Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement. Deal done 16:07 - May 9 with 15432 viewsturnthescrew

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/may/clubstatement_090524/
Club Statement. Deal done on 18:27 - May 14 with 2151 viewswatford_dale

Club Statement. Deal done on 14:00 - May 14 by TalkingSutty

Loads of attraction to sponsor us now, maybe more than ever before. The start of a new era with quality owners at the helm and a three year plan that is achievable with a bit of luck. Things are going to change, they have to do because the way the club operated before was obviously not working. The Ogdens are intelligent people they will know that. A new positive mindset for everybody and that in turn will attract sponsorship. Let's face it, no sponsors want to be associated with negativity and talk of doom and gloom. We've had enough of all that. McNulty deserved to be given next season, with a larger playing budget we should see better performances hopefully.
[Post edited 14 May 14:05]

I think that sponsors are looking for more than just positive vibes from the fanbase and performance comes into it somewhere along the line.

Just can't see past Ryan Air right now.
Club Statement. Deal done on 18:36 - May 14 with 2126 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 17:44 - May 14 by SuddenLad

I doubt it could have happened even if there was 'a plot to oust him'. It would have needed a special EGM at a later date, so it was never going to happen there and then.

Yes, there was discussion about the manner in which he conducted the meeting (quite rightly) and dispute about the picture he painted, and things that he DIDN'T tell us that others seemed to be aware of, but, like you, I'm not aware of any lurking plot to remove him on the night of the EGM.

As stated elsewhere, he was a man under immense pressure, trying to save a football club from extinction and I have openly criticised him and his attitude towards fans previously. That said, I don't think anyone on here can have been envious of the position he was in and none of us can be sure that we would have done any better, or anything different.

That phase of our clubs' existence is now firmly behind us, hopefully forever. We have all come through it scarred, but ready to fight on and the co-Chairman now has some of the best brains possible alongside him to see him and the club into calmer and warmer waters.

We must consign the past to where it belongs and leave it there. It's a bad memory, but there are many good memories yet to be made. Let's get on and do it together.

Up the Dale.

Well said. He was a man under intense pressure and I'm prepared to see that as the real explanation for the events that unfolded at the EGM. It's not the first turbulent EGM we've had in recent times, i pray to god it will be the last for the forseable future. We've now got two chairmen, i'm happy with that.
Club Statement. Deal done on 18:56 - May 14 with 2022 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Club Statement. Deal done on 12:23 - May 10 by EllDale

They used to be a shirt sponsor so there must have been a link somewhere.
It doesn’t have to be the stores, the Co-op bank would do. Nice clean sponsorship unlike beer or gambling.
But let’s not fall out with Crown Oil though.

I think it's (very) apt at this juncture to thank Crown Oil for their continued sponsorship of the Club through thick and (very) thin times. No doubt without their finance the Club would have hit the wall sooner than we nearly did, we owe them for loyalty.
Club Statement. Deal done on 19:13 - May 14 with 1976 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement. Deal done on 18:14 - May 14 by D_Alien

"Let's get on and do it together"

I can assent to the first part, whilst politely declining your kind but intimate offer

Oh, stop playing hard to get. Join in.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:24 - May 14 with 1942 views49thseason

Club Statement. Deal done on 15:41 - May 14 by TalkingSutty

Very good. I'm still waiting for you to shed more light into the alleged plot at the EGM to oust the Chairman, you didn't reply on the thread. I've asked several people also in attendance and nobody seems to have a clue about what you are suggesting? The vote on the night was only ever going to go in one direction, every shareholder in the room that night was aware of that. It was always going to be by a very large margin also. Come on, put some flesh on the bones please and who was lined up to step into his shoes?

It's always seemed very obvious to me that without the Supporters Trust backing and importantly their members, it would be virtually impossible to remove the Chairman. I've contacted the Trust twice in relation to this over the last 18 months and been given pretty short shrift on both occasions, the Trust Committee have been fully behind the Chairman and given me a reasoned explanation regarding why they disagreed with my opinion. A grown up exchange with no animosity involved and that's exactly how it should be. I find it very hard to believe there was a plot to oust the Chairman on the night because it would have been impossible to implement without the will of the majority in the room, including the Trust. As i pointed out, the landscape has now changed and the Chairman has help, he will be better for it.
[Post edited 14 May 16:04]

TS...There are some things that I observed and some things I was told in confidence before and after the event. I can give you my observations but I will not break a confidence.
1. It was clear that there were major shareholders in the room seemingly acting in concert who were not pleased by the idea of creating 9m new shares and the consequential dilution of the value of their shares.
2. My view was that the Trust vote in favour of the resolution just about cancelled-out their shareholdings and headed off a more serious challenge. Especially when the " room" seemed generally in favour of accepting.
3. The "plot" was, I think, an expectation that the resolution would be defeated and at that point the Chairman would also face a new resolution from the floor to stand down and be replaced in a Bottomley-esque manner.
4. In the days preceding the EGM I made a comment on here that I was personally asked to remove and did so in the interests of a secret negotiation that was taking place which was explained to me in strictest confidence.
Clearly there were very few people who knew what was in train at the EGM, certainly not those who were keen to oppose the resolution. Their plan could have been completely disasterous, hence the attitude of the Chairman...... perhaps my term "plot" is a little strong, but the importance of their manoeuvers being defeated is, in retrospect huge.
Its also probably best if we let what is past stay in the past , I wont be going any further with my answers and it would be helpful if others didnt ask more questions. Suffice it to say that we are now in a new era and will be better for it than would otherwise have been the case.
Club Statement. Deal done on 19:39 - May 14 with 1892 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:13 - May 14 by SuddenLad

Oh, stop playing hard to get. Join in.

I'll just observe, thanks, perhaps admiring the Community 'focus'

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:48 - May 14 with 1833 viewsTalkingSutty

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:24 - May 14 by 49thseason

TS...There are some things that I observed and some things I was told in confidence before and after the event. I can give you my observations but I will not break a confidence.
1. It was clear that there were major shareholders in the room seemingly acting in concert who were not pleased by the idea of creating 9m new shares and the consequential dilution of the value of their shares.
2. My view was that the Trust vote in favour of the resolution just about cancelled-out their shareholdings and headed off a more serious challenge. Especially when the " room" seemed generally in favour of accepting.
3. The "plot" was, I think, an expectation that the resolution would be defeated and at that point the Chairman would also face a new resolution from the floor to stand down and be replaced in a Bottomley-esque manner.
4. In the days preceding the EGM I made a comment on here that I was personally asked to remove and did so in the interests of a secret negotiation that was taking place which was explained to me in strictest confidence.
Clearly there were very few people who knew what was in train at the EGM, certainly not those who were keen to oppose the resolution. Their plan could have been completely disasterous, hence the attitude of the Chairman...... perhaps my term "plot" is a little strong, but the importance of their manoeuvers being defeated is, in retrospect huge.
Its also probably best if we let what is past stay in the past , I wont be going any further with my answers and it would be helpful if others didnt ask more questions. Suffice it to say that we are now in a new era and will be better for it than would otherwise have been the case.

Thanks for your post, i genuinely wasn't aware of any of that or any plan to try to oust the Chairman on the night. Yes, as you suggest it's now probably best to draw a line under everything. My over riding thought going into the EGM was that the result was a foregone conclusion. Desperate times lead to people doing desperate things. If what you are saying is correct then maybe that explains the demeanour of the Chairman on the night. Anyway, you've done your best to explain your previous post so i appreciate that. Let's all move forward now and wish both Chairman the best of luck going forward into the new era.
Club Statement. Deal done on 20:04 - May 14 with 1773 viewskel

Whilst I respect your request for it not be debated further, it’s hard to ignore what you imply when you think about the people who may have been involved. A poster on here mentioning SG the other day is clearly a patsy for a disgruntled former director. If they don’t realise they’re being played at their age then there’s no hope for them.

A really, really desperate attempt to try to appear to be ITK but ignoring a response to their claims when challenged on it.
[Post edited 14 May 20:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement. Deal done on 20:15 - May 14 with 1745 viewsTVOS1907

Club Statement. Deal done on 19:48 - May 14 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for your post, i genuinely wasn't aware of any of that or any plan to try to oust the Chairman on the night. Yes, as you suggest it's now probably best to draw a line under everything. My over riding thought going into the EGM was that the result was a foregone conclusion. Desperate times lead to people doing desperate things. If what you are saying is correct then maybe that explains the demeanour of the Chairman on the night. Anyway, you've done your best to explain your previous post so i appreciate that. Let's all move forward now and wish both Chairman the best of luck going forward into the new era.

N/t
[Post edited 14 May 20:17]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Statement. Deal done on 20:17 - May 14 with 1732 viewsTVOS1907

"4. In the days preceding the EGM I made a comment on here that I was personally asked to remove and did so in the interests of a secret negotiation that was taking place which was explained to me in strictest confidence."

How was it 'secret' and in the 'strictest confidence' if it was explained to you?

That's such a contradiction.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Statement. Deal done on 21:11 - May 14 with 1614 views49thseason

Club Statement. Deal done on 20:17 - May 14 by TVOS1907

"4. In the days preceding the EGM I made a comment on here that I was personally asked to remove and did so in the interests of a secret negotiation that was taking place which was explained to me in strictest confidence."

How was it 'secret' and in the 'strictest confidence' if it was explained to you?

That's such a contradiction.

Easy if you thought about it .. secret = not common knowledge or in the public domain. In strictest confidence because I would not have removed what I did remove without a good reason to persuade me to....

That's it no more.. All's well that ends well. Maybe ask me again in 10 years time.
Club Statement. Deal done on 10:53 - May 16 with 932 viewsBarryStrange

Congrats on the takeover - a million miles easier to trust than that strange American outfit that were sniffing around.

Must have been a very stressful few months since Gauge announced he needed his money back, but you can't fault the credentials of the Ogdens nor the fact they have set out realistic goals from the start. Although next year's National League looks weaker than the 2023/24 version.

Best of luck with it.
Club Statement. Deal done on 13:34 - May 16 with 655 viewsdiplodocus

Club Statement. Deal done on 10:53 - May 16 by BarryStrange

Congrats on the takeover - a million miles easier to trust than that strange American outfit that were sniffing around.

Must have been a very stressful few months since Gauge announced he needed his money back, but you can't fault the credentials of the Ogdens nor the fact they have set out realistic goals from the start. Although next year's National League looks weaker than the 2023/24 version.

Best of luck with it.

Weaker? are you sure. the likes of barnet, Solihull moors, Yeovil, Gateshead, a revived Oldham, a sleeping giant in Southend.
Club Statement. Deal done on 14:05 - May 16 with 598 views_Windydale

Club Statement. Deal done on 13:34 - May 16 by diplodocus

Weaker? are you sure. the likes of barnet, Solihull moors, Yeovil, Gateshead, a revived Oldham, a sleeping giant in Southend.

..all against a stronger Rochdale.
(Let's face even modest assistance helping Jim, upgrade the squad. Will be an improvement.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024