Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince UK Tour announced today? 11:20 - Feb 3 with 7057 viewsElHoop

Sounds as if he's over here and about to do some live stuff whilst he's here. Could be interesting. Has released some previews from a new album which is basically an all-girl group plus Prince - group is called 3rdeyegirl. Sounds OK:

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 13:52 - Feb 3 with 5368 viewsrunningman75

sign o the times is one of my ultimate favourite albums. Unfortunately the artist himself is too egotistical and will probably charge a fortune for this one. A friend of mine was a bouncer who was employed as security at Earls Court in the 1990s. Prince had clear instructions about having the corridors clear and people crossing his path at the time.
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:06 - Feb 3 with 5346 viewsElHoop

As i recall the tickets for the O2 residency were about £32 last time weren't they? Was bloody good value anyway. Probably gonna be double that this time. Sure he's a bit of a tosser but he's good.
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:10 - Feb 3 with 5330 viewssimmo

Would be very surprised if these tickets are not £70 plus. Other than that I would be all over a Prince gig.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:26 - Feb 3 with 5309 viewssimmo

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:38 - Feb 3 with 5296 viewsElHoop

He wrote this but did he ever do his own version?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:50 - Feb 3 with 5261 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

He's sposed to be playing Glastonbury.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 15:10 - Feb 3 with 5239 viewsElHoop

I'm going to Glastonbury for the first time and hope he is going, but I somehow doubt it.

Here's his version of Creep, which he obviously didn't write, but it's tidy enough:

http://www.guavaleaf.com/video/6167/Prince--Creep-Live#sthash.WRmQZuSh.dpbs
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 15:21 - Feb 3 with 5226 viewsessextaxiboy

I only found out a few years back that he could play guitar like this ..solo from about 3.25
Login to get fewer ads

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 15:49 - Feb 3 with 5205 viewsRedbourneR

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 15:21 - Feb 3 by essextaxiboy

I only found out a few years back that he could play guitar like this ..solo from about 3.25

Purple Rain, Wembley Arena, 1991 - great guitar. Fabulous live, and those Wembley gigs (I went twice) were so much better than the Earls Court ones a year later. Went to the O2 of course but it's such a bad venue if you're stuck high up and he teased rather than wowed the crowd I thought. Hoping this time round that it'll be better.
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 16:34 - Feb 3 with 5167 viewsBlackCrowe

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 15:21 - Feb 3 by essextaxiboy

He is an incredible guitarist. What's even more impressive is that he is at leas as good on the drums and piano. As well as writing all his own music and lyrics.

Like him or loathe him, the man's an utter once-in-a-lifetime genius and if you get the chance to see him live then you should grab it without thinking twice.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 17:15 - Feb 3 with 5132 viewsFearless

Being announced tomorrow I believe (from Lianne La Havas' front room!)

Brilliant entertainer and true genius as others have said
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 5091 viewsCamberleyR

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:10 - Feb 3 by simmo

Would be very surprised if these tickets are not £70 plus. Other than that I would be all over a Prince gig.

Even at 70 quid they would still be excellent value for money. I saw him when he was over here last time at the O2 when his Planet Earth album was out and he was absolutely brilliant. One of the best gigs I have seen without a doubt.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 18:06 - Feb 3 with 5085 viewsted_hendrix

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 16:34 - Feb 3 by BlackCrowe

He is an incredible guitarist. What's even more impressive is that he is at leas as good on the drums and piano. As well as writing all his own music and lyrics.

Like him or loathe him, the man's an utter once-in-a-lifetime genius and if you get the chance to see him live then you should grab it without thinking twice.

You're correct BC, I'm not sure if multi-instrumentalist is a word but that's what he is a multi-instrumentalist and a good one at that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 19:54 - Feb 3 with 5030 viewsElHoop

Sounds like fun, even if it was in Chelsea:

http://news.radio.com/2014/02/03/inside-princes-listening-party-for-plectrumelec
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 20:01 - Feb 3 with 5018 viewshoopstilidie

Saw him '86 at Wembley Arena, still stands out as one of the best live gigs I've ever seen.
Will definitely be going to this wherever and whatever the cost.
Glad he popped back out of his own orifice, he's nothing short of brilliant.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 08:41 - Feb 4 with 4909 viewsElHoop

Iconic venues around London? Must be odds on that he does either the Roundhouse or the Albert Hall, perhaps both.
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 11:14 - Feb 4 with 4872 viewsHooparoo

"I'm just a virgin, on my way to be wed. But you're such a hunk, so full of spunk I'll give you head"

Genius!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 13:42 - Feb 4 with 4816 viewsBlackCrowe

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 08:41 - Feb 4 by ElHoop

Iconic venues around London? Must be odds on that he does either the Roundhouse or the Albert Hall, perhaps both.

Yep that would be my guess too.

Either one or both of those two or the Half Moon in Putney.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:29 - Feb 4 with 4800 viewsElHoop

Roundhouse would be brilliant if you could get a ticket, which has got to be unlikely.

Looks as if this is the most likely source for news though:

https://twitter.com/3RDEYEGIRL
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 23:16 - Feb 4 with 4712 viewshoopstilidie

He is playing a 3am gig at the Electric Ballroom tonight. First come first served.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 09:53 - Feb 5 with 4676 viewsRedbourneR

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 23:16 - Feb 4 by hoopstilidie

He is playing a 3am gig at the Electric Ballroom tonight. First come first served.

Read about that this morning, see link. How'd you hear? Supposed to be playing in Camden again tonight ... ears to the ground and all that please

http://smart360photography.co.uk/prince-live-in-london-4-feb-2014/
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 10:04 - Feb 5 with 4665 viewsTW_R

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 18:06 - Feb 3 by ted_hendrix

You're correct BC, I'm not sure if multi-instrumentalist is a word but that's what he is a multi-instrumentalist and a good one at that.

I believe that's what's known as a busker!

I liked everything he did upto Sign o' the Times. He went downhill pretty quickly after that. Great live and a great musician.

Didn't you have to dress in Peach and Black for those Earl's Court gigs?
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 10:25 - Feb 5 with 4655 viewssimmo

http://sabotagetimes.com/music/prince-at-electric-ballroom-fur-coats-high-heels-

Prince walked on to an audience of around 60 people, dressed in a fur waistcoat and flashing high-heels, full afro

Prince UK Tour announced today? on 10:14 - Feb 6 with 4605 viewsElHoop

He did two gigs at the Electric Ballroom last night, for a tenner a head.

Looks like he's rolling on somewhere else now - latest tweet from manager says 'Roll on Ronnie and Albert'.

Ronnie Scott's then? Looks as if the Albert Hall might be a runner at some stage.
Prince UK Tour announced today? on 14:37 - Feb 6 with 4577 views100percent

I went last night - was pretty amazing to see him in such a small place compared to his normal stadium type shows. New material is pretty heavy metal - I was quite surprised how heavy it was.....
say what you like about him, doing these small shows and ensuring all the fans outside got to see him is a great thing. he did two full sets last night. you get the impression that the bloke would play all night if he could....
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024