Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mom tonight ? 22:18 - Feb 20 with 11231 viewsspikeee

Chico
Was everywhere he needed to be with the right pass too.

Awesome
Mom tonight ? on 02:56 - Feb 21 with 1805 viewsLiam12345

fairly obvious its chico thought pablo and bony done well if the goal keepers werent so up for it then it would be hard to pick from those 3

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Mom tonight ? on 04:53 - Feb 21 with 1767 viewsSwansNZ

Mom tonight ? on 00:11 - Feb 21 by Parlay

Canas did.

Everyone else played extremely well.

I disagree, Canas did not have a poor game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Mom tonight ? on 05:11 - Feb 21 with 1755 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 04:53 - Feb 21 by SwansNZ

He definately did. Rewatch it, he was our weak link by some distance.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Mom tonight ? on 05:49 - Feb 21 with 1737 viewsDr_Winston

Mom tonight ? on 05:11 - Feb 21 by Parlay

He definately did. Rewatch it, he was our weak link by some distance.

He had an excellent first half. Went off the boil a bit in the second and was subbed.

Weak link? Poor game? Bollocks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mom tonight ? on 06:30 - Feb 21 with 1722 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 05:49 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

He had an excellent first half. Went off the boil a bit in the second and was subbed.

Weak link? Poor game? Bollocks.

Good game? First half? Bollocks.

I can do that too.

However on this occasion it is apt. I know people like to get giddy after a win and ignore poor performances however i look at everythinñg on its own merit. Canas gave away the ball frequently, was very languid and barely broke into a sprint. Lost his man on many occasions leaving Britton isolated to mop up the few attacks the mustered.

He was not good in either half and was indeed, our weakest link.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 6:31]

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 07:09 - Feb 21 with 1693 viewsgibs0n

Great result, a goal in Napoli and they have to score two :-)
Mom tonight ? on 07:15 - Feb 21 with 1686 viewsjacksinceever

Mom tonight ? on 23:05 - Feb 20 by JackFish

Pablo was superb, saw on twitter that he created six chances in the first half alone! If he keeps playing like that I'm not sure Michu is going to get his place back in the team?!

Michwho? Only joking. I'm sure Michu still has important part to play, but great to see he has competition and a replacement if he's tired.
Mom tonight ? on 07:22 - Feb 21 with 1671 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Canas did.

Canas along with Rangel who didn't have his best game.
Chico was excellent but Pablo and Routledge were both off the scale. The best either has ever played for us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Mom tonight ? on 07:51 - Feb 21 with 1643 viewsBonjour

Mom tonight ? on 22:19 - Feb 20 by BLAZE

Can I say all of 'em?

All bar Canas. He was shocking
Mom tonight ? on 07:52 - Feb 21 with 1634 viewsJackfath

Mom tonight ? on 07:51 - Feb 21 by Bonjour

All bar Canas. He was shocking

Shocking is a bit strong, but I agree he was slightly off the pace.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Mom tonight ? on 07:55 - Feb 21 with 1633 viewsBonjour

Mom tonight ? on 07:52 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Shocking is a bit strong, but I agree he was slightly off the pace.

Ok. Relatively shocking :-)

Invariably it was him that lost possession. Was just very frustrating when all around him were playing well.
Mom tonight ? on 08:24 - Feb 21 with 1595 viewsSpratty

Canas did.

The boys were all outstanding

Leon at his clockwork best, Chico so composed, Bony becoming more and more mobile to add to his outstanding strength and composure. Pablo running the show. Dyer and Routs exceptional. Churlish to leave any of them out.

Canas I thought put exceptional effort in, his work rate and the amount of ground he covered was prestigious.

However the ongoing pincer movement by the supporters largely drowning out such organised travelling support was one of the great moves of the game. Think the away fans were a bit taken back that we were all over them. Like to think we could continue that level of support even (or especially) when behind.

Negative - the best team did't win
Mom tonight ? on 08:38 - Feb 21 with 1581 viewsJethroJack

On that performance, Leon, Nathan & Routs....FAR TOO GOOD for England.
Pablo.....looked world class.
Chico.....THAT TACKLE was reminiscent of Bobby Moore v Brazil in Mexico 1970.
As GM said.....MAGNIFICENT
Mom tonight ? on 08:45 - Feb 21 with 1568 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 08:24 - Feb 21 by Spratty

Leon at his clockwork best, Chico so composed, Bony becoming more and more mobile to add to his outstanding strength and composure. Pablo running the show. Dyer and Routs exceptional. Churlish to leave any of them out.

Canas I thought put exceptional effort in, his work rate and the amount of ground he covered was prestigious.

However the ongoing pincer movement by the supporters largely drowning out such organised travelling support was one of the great moves of the game. Think the away fans were a bit taken back that we were all over them. Like to think we could continue that level of support even (or especially) when behind.

But the good performance by leon et al doesnt automatically mean Canas played well. There is a distinct temptation to band them all together after a good result just as you have with "the boys" term.

Canas' work rate was woeful, never seen him like that before. Almost looked hampered by injury he was slow, didnt track back when he was bypassed and was just jogging around in 2nd gear. When he got the ball in the middle of a promising move it was usually him that gave it away.

Im a canas fan. But im not getting sucked into tarring them all with the same superlative brush as it would be disrespectful to the other performers. He was poor by his and our standards.

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 09:12 - Feb 21 with 1535 views2face

Chico's on Whoscored's team of the week. Some nice players in there.

Mom tonight ? on 09:17 - Feb 21 with 1448 viewsItchySphincter

Mom tonight ? on 22:39 - Feb 20 by LeonisGod

Feels like we've got our Swansea back at last. And the atmosphere in the last 2 hoe games has been as good as it has been for a while. Happy days again. Play like that against palace, west brom and naarwich and we''ve a good chance of 9 pts.

We probably won't play like that everyweek but the signs are good. So long as Palace, WBA, and Naarch don't beat us everything is rosy. The games will run out soon enough.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mom tonight ? on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 1448 viewsSpratty

Mom tonight ? on 08:45 - Feb 21 by Parlay

But the good performance by leon et al doesnt automatically mean Canas played well. There is a distinct temptation to band them all together after a good result just as you have with "the boys" term.

Canas' work rate was woeful, never seen him like that before. Almost looked hampered by injury he was slow, didnt track back when he was bypassed and was just jogging around in 2nd gear. When he got the ball in the middle of a promising move it was usually him that gave it away.

Im a canas fan. But im not getting sucked into tarring them all with the same superlative brush as it would be disrespectful to the other performers. He was poor by his and our standards.

As I said I think the boys were outstanding. Hard not to group them because it is a team game and for e.g. Bony in his previous more stationary target man role if he makes himself available as he does has a good game the fact he gets no service makes him look isolated and ineffectual. Or Pablo who has always put through killer passes but if no one has the vision to get on the end of them he is classed by some as a useless player who gives the ball away.

I did actually though specifically mention Canas individually as I had particularly picked out his exceptional determination during the match which is why I said

"Canas I thought put exceptional effort in, his work rate and the amount of ground he covered was prestigious."

So I think I am neither getting sucked in or disrespectful to the other players as you to seem accuse me. It is merely differing opinions however it seems it is not only I who disagree with your assessment.

For example I noticed both Leon and Ash giving the ball away a few times but it would be churlish to make an issue of that because it is unsurprising the rate that the game was being played especially the speed and non stop clockwork action that Leon was working with.
Mom tonight ? on 09:22 - Feb 21 with 1443 viewsItchySphincter

Mom tonight ? on 04:53 - Feb 21 by SwansNZ

It's relative though, he didn't have a great game in comparison to others.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mom tonight ? on 09:25 - Feb 21 with 1436 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 09:18 - Feb 21 by Spratty

As I said I think the boys were outstanding. Hard not to group them because it is a team game and for e.g. Bony in his previous more stationary target man role if he makes himself available as he does has a good game the fact he gets no service makes him look isolated and ineffectual. Or Pablo who has always put through killer passes but if no one has the vision to get on the end of them he is classed by some as a useless player who gives the ball away.

I did actually though specifically mention Canas individually as I had particularly picked out his exceptional determination during the match which is why I said

"Canas I thought put exceptional effort in, his work rate and the amount of ground he covered was prestigious."

So I think I am neither getting sucked in or disrespectful to the other players as you to seem accuse me. It is merely differing opinions however it seems it is not only I who disagree with your assessment.

For example I noticed both Leon and Ash giving the ball away a few times but it would be churlish to make an issue of that because it is unsurprising the rate that the game was being played especially the speed and non stop clockwork action that Leon was working with.

But surely if you watched the game back you would realise his work rate was woeful as was his ball retention.

It is my belief you are using the result and general good performance across the board to cloud the actual performance of Canas who wasnt even average. He was quite clearly poor.

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 1429 viewsDull1Thomas

"Canas I thought put exceptional effort in, his work rate and the amount of ground he covered was prestigious." is the correct comment.
Vorm was alert and made a couple of excellent saves.
Ben, Ashley (Back again), CHICO and Angel were as one. I've not seen that degree of position interchanging, understanding, skill and doggedness from a back four for a long time.
And who reckoned Rangel was off speed???
Routledge and Dyer opened the pitch up and Pablo exploited the space in the middle.
Bony again was immense (but really should have scored)
Leon outstanding (Canas - see above
While being realistic about forthcoming games I delighted in that performance and feel sorry for those who can only find words of criticism.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Mom tonight ? on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 1426 viewsJackSomething

Mom tonight ? on 08:24 - Feb 21 by Spratty

I haven't agreed with much you've posted, but I do here.

Take a fu*king bow East Stand. You were superb. Good support from all round the stadium too. Very few of the season tickets holders around me in the West turned up (they never do for cup games, strange people) and it showed in a much better atmosphere.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Mom tonight ? on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 1419 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 09:31 - Feb 21 by Dull1Thomas

"Canas I thought put exceptional effort in, his work rate and the amount of ground he covered was prestigious." is the correct comment.
Vorm was alert and made a couple of excellent saves.
Ben, Ashley (Back again), CHICO and Angel were as one. I've not seen that degree of position interchanging, understanding, skill and doggedness from a back four for a long time.
And who reckoned Rangel was off speed???
Routledge and Dyer opened the pitch up and Pablo exploited the space in the middle.
Bony again was immense (but really should have scored)
Leon outstanding (Canas - see above
While being realistic about forthcoming games I delighted in that performance and feel sorry for those who can only find words of criticism.

Looks like there are many "incorrect" people on the board today that all are of the same opinion as me about canas performance then.

Even on the match thread, halfway through the first half everyone was getting praised apart from "canas is out of his depth".

I honestly have no idea what match people watch sometimes after a good result. Same the other way around after a bad general performance, good performances are ignored.

As for your comment "can only find words of criticism" what tosh. The negatives are focused on as if they are somehow exempt after a good result. Sorry that doesnt wash with me. I praised those that played well and observed the ones that didnt. If you wish to focus on the poor performance and then lie to yourself then that is your prerogative.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:36]

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 09:40 - Feb 21 with 1399 viewsSpratty

Mom tonight ? on 09:25 - Feb 21 by Parlay

But surely if you watched the game back you would realise his work rate was woeful as was his ball retention.

It is my belief you are using the result and general good performance across the board to cloud the actual performance of Canas who wasnt even average. He was quite clearly poor.

You can believe black is white as far as I care and I would not be so disrespectful to you as to suggest there are hidden reasons for your opinion as you have done to me. But perhaps you may want to consider why so many others also seem to disagree with you.

I watched the game pitch side as I do most of our teams games. I also went home and watched the whole thing again. I have clearly given my opinion formed on that. I recall him giving the ball away and working like a dog to get it back. If I had to pick a player who gave the ball away unnecessarily it would be Ash who made me take a sharp intake of breath a couple of times. But as I say that is churlish there is no way I would say he had a poor game.
Mom tonight ? on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 1391 viewsParlay

Mom tonight ? on 09:40 - Feb 21 by Spratty

You can believe black is white as far as I care and I would not be so disrespectful to you as to suggest there are hidden reasons for your opinion as you have done to me. But perhaps you may want to consider why so many others also seem to disagree with you.

I watched the game pitch side as I do most of our teams games. I also went home and watched the whole thing again. I have clearly given my opinion formed on that. I recall him giving the ball away and working like a dog to get it back. If I had to pick a player who gave the ball away unnecessarily it would be Ash who made me take a sharp intake of breath a couple of times. But as I say that is churlish there is no way I would say he had a poor game.

Havent you thought why so many disagree with you?

Id say there are more agreeing with me on this thread than agreeing with you.

Also the opinion on the match thread backs me up - not you.

Forum celebrity

Mom tonight ? on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 1390 viewsyescomeon

Pablo for me, all the boys played well but thought Canas could have played better, not that he played particularly badly.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024