Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) 18:38 - Mar 5 with 4014 viewsJackfath

If you were to move, which areas in Swansea (and surrounds) do you feel are most pleasant? Where would you like to live if you had the chance around those areas, and why do you feel that way?

The cost of housing has to be relatively reasonable (ie <£150k)

I would love to hear your opinion on these matters.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 18:56 - Mar 5 with 3979 viewsexiledclaseboy

Mate of mine lives in Tircoed, between Penllergaer and Pontlliw. Always struck me as a very nice estate. Ditto Parc Penllergaer.

When we moved in to the estate we live in (about 14 years or so ago) it was lovely here. Now it's a sh*thole mostly populated by skip rats. If I wasn't so damn lazy I'd have moved years ago. One of these days I'll get my arse into gear and do exactly that.

Poll: Tory leader

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 18:59 - Mar 5 with 3968 viewsJackfath

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 18:56 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

Mate of mine lives in Tircoed, between Penllergaer and Pontlliw. Always struck me as a very nice estate. Ditto Parc Penllergaer.

When we moved in to the estate we live in (about 14 years or so ago) it was lovely here. Now it's a sh*thole mostly populated by skip rats. If I wasn't so damn lazy I'd have moved years ago. One of these days I'll get my arse into gear and do exactly that.

I am not sure whether I prefer the modern hosing estate or the more traditional streets in parts of older Swansea. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

The estates you mention do seem quite nice, I think the Penllergaer one is a little more accessible however.

As you rightly point out though, skip rats can pollute the most decent of areas and make life miserable.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:04 - Mar 5 with 3960 viewsexiledclaseboy

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 18:59 - Mar 5 by Jackfath

I am not sure whether I prefer the modern hosing estate or the more traditional streets in parts of older Swansea. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

The estates you mention do seem quite nice, I think the Penllergaer one is a little more accessible however.

As you rightly point out though, skip rats can pollute the most decent of areas and make life miserable.

I think it'd have to be the more modern estate for me unless I saw an older house that could sway me otherwise. My sister bought a big old detached house a year or so ago, gutted it completey more or less and completely refurbished it and built a snooker room at the back for my nephew. Lovely now, but they lived in squalor for about eight months spent much more than they planned to. Couldn't be doing with all that.

Poll: Tory leader

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:14 - Mar 5 with 3943 viewsMisterGaz

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 18:56 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

I live in Tircoed, it is nice but it is a bit out of the way - nearest pub is a good 20/25min walk. No problem if you drive though. Parc Penllergaer's nice too but even more isolated .
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:19 - Mar 5 with 3934 viewsIAN05

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:14 - Mar 5 by MisterGaz

I live in Tircoed, it is nice but it is a bit out of the way - nearest pub is a good 20/25min walk. No problem if you drive though. Parc Penllergaer's nice too but even more isolated .

I live in Parc Penllergaer, having moved from Loughor a year ago. A nice estate, good people living here, but wish I hadn't left Loughor. Far more community feel in Loughor, with loads of pubs, full of Swans fans.
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:35 - Mar 5 with 3905 viewsDull1Thomas

Town Hill
Hafod
or
StThomas if you want to be the other side of the river

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 20:37 - Mar 5 with 3849 viewsEdmundo

Currently live in parc brynheulog (new estate inbetween birchgrove/llansamlet)..tis a nice place to live, loads of different house styles, community feel.

I would like a place over Killay/Sketty area, one day, once I retire!

If I loads of money....it would be langland!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 20:41 - Mar 5 with 3840 viewsDarran

Neath,move to Neath.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 20:54 - Mar 5 with 3821 viewsChief

Llanelli. house far cheaper this side of the Loughor

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 21:02 - Mar 5 with 3806 viewsRancid

I like Brynmill and Uplands area.As long as I didn't live next door to a load of students, I'd like to live there.
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 21:05 - Mar 5 with 3800 viewsDarran

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 21:02 - Mar 5 by Rancid

I like Brynmill and Uplands area.As long as I didn't live next door to a load of students, I'd like to live there.

Or BrynmillJack.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 21:08 - Mar 5 with 3795 viewsRancid

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 21:05 - Mar 5 by Darran

Or BrynmillJack.

I like Brynnie but we had an awful argument on here recently which i regret.
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 22:42 - Mar 5 with 3676 viewsDyfnant

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 21:02 - Mar 5 by Rancid

I would've thought there'd be some bargains in Brynmill when the student village in SA1's complete

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 22:46 - Mar 5 with 3659 viewsUxbridge

Yep. Hopefully with the second campus next year theyll move out and the skiprats will move somewhere less nice. Been looking at getting a place near Brynmill Park for a little while.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 22:55 - Mar 5 with 3633 viewsAl_Bundy

So what can you get for £150K housing wise in Swansea ? Semi or detached possibly?
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 23:05 - Mar 5 with 3620 viewsUxbridge

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 22:55 - Mar 5 by Al_Bundy

So what can you get for £150K housing wise in Swansea ? Semi or detached possibly?

Depends. A small semi in Brynmill or something 10 times the size a few miles east. Massive differences across the city.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 23:19 - Mar 5 with 3602 viewsSwanseajill

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:04 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

I think it'd have to be the more modern estate for me unless I saw an older house that could sway me otherwise. My sister bought a big old detached house a year or so ago, gutted it completey more or less and completely refurbished it and built a snooker room at the back for my nephew. Lovely now, but they lived in squalor for about eight months spent much more than they planned to. Couldn't be doing with all that.

Met some very nice people since moving to Penllergaer, every one seems friendly and its a really nice estate on the other side of the dual carriageway from Park Penllergaer.
Lots of dogs around here Clasie, but they are generally on leads and their owners have pockets full of poop bags at the ready.
Good shopping area locally, and an easy drive via the motorway to the Liberty, although Fathy wouldn't like the journey after the game, unless he leaves at around 85 minutes.
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 09:04 - Mar 6 with 3502 viewsperchrockjack

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 23:19 - Mar 5 by Swanseajill

Met some very nice people since moving to Penllergaer, every one seems friendly and its a really nice estate on the other side of the dual carriageway from Park Penllergaer.
Lots of dogs around here Clasie, but they are generally on leads and their owners have pockets full of poop bags at the ready.
Good shopping area locally, and an easy drive via the motorway to the Liberty, although Fathy wouldn't like the journey after the game, unless he leaves at around 85 minutes.

Any area that Lorraine is living has my seal of approval.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 09:16 - Mar 6 with 3489 viewsSwanseajill

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 09:04 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

Any area that Lorraine is living has my seal of approval.

Morning Rich. x
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 09:39 - Mar 6 with 3455 viewsepaul

If I could I'd happily go back to Brynhyfryd where I spent my formative years growing up before fecking offski to "see the world". Truth is it'd never happen as my life and kids, granddaughter etc are all up here in Lundun. I actually love living in Lundun

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 16:30 - Mar 6 with 3317 viewsperchrockjack

Always thought I d return some day and find a house in Gower Road near to the dip near Singleton Park, Sketty .

Life goes where it takes you and its not always possible to control it.

Cant see me retiring to Penmaen bungalow either so west Wirral is probably where I ll stay as the climate is much better and there s much to stop one getting bored.

We re considering getting a dog but neither fancies picking shtyte up. There again none of the horse riders down our lane stop to pick their animal s crap. Feckn messy batsrads are horses and there s loads around here with snotty little feckers astride looking down their noses at all and sundry

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 3246 viewsAl_Bundy

Sadly £150k down my way won't even get you a basic flat. The London migration over the last decade as pushed an average semi up to £270k
Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 20:02 - Mar 6 with 3233 viewsDr_Winston

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 22:55 - Mar 5 by Al_Bundy

I got a three bed semi with three big cellar rooms in Morriston for £65k eighteen months ago. Needs a little work but not huge amounts.

You can pay a hell of a lot more just for a postcode.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Great affordable places to live in Swansea (or surrounds) on 20:10 - Mar 6 with 3219 viewstreboethjack

I personally wouldn't mind somewhere quiet like the Velindre. not too far from the City centre and close to the M4.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024