGM though was one of a club that wouldnt be able to fulfill its upcoming fixtures, should they not vote in favour of the Chairmans motion. Information since has revealed their was offer of financial help from various sources that would have averted any postponements until a proper investor was found..and of course WSH weren't the only credible investor at that time.

Mark is ok with this information being shared on our forum. It's yet another example of our fans looking after their club and going the extra mile, it's not meddling. Had it not been for Mark, the Ogden family would have been oblivious to the situation at the club. You would think Simon Gauge would reach out to Mark and thank him, we shall see.
[Post edited 6 May 9:55]

Is this the same Mark Hodkinson, the author, the journalist who is well connected in the football world? The same Mark Hodkinson that was disrespected and dismissed by Simon Gauge and Richard Wright when he offered to help the club in their hour of need? In fact, the same Mark wrote a piece for this very forum on that very issue when they said they didn't want 'another opinion'.

We owe a great deal of gratitude to Mark Hodkinson and the Trust for saving the club.

If what you are saying is correct TS, then this paints a totally different picture than the Chairman painted at the EGM. My question is, was Simon Gauge aware of the Ogdens interest when he gave 'that' speech at the EGM? If so, we were all misled.
Andy Burnham on 10:23 - May 6 with 909 viewsTalkingSutty

Andy Burnham on 10:01 - May 6 by Denise_V_Courtnell

Is this the same Mark Hodkinson, the author, the journalist who is well connected in the football world? The same Mark Hodkinson that was disrespected and dismissed by Simon Gauge and Richard Wright when he offered to help the club in their hour of need? In fact, the same Mark wrote a piece for this very forum on that very issue when they said they didn't want 'another opinion'.

We owe a great deal of gratitude to Mark Hodkinson and the Trust for saving the club.

If what you are saying is correct TS, then this paints a totally different picture than the Chairman painted at the EGM. My question is, was Simon Gauge aware of the Ogdens interest when he gave 'that' speech at the EGM? If so, we were all misled.

Yes, it's the same Mark Hodkinson, a very well respected and life long supporter. We owe him, the Trust and other individuals a massive thank you in respect of firstly sourcing SPO and then bringing the family to the table, a combined effort that needs recognising. The EGM was a farce, a insult to the shareholders really, most people present recognised that. I'm going to try to cut the Chairman some slack, he was obviously a man operating under a great deal of stress, i would like to think on reflection he would have done things differently. Anyway, it can be put alongside everything else that's happened over the last few years at the club. Hopefully lessons will have been learned and we can now move forward.
[Post edited 6 May 10:27]
Andy Burnham on 10:27 - May 6 with 886 viewswatford_dale

Andy Burnham on 10:23 - May 6 by TalkingSutty

Yes, it's the same Mark Hodkinson, a very well respected and life long supporter. We owe him, the Trust and other individuals a massive thank you in respect of firstly sourcing SPO and then bringing the family to the table, a combined effort that needs recognising. The EGM was a farce, a insult to the shareholders really, most people present recognised that. I'm going to try to cut the Chairman some slack, he was obviously a man operating under a great deal of stress, i would like to think on reflection he would have done things differently. Anyway, it can be put alongside everything else that's happened over the last few years at the club. Hopefully lessons will have been learned and we can now move forward.
[Post edited 6 May 10:27]

Effective steps for running productive board meetings
1. Step 1 – get clear on the board chair role. ...
2. Step 2 – ensure board members know their role. ...
3. Step 3 – communicate before, during, and after the board meeting. ...
4. Step 4 – use meeting time well: right agenda, right leadership. ...
5. Step 5 – prepare for meetings effectively.

0/5 - they need help or replacing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024