Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowds 17:09 - Feb 1 with 4696 views442Dale

2426 home fans v Plymouth.
4845 home fans v Sheff Wed.
2200 home fans today.

That takes some doing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crowds on 17:21 - Feb 1 with 3446 viewsThe_DJ

Diehards only on wet freezing winter days.
A fact season in season out.

Not a bad thing after the shyte served up today.
Crowds on 17:22 - Feb 1 with 3429 viewsMass_Debater

It will be someone else's job to TRY to boost crowds.
Crowds on 17:23 - Feb 1 with 3418 views442Dale

Crowds on 17:21 - Feb 1 by The_DJ

Diehards only on wet freezing winter days.
A fact season in season out.

Not a bad thing after the shyte served up today.

Why should it be a fact?

It's ok. Keith Hill is back.

Crowds on 17:25 - Feb 1 with 3396 viewsThe_DJ

Crowds on 17:23 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

Why should it be a fact?

It's ok. Keith Hill is back.

It's a fact because it's factual
Crowds on 17:29 - Feb 1 with 3361 views442Dale

Crowds on 17:25 - Feb 1 by The_DJ

It's a fact because it's factual

I must have missed the balmy weather that attracted the 200 extra fans v Plymouth.

Crowds on 17:31 - Feb 1 with 3340 viewsD_Alien

Did anyone seriously expect floating fans who'd forked out last week to turn up again today against just about as unattractive opposition as it's possible to get in the football league, and despite the fact we're in the playoffs? In those weather conditions?

Clearly, the club didn't, but neither did I. Not sure what this thread will do apart from give us something else to moan about on a thoroughly miserable day for Rochdale FC

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crowds on 17:32 - Feb 1 with 3341 viewsToffeemanc

Poor crowd today and I had eight new faces sat behind me today along with 6 kids who all looked under 7 so probably got in free? Wondered if they had been to the cup games and decided to come back, after today probably won't be back again!

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Crowds on 17:46 - Feb 1 with 3260 views442Dale

Crowds on 17:31 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

Did anyone seriously expect floating fans who'd forked out last week to turn up again today against just about as unattractive opposition as it's possible to get in the football league, and despite the fact we're in the playoffs? In those weather conditions?

Clearly, the club didn't, but neither did I. Not sure what this thread will do apart from give us something else to moan about on a thoroughly miserable day for Rochdale FC

On the back of the last few weeks, there won't have been many who expected floating fans to return.

Login to get fewer ads

Crowds on 17:47 - Feb 1 with 3252 viewsbeat_the_bishop

I don't often post but have read this forum for years.

Walking away from the ground I discussed this with my dad.
I have a friend who is an Everton fan (from Wirral) he really wants to come and watch a dale game but I'm actually quite scared about this and waiting for the 'right' fixture.

He has this preconception of league two football and despite how much I talk it up, games like today just prove me wrong, Massively!

We have played some good football, and we deserve to be at the top end of the league. And we deserved our cup success. Yet year after year it's teams like Dagenham who just drag this league down. Today they came with an awful game plan, and for all our best efforts we still got sucked in and matched them in looking a very average team. We had no spark, flare and I can count getting semi excited on 3 fingers!

It's games like today which are why we have 2,500 fans at best. It's not good to watch and and to be fair, in the current climate it's £15/£18/£20 you can do without spending!

I will always be there it's in my blood. But to someone who is considering coming frequently, what was served up today by the two teams wasn't worthy of my money in my opinion. Rochdale isnt an affluent town as we all know, and we will forever be flogging a dead horse I'm afraid!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 17:51]
Crowds on 17:56 - Feb 1 with 3185 views442Dale

Crowds on 17:47 - Feb 1 by beat_the_bishop

I have a friend who is an Everton fan (from Wirral) he really wants to come and watch a dale game but I'm actually quite scared about this and waiting for the 'right' fixture.

He has this preconception of league two football and despite how much I talk it up, games like today just prove me wrong, Massively!

We have played some good football, and we deserve to be at the top end of the league. And we deserved our cup success. Yet year after year it's teams like Dagenham who just drag this league down. Today they came with an awful game plan, and for all our best efforts we still got sucked in and matched them in looking a very average team. We had no spark, flare and I can count getting semi excited on 3 fingers!

It's games like today which are why we have 2,500 fans at best. It's not good to watch and and to be fair, in the current climate it's £15/£18/£20 you can do without spending!

I will always be there it's in my blood. But to someone who is considering coming frequently, what was served up today by the two teams wasn't worthy of my money in my opinion. Rochdale isnt an affluent town as we all know, and we will forever be flogging a dead horse I'm afraid!

An old colleague was there for the first time today as his lad was playing at half time so the same thoughts crossed my mind. He's a City fan and will have thought I was talking a load of toss about how well we can play, but that's football.

It's all after the event of course, but what about the extra fans who saw us batter Leeds and battle well v Sheff Wed? Surely the opposite thought of "let's do everything we can to get them back now we have a captive audience" should take place.

We'll always be in the hands of the manager and the players, and most of the time they'll produce so that's far from the issue. Pricing, as you say, and everything else is.

Crowds on 17:57 - Feb 1 with 3177 viewsnordenblue

Very good and acurate post,I had the option to attend todays game but decided to work a longer day instead as the proposition of driving from Manchester to then spend 20 odd quid in this weather against a none attractive opponent wasnt the drag it was a couple of years ago.Going back to marketing and promotions etc ,ill be damned if im pulling out all stops to attend a game that club employees cant even be bothered to change an advertising board attached to the ground!We do seem to blow hot and cold for various reasons,its definitely not for lack of effort from Hilly and the team though.
Crowds on 18:01 - Feb 1 with 3140 viewsD_Alien

Those that were there did their best to rouse the team into action. I've just voted on the ratings (MoM O'Connell by an even bigger margin than usual IMO) but not sure why previous voters had given the home crowd a rating around 2/3?

Do people vote on the size of the crowd? Surely its about support given during the match, and today we did our best on a bloody awful afternoon for watching football.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crowds on 18:47 - Feb 1 with 3006 viewsRAFC1907

The club should advertise we are playing Man City for next home game and then once everyone (9000 fans) have entered, announce there was an error and Morcambe got sent instead.

Poll: Bottomley...

Crowds on 19:00 - Feb 1 with 2951 viewsArthurDaley

2426 home fans v Plymouth. 4845 home fans v Sheff Wed. 2200 home fans today -
Even at 15 quid a go that's £45 quid, along with a lot of other people I have had a huge
gas and electric bill to pay, its another 2 weeks to pay day, its not long after the expence of Christmas, it was a fukin crap day and an even more crap team.
That's my excuse.

A large VAT Dave

Crowds on 19:09 - Feb 1 with 2928 views442Dale

In case it needs saying, there was no criticism intended of any fans who weren't there today.

Crowds on 09:28 - Feb 2 with 2576 viewsThe_DJ

Crowds on 17:31 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

Somebody on here did.
Crowds on 09:52 - Feb 2 with 2517 views442Dale

Crowds on 09:28 - Feb 2 by The_DJ

Somebody on here did.

Who?

We were predicting a very similar figure in the Ratcliffe before the game.

Crowds on 09:55 - Feb 2 with 2502 viewsTVOS1907

Somebody on here did.

I think you might be missing the point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crowds on 10:14 - Feb 2 with 2464 viewsmacro

Somebody on here did.

Advertising the game properly might have helped...
Crowds on 12:06 - Feb 2 with 2369 viewsThe_DJ

Crowds on 17:29 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

I must have missed the balmy weather that attracted the 200 extra fans v Plymouth.

It was 1 degree warmer against Plymouth.
Thus 200 more fans.
Crowds on 13:49 - Feb 2 with 2264 viewsaleanddale

So we lost 2600 home fans in 7 days.

As stated earlier in this thread Yesterday was so unattractive.. Dagenham and that wind probably knocked the 200 Plymouth attendees the rest will only come it seems against more attractive opposition.

I am sure it is a worry for the club and something needs to change.

Fingers crossed for a win on Saturday and a Balmy spring afternoon v Morecambe!!
Crowds on 21:07 - Feb 2 with 2136 viewspioneer

Crowds on 13:49 - Feb 2 by aleanddale

So we lost 2600 home fans in 7 days.

As stated earlier in this thread Yesterday was so unattractive.. Dagenham and that wind probably knocked the 200 Plymouth attendees the rest will only come it seems against more attractive opposition.

I am sure it is a worry for the club and something needs to change.

Fingers crossed for a win on Saturday and a Balmy spring afternoon v Morecambe!!

might have helped to link the sale of Wednesday tickets to this game with a modest discount (both games 25 quid and priority in ticket sales.

But CBA won out again.
Crowds on 00:16 - Feb 3 with 2024 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Really good post. I think the biggest issue is cost tbh.

19 years ago I was earning 9k a year whilst at college and £5 to watch Dale was an expense I could accept and was good value - even though we were not always great.

its now best part of £20 and tbh most wages are not much above £1500 take home - it is getting much more expensive.

Its not Dale - its just football but £50 a month of income is a fair bit to throw out I guess - £12 quid out of £560 or so seemed a lot easier back then.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Crowds on 10:44 - Feb 3 with 1899 viewsMass_Debater

Crowds on 00:16 - Feb 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

Really good post. I think the biggest issue is cost tbh.

19 years ago I was earning 9k a year whilst at college and £5 to watch Dale was an expense I could accept and was good value - even though we were not always great.

its now best part of £20 and tbh most wages are not much above £1500 take home - it is getting much more expensive.

Its not Dale - its just football but £50 a month of income is a fair bit to throw out I guess - £12 quid out of £560 or so seemed a lot easier back then.

Good post. Cost and the weather are definitely a factor, but it still doesn't explain why the club aren't TRYING to improve crowds which is what I think the OP is getting at.
Crowds on 10:49 - Feb 3 with 1893 viewsnordenblue

Crowds on 10:44 - Feb 3 by Mass_Debater

Good post. Cost and the weather are definitely a factor, but it still doesn't explain why the club aren't TRYING to improve crowds which is what I think the OP is getting at.

Theres been a million and one brilliant ideas on this forum from various regulars and offers of help to increase crowds/revenue but it really is falling on deaf ears,the powers that be are obviously content with very poor attendances and the amount of money coming into the club?Its just a miracle we have someone like Hilly here(at the moment) taking the club on a decent run and continually producing assets out of nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024