Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams - the real axe man? 13:01 - Feb 5 with 4790 viewsmacman

Was it in fact a battle between Williams and Laudrup that led to the break. Had Williams and inventory-Monk, both without backing from the Spaniards and others) , hoped ML would fix their loss of authority?

Oh captiain, my captain:
Williams no doubt is not technical enough for Laudrup. Actually he has not been the kind of captain on or off the pitch that you would expect. Often shouting at others while almost every ball played into his area is certain danger. He had a good streak last spring, but other than that I would consider the weakest link in the back four (not counting Tiendalli, of course).

Lack of transfers:
Maybe the root cause is the alleged offloading attempt Williams to Arsenal last summer. I think it is pretty clear now that the transfer or lack of transfers last summer has more than anything to do with the current situation. ML wanted alternatives to Rangel and Williams, but got Tiendalli and nothing. He wanted two strikers and got Bony and nothing. ML stated numerous times last spring he needed to strengthen the squad just to maintain the level, because all the competition did. Just look at how other teams in the relegation zone acted in January. Some will think why didn't Laudrup speak out, but it is not his style. He is very loyal, if he has signed a contract. It has been the same in this transfer window. Jenkins(board) did not want to spend,except on budget players like Ngog and Emnes.

Back to Williams:
He has not been king of his domain at all this season. A captain who does not perform but shouts at everybody else will face mutiny. He probably turned to Mongo for help and lost the backing of the Spaniards.
We have not scored enough goals, but we have conceded for too many on personal errors. It is ridiculous have few balls he clears in the box, which at the same time has made Tremmel look bad.
I am sure if Laudrup, if Williams had not been team captain, had played a different setup from time to time. You could have put a pole in the box.

Technical and tactical blank as a blond:
In the blamage at Upton he actual went forward coming from his back line position leaving his area wide open for a counter attack. I cannot state it more clear than that. I could understand it, maybe, if he had anything to offer beyond the backline, but at Upton given a great opportunity following a corner he showed his total handicap in goal scoring. So, if we assume there were troubles in Paradise, surely a loyal strong captain like Williams could keep that down, but if you don't have the respect of your colleagues you cannot (Monk-Chico incident). ML does not see his role as a kinder garden manager. You may thin and believe he should be, but he himself is not used to have to motivate players because they are professionals as he is.

The axe: So Williams knew ML would replace him if he had the chance and no backing from the Spaniards and other Laurduo inventions like Gusman, Tiendalli, Davies, Bony - maybe Shelvey and Routledge. Although not directly threatened to be left out of the starting XI he must have clashed with ML's different approach to the man handling and when asked he was ready to swing the axe by asking the board to include his mate Monk as a coach. They must have known this was very difficult for ML to accept, maybe not at the start of the season, but now mid-season as a clear lack of confidence in ML.

The fix:
Nobody have talked much about it (it is much easier to blame the manager), but the backline is the place to look for a fix. If you don't concede, you cannot lose. Maybe you don't score yourself, but you will not lose. Some have stated it is a mess sometimes on the pitch, but this fix also starts with the back four. If they are not in place, the midfield will suffer and in the end the wings and forwards. This is Williams responsibility. He controls the back four and hence the DM. Can Monk fix that? He should be able to, being a back liner himself.
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:02 - Feb 5 with 3701 views_Kieran

Lee Jenkins > Tiendalli.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:03 - Feb 5 with 3677 viewsShaky

Couldn't agree more. Except for the last sentence.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 3651 viewsDaithejack

Not a fan of Williams then? , and who the F#%k is Mongo?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 13:08]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:05 - Feb 5 with 3638 viewsSwanseajill

Surely we don't need negative comments on individual players at this moment in time.
If he wears our shirt he has my support.
Nit picking on players? not at this time please..
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:05 - Feb 5 with 3631 viewsJackanapes

The defence HAS been the real problem, we have been scoring an adequate amount. Some of the goals we have shipped have been utterly demoralising.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:13 - Feb 5 with 3539 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:05 - Feb 5 by Jackanapes

The defence HAS been the real problem, we have been scoring an adequate amount. Some of the goals we have shipped have been utterly demoralising.

Defence is about more than the back 4 though isn't it?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:14 - Feb 5 with 3506 viewsJokeren1943

Our defense has by far been our weekest link this season.

If some players should try to keep quite it should those back four.
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:15 - Feb 5 with 3501 viewsJackFish

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:13 - Feb 5 by PatchesOHoulihan

It's about workrate and discipline as a team, something that we've been lacking for a while now, and something that Laudrup's teams have always lacked in the past as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:15 - Feb 5 with 3499 viewsmacman

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:05 - Feb 5 by Swanseajill

Surely we don't need negative comments on individual players at this moment in time.

I see your point, but I thought this is fix it times?
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:15 - Feb 5 with 3480 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Correct.

We defend as a team from the front.

Well actually we don't which is one of our major problems.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 3435 viewsJackanapes

I think that's why Nathan makes a difference, because he always tracks back,as does Routledge, although sometime I think Routledge should be tagged so he cant come back into our half,such is his inability to tackle.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:19 - Feb 5 with 3429 viewsLiberty

Do you think Williams should remain captain?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 3404 viewsJACKARSE

Clean sheets and we stay up
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 3403 viewsdulaisjack

if the attack scored more goals and less mistakes from midfield the defence would not be under so much pressure, but by the time we get the ball from the back to the front at such a slow pace the opposition get back and useally rob us of the ball and counter attack putting defence under more pressure.,how many passes go astray in midfield allowing opposition to counter attack.
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 3402 viewsJackanapes

Hr should step up and fulfill his post, which he has shown he can do in the past, for whatever reasons he hasn't been leading. Maybe this will change.

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:22 - Feb 5 with 3366 viewsTheFranchise

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:15 - Feb 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Correct.

We defend as a team from the front.

Well actually we don't which is one of our major problems.

Bingo, the opposition can only attack if you let them have the ball.
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:23 - Feb 5 with 3341 viewsSpratty

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:05 - Feb 5 by Swanseajill

But fine to slag em all off ad infinitum when ML manager?
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:24 - Feb 5 with 3321 viewsJackanapes

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:23 - Feb 5 by Spratty

But fine to slag em all off ad infinitum when ML manager?

Innit, when Laudrup was here we were nailed on to go down, now hes gone we will survive. Its crazeeeeee.

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:35 - Feb 5 with 3232 viewsmacman

Of course it is, but there is nothing more moral breaking than seeing the opponent score on chances, which are not really chances. You can take it every now and then, but if your gut feeling is that they cannot then everybody backs up a yard or two too much. At Upton they had talked about Carrol for days and what happens a ball from 25 yards, with no speed, leaving Carrol one option to head it down to Nolan. When you see something like that as a forward or midfielder, atfer having talked about, the air just goes out of you, but you pick yourself up and carry on until 1st half overtime, when they f....... repeat it! This is a back line not up for the task. Of course Shelvey should have cleared it, if he had not left Nolan to try to provide back up for Tremmel.
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:36 - Feb 5 with 3217 viewsbudegan

Demoralised? You've changed your tune!

You were one of the most vocal of the mob who would personally abuse anyone who expressed concerns with our performances but a few weeks ago.

I thought that while we were mid table and in Europe all was well in Jackanapes' garden (and anyone who disagreed was either a plastic, a red bird, or just generally unwelcome to express views on this board).
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:39 - Feb 5 with 3177 viewsJackanapes

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:36 - Feb 5 by budegan

Demoralised? You've changed your tune!

You were one of the most vocal of the mob who would personally abuse anyone who expressed concerns with our performances but a few weeks ago.

I thought that while we were mid table and in Europe all was well in Jackanapes' garden (and anyone who disagreed was either a plastic, a red bird, or just generally unwelcome to express views on this board).

I didn't say I was demoralised, I said we conceded demoralising goals( stupid goals) And I'm on record as saying I think we would have stayed up. For what its worth I think you are naive to think we will stay up just because we have sacked Laudrup. I'm leaning the other way and thinking we might have just made this wicket stickier.
Furthermore I have been saying for months that we are conceding stupid goals. Hardly the behaviour of the type ofperson you describe.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 13:44]

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:45 - Feb 5 with 3085 viewsbudegan

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:39 - Feb 5 by Jackanapes

I didn't say I was demoralised, I said we conceded demoralising goals( stupid goals) And I'm on record as saying I think we would have stayed up. For what its worth I think you are naive to think we will stay up just because we have sacked Laudrup. I'm leaning the other way and thinking we might have just made this wicket stickier.
Furthermore I have been saying for months that we are conceding stupid goals. Hardly the behaviour of the type ofperson you describe.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 13:44]

Where did I say anything about whether we would stay up or not?
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:46 - Feb 5 with 3072 viewsJackanapes

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:45 - Feb 5 by budegan

Where did I say anything about whether we would stay up or not?

Sucks when people make shyt up about you doesn't it.

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:50 - Feb 5 with 3040 viewsMattG

Williams - the real axe man? on 13:35 - Feb 5 by macman

Of course it is, but there is nothing more moral breaking than seeing the opponent score on chances, which are not really chances. You can take it every now and then, but if your gut feeling is that they cannot then everybody backs up a yard or two too much. At Upton they had talked about Carrol for days and what happens a ball from 25 yards, with no speed, leaving Carrol one option to head it down to Nolan. When you see something like that as a forward or midfielder, atfer having talked about, the air just goes out of you, but you pick yourself up and carry on until 1st half overtime, when they f....... repeat it! This is a back line not up for the task. Of course Shelvey should have cleared it, if he had not left Nolan to try to provide back up for Tremmel.

You can argue that Williams should have done better against Carroll for the header but I though Amat was to blame for the first goal - he didn't track Nolan all the way which left him in space for the knock-down from Carroll.

As others have said, our better defensive records and performances in the last few seasons have been as much to do with defending from the front as with better players / organisation in the back four. To lay the blame for all of that at the feet of one player is pretty harsh to say the least.
Williams - the real axe man? on 13:50 - Feb 5 with 3034 viewsbudegan

Genius.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024