Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices & Details 16:36 - May 10 with 12618 viewsChaffRAFC

Very reasonable price increase I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:02 - May 14 with 4047 viewsChaffRAFC

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 14:33 - May 14 by Daleaholic

If you buy your ticket online, you have it sent by email. You can print it off yourself or can use your phone and scan it at the turnstile. Why do you need a physical ticket unless you want a souvenir? If you do want it as a souvenir, it's a quid.

I completely understand there are still fans who don't use technology or prefer a physical ticket but if you want that, be prepared to pay for it. It's not a new concept that's just appeared in 2024. As a club and more importantly as a fanbase, it's imperative that we embrace changes brought in and see the positives in them rather than immediately nit picking and referring back to the old 'This is how we've always done it' attitude.

Look where we are and just how close we came to not even having a club, yet you're moaning about £1 for a paper ticket, the £5 cost of a physical season card and a few quid for something being posted out.

If Michael O'Leary did visit, at least he'd make sure we'd be run sustainably!!! (What is trying to be achieved...)

I'd argue that a big part of us being in the financial situation we found ourselves in was, in part at least, down to us not making money from easy wins, where we can.

I think as a fan base, we've become used to everything being cheaper than other clubs which is great on one hand but when we need to make money as a football club, new ideas and existing ideas used by other clubs need to be explored and the idea of admin costs is one.

I saw recently that Oldham are charging £10 for their fans forum, everything we do like that is free like fans forums and End of Season Awards Nights etc. If charging more for season tickets and charging nominal fees for things we usually get for free makes us more financially stable then I'm all for it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:16 - May 14 with 3993 viewssxdale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 14:33 - May 14 by Daleaholic

If you buy your ticket online, you have it sent by email. You can print it off yourself or can use your phone and scan it at the turnstile. Why do you need a physical ticket unless you want a souvenir? If you do want it as a souvenir, it's a quid.

I completely understand there are still fans who don't use technology or prefer a physical ticket but if you want that, be prepared to pay for it. It's not a new concept that's just appeared in 2024. As a club and more importantly as a fanbase, it's imperative that we embrace changes brought in and see the positives in them rather than immediately nit picking and referring back to the old 'This is how we've always done it' attitude.

Look where we are and just how close we came to not even having a club, yet you're moaning about £1 for a paper ticket, the £5 cost of a physical season card and a few quid for something being posted out.

If Michael O'Leary did visit, at least he'd make sure we'd be run sustainably!!! (What is trying to be achieved...)

To be honest I don't see it as moaning about an extra pound here and an extra fiver there. There is probably so few people that this would really be an issue for that to me it just makes sense to absorb the cost. You could have also just added £5 to the cost of a season ticket and offered the plastic card if requested as most people on here seem happy enough with the increase in season ticket prices. It's more to do with how it is perceived by some rather than the actual cost.
Of course you have conveniently ignored the fact that not everyone owns a smartphone or has access to a computer/printer and that those people are far more likely to be least able to afford any additional costs.
Personally I won't be buying a season ticket this year, if the team starts playing good football that manages to keep me awake then I will be paying on the day and hope a half season ticket is in the offing about christmas
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:24 - May 14 with 3962 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:16 - May 14 by sxdale

To be honest I don't see it as moaning about an extra pound here and an extra fiver there. There is probably so few people that this would really be an issue for that to me it just makes sense to absorb the cost. You could have also just added £5 to the cost of a season ticket and offered the plastic card if requested as most people on here seem happy enough with the increase in season ticket prices. It's more to do with how it is perceived by some rather than the actual cost.
Of course you have conveniently ignored the fact that not everyone owns a smartphone or has access to a computer/printer and that those people are far more likely to be least able to afford any additional costs.
Personally I won't be buying a season ticket this year, if the team starts playing good football that manages to keep me awake then I will be paying on the day and hope a half season ticket is in the offing about christmas

A Dale Card might be a better option

£25 up front, then £5 off normal ticket prices plus access to all home stands

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:33 - May 14 with 3949 viewsDaleaholic

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:16 - May 14 by sxdale

I've not ignored anything. I put in my post that I understand some people don't use technology or don't have it. But those people need to understand there are costs to what they need. A paper ticket, postage, a physical season card etc... It all costs money.

That attitude of 'It makes sense to absorb the cost' is exactly the mindset that needs to change.

No, the club shouldn't absorb the cost. The club should be ruthless from now on in its efforts to make money wherever they can. We might not like some of what is to come but it's been long overdue.

We're not a charity.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:37 - May 14 with 3939 viewsJames1980

Those buying match by march basis can save money with a Your Card. Allow they have to attend 5 games for the saving to cover the cost of the card.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:49 - May 14 with 3922 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:37 - May 14 by James1980

Those buying match by march basis can save money with a Your Card. Allow they have to attend 5 games for the saving to cover the cost of the card.

Thanks James, aka a Dale Card...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:59 - May 14 with 3881 viewsJames1980

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:49 - May 14 by D_Alien

Thanks James, aka a Dale Card...

Aye that would be it. I expect these ideas will have been considered, how about the following.
Dale Card can be used to purchase tickets for cardholder and up to 2 additional friends.
Exiles card doubles as a reward card once 10 games have been attended but the card holder can bring a friend to any of those 10 games and they get a £5 discount.

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:31 - May 14 with 3851 viewssxdale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:33 - May 14 by Daleaholic

I've not ignored anything. I put in my post that I understand some people don't use technology or don't have it. But those people need to understand there are costs to what they need. A paper ticket, postage, a physical season card etc... It all costs money.

That attitude of 'It makes sense to absorb the cost' is exactly the mindset that needs to change.

No, the club shouldn't absorb the cost. The club should be ruthless from now on in its efforts to make money wherever they can. We might not like some of what is to come but it's been long overdue.

We're not a charity.

Yes you did mention about people not having or using technology you didn't offer a solution for those people, who I said would be least able to afford additional costs.
I think it's the way it's worded, additional costs at the end, it's as if it's in the small print. Instead of charging an additional £1 to print off a ticket at the ticket office just increase tickets by a pound and tell people you get a pound discount for printing it yourself. It's just about how you word it to avoid negatively. It just annoys me when you see something for say £20 online and by the time you reach the checkout you've got booking fees arrangements fees postage and f*** knows what else added.
For what it's worth I think the ticket prices are more than fair and will be great value if we have entertaining football to watch
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:36 - May 14 with 3759 viewswindowsbug2002

When I made my posts about the added costs it was more about excessive charges.
£7.50 postal charge on top of a fiver for a physical card is excessive.
If it was a fiver inclusive of posting, that's fair but an extra postage charge?
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 18:40 - May 16 with 3400 viewsDale_4_Life

The new prices are very fair indeed. Lets all get behind our club and buy as soon as they are available.

To print a card costs.. to post out i assume recorded delivery costs.. this needs to be covered if supporters have not got a smart phone.

This is a real new dawn for the club and this first season is pivotal. Stability off the pitch and a manager who has cut his teeth and has time under his belt. If on the pitch we can be a bit more ruthless in winning games regardless of style and getting into the habit of 3 points most Saturdays that obviously helps but what else can we do?.

I will be getting my app and season pass sorted as soon as they are available. I would encourage everybody to dig deep and do the same (finances permitting).

Also we all know friends, acquaintance, colleagues, lapsed, occasional, and semi interested fans.. If all of us carry on banging the dale drum and get the good news spread as quickly as we can and as deep into the community as possible, hopefully we can get Spotland bouncing (a little) on a match day.

Twin pronged of course.. they club need to do the lions share BUT we can help too and I for one cannot wait for the new season to start.

UP THE DALE!!!
[Post edited 16 May 18:45]
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:03 - May 16 with 3346 viewsrkershaw

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 18:40 - May 16 by Dale_4_Life

The new prices are very fair indeed. Lets all get behind our club and buy as soon as they are available.

To print a card costs.. to post out i assume recorded delivery costs.. this needs to be covered if supporters have not got a smart phone.

This is a real new dawn for the club and this first season is pivotal. Stability off the pitch and a manager who has cut his teeth and has time under his belt. If on the pitch we can be a bit more ruthless in winning games regardless of style and getting into the habit of 3 points most Saturdays that obviously helps but what else can we do?.

I will be getting my app and season pass sorted as soon as they are available. I would encourage everybody to dig deep and do the same (finances permitting).

Also we all know friends, acquaintance, colleagues, lapsed, occasional, and semi interested fans.. If all of us carry on banging the dale drum and get the good news spread as quickly as we can and as deep into the community as possible, hopefully we can get Spotland bouncing (a little) on a match day.

Twin pronged of course.. they club need to do the lions share BUT we can help too and I for one cannot wait for the new season to start.

UP THE DALE!!!
[Post edited 16 May 18:45]

Reduced admission for Hornets season ticket holders?? Reciprocal agreement?? ;)
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:03 - May 17 with 3028 viewsDale_4_Life

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:03 - May 16 by rkershaw

Reduced admission for Hornets season ticket holders?? Reciprocal agreement?? ;)

Anything that works and helps out both clubs is fine by me!

The club needs to set a realistic target of 3000 home fans average.

That's 750 or so new faces who we need to attract to attend MOST home games.

750 looks very do-able to me.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:18 - May 17 with 2755 viewsrkershaw

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:03 - May 17 by Dale_4_Life

Anything that works and helps out both clubs is fine by me!

The club needs to set a realistic target of 3000 home fans average.

That's 750 or so new faces who we need to attract to attend MOST home games.

750 looks very do-able to me.

Like it or loathe it....both clubs need to work in tandem in order for both clubs to flourish. There would appear to be a major bridge building operation in process which is only positive news for both clubs!! ;)
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 18:51 - May 17 with 2504 viewsJames1980

Tiresome

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:23 - May 21 with 1909 viewsDale69er

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:30 - May 11 by turnthescrew

Where is this new app that we need to download? Can't see anywhere to download it, even on the ticketing website, though the Dale badge is there.

Snap!

Have emailed the Club asking for details of the link and suggesting that they put it on the website instead of referring you back to the email which doesn't a link. Have also copied the Trust into the email.

Obviously going to take time before the new owners influence takes effect.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:48 - May 21 with 1852 viewsDale69er

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:23 - May 21 by Dale69er

Snap!

Have emailed the Club asking for details of the link and suggesting that they put it on the website instead of referring you back to the email which doesn't a link. Have also copied the Trust into the email.

These are the details the Club has supplied:

"All of the details on how to store the app on your phone can be found in the link below.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/may/digitalticketingapp_24-25/

It can only be done once you have purchased your Season Card. Once you have purchased, if you scroll down to the HOW TO GET STARTED section, there are five steps that you have to go through"

Hope this helps those who are missing the link.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:51 - May 21 with 1839 viewsturnthescrew

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:23 - May 21 by Dale69er

Snap!

It transpires that the link for the app is in the e-mail you receive, AFTER you have purchased your card. I bought mine yesterday and now have the app.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:11 - May 21 with 1766 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket renewal was pretty simple tbf.

Link for renewal is in the article.
Use your barcode from your existing ticket.
Choose your stand.
Prompted to login/register (this is for the existing ticket/shop account).
Purchase.
Email received which details what to do re electronic ticket.
Clicked link. Reset password as instructed (this is for the Future Ticketing account).
Ticket is there waiting in the Future Ticketing web app.
I used the option to download to Apple wallet, there is a Google option too for Android.
Simples.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:45 - May 21 with 1687 viewsDale69er

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:11 - May 21 by Brierls

Season Ticket renewal was pretty simple tbf.

Link for renewal is in the article.
Use your barcode from your existing ticket.
Choose your stand.
Prompted to login/register (this is for the existing ticket/shop account).
Purchase.
Email received which details what to do re electronic ticket.
Clicked link. Reset password as instructed (this is for the Future Ticketing account).
Ticket is there waiting in the Future Ticketing web app.
I used the option to download to Apple wallet, there is a Google option too for Android.
Simples.

I've downloaded to the Google wallet, so that option looks to work too.

if you download to an existing wallet then there is no need to download the Future ticketing app. At least I didn't.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:02 - May 21 with 1667 viewsblackdogblue

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:18 - May 17 by rkershaw

Like it or loathe it....both clubs need to work in tandem in order for both clubs to flourish. There would appear to be a major bridge building operation in process which is only positive news for both clubs!! ;)

Loathe it…

There are 9 teams in total in their league … what is the point of that & based on their crowds, where is their money coming from?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:46 - May 21 with 1393 viewsSandyman

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:45 - May 21 by Dale69er

I've downloaded to the Google wallet, so that option looks to work too.

if you download to an existing wallet then there is no need to download the Future ticketing app. At least I didn't.

For some reason, I am able to access the ticket on a webpage, but can't get to the app to install it on my phone. The wallet solution works so all sorted.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:47 - May 21 with 1277 viewsBrierls

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:46 - May 21 by Sandyman

For some reason, I am able to access the ticket on a webpage, but can't get to the app to install it on my phone. The wallet solution works so all sorted.

The ‘app’ is a web app/webpage. You just need to add a shortcut if you want it on your phone homepage. It gave me the option the create a shortcut (with Dale logo) when I logged in.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:15 - May 22 with 937 viewsisitme

Just been in to the ticket office and as always excellent service. They cleared up my query about digital tickets for kids. An adult can have multiple tickets linked to their account.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:08 - May 24 with 578 viewsDrigdale

Does anyone know how the season ticket sales are going? The only update I saw was on Monday advising just over 150 had been sold.
In view of the recent good news regarding the Ogden investment I expected that there would be a positive response from fans.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:17 - May 24 with 547 views100notout

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:08 - May 24 by Drigdale

Does anyone know how the season ticket sales are going? The only update I saw was on Monday advising just over 150 had been sold.
In view of the recent good news regarding the Ogden investment I expected that there would be a positive response from fans.

Don't know the answer to your question but most people get paid at the end / beginning of the month so would hope (expect?) a good increase in sales in a week or so.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024