Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf 06:15 - Mar 26 with 9291 viewsDr_Winston

Has now scored more Premier League goals this season than:

Benteke
Lambert
Negredo (surprised at that one)
Dzeko
Welbeck
Adebayor
Eto'o
Schurrle

He's scored the same number as Robin Van Persie, and only two fewer than Rooney & Giroud. But apparently he's not quite what we need in a striker.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf on 12:25 - Mar 26 with 2121 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 12:06 - Mar 26 by DafyddHuw

Ffs. Really? You really meant this? Are you a scummer in disguise?

Clearly not, but you are clearly a cu nt for saying it.
Are you one of the thick fu cks who cant have a debate without taking it personally, pr ick.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Wilf on 12:27 - Mar 26 with 2110 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 12:10 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

We should sign Benny Hill, he runs around

I never mentioned once that he should run around, you have done that, which tells me you know where his development issues are.

Thanks for agreeing ;-)

Wilf on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 2096 viewsNeath_Jack

For a bloke of his size you'd never think he could be so good in the air, he's like a black salmon on steroids.

The best striker to have ever played for us and you still get the dimwits coming out and saying he should be doing this or that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wilf on 12:43 - Mar 26 with 2073 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 12:36 - Mar 26 by Neath_Jack

For a bloke of his size you'd never think he could be so good in the air, he's like a black salmon on steroids.

The best striker to have ever played for us and you still get the dimwits coming out and saying he should be doing this or that.

He is a class act, I personally just see room for personal development from him.
Not sure that fits the bill here, everyone can improve or understand how to be better
However, it clearly is not allowed to be said on here.

Wilf on 12:57 - Mar 26 with 2031 viewswaynekerr55

Wilf on 12:27 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

I never mentioned once that he should run around, you have done that, which tells me you know where his development issues are.

Thanks for agreeing ;-)

Run where exactly? A centre forwards job is to be the focal point of attack. There is very little point in chasing long pointless balls down. If anything his job should be to screen the 2 centre backs and the wingers pick up the full backs.

My biggest problem with the view that players should "run around" is that aimless chasing of the ball means they get tired and also we leave gaps for teams to play in between

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Wilf on 12:59 - Mar 26 with 2024 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf on 12:57 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

Run where exactly? A centre forwards job is to be the focal point of attack. There is very little point in chasing long pointless balls down. If anything his job should be to screen the 2 centre backs and the wingers pick up the full backs.

My biggest problem with the view that players should "run around" is that aimless chasing of the ball means they get tired and also we leave gaps for teams to play in between

Yup.

There's obviously room for improvement in his game, but I don't see a reluctance to chase down every lost cause as one of them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf on 13:00 - Mar 26 with 2024 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He is what he is. A giant of a man, massive strength on the ball , can shoot with both feet (powerfully) and is one of the best headers of a ball I've seen. All for £12 million.
His frame doesn't allow him to close down keepers , he just doesn't have the pace .
If he did we'd have been nowhere near signing him. His value would have been £50 million plus

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilf on 13:01 - Mar 26 with 2020 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 12:57 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

I agree wholeheartedly.

So, a degree of endeavour that has been channelled thru improved training is needed.
If he does work on this we will see an improvement.

Because he clearly needs to do this on occassion to maximise his opportunities to score.

Login to get fewer ads

Wilf on 13:05 - Mar 26 with 2009 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 13:00 - Mar 26 by Brynmill_Jack

He is what he is. A giant of a man, massive strength on the ball , can shoot with both feet (powerfully) and is one of the best headers of a ball I've seen. All for £12 million.
His frame doesn't allow him to close down keepers , he just doesn't have the pace .
If he did we'd have been nowhere near signing him. His value would have been £50 million plus

If he works on it, and allows himself to see when he can do this thru training and team tactics he will not have people making excuses for him.

He either can be the complete player or cant be, either way he is a rich man, but not a complete one on the pitch.

Wilf on 13:36 - Mar 26 with 1977 viewsJackSomething

Wilf on 13:05 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

If he works on it, and allows himself to see when he can do this thru training and team tactics he will not have people making excuses for him.

He either can be the complete player or cant be, either way he is a rich man, but not a complete one on the pitch.

So he can become the complete player through training and team tactics?

You should have told Paul Scholes about this mun, then he could have learnt to tackle. Individual skills and abilities are apparently irrelevant, it can all be learned on the training ground. If Leon had spent more time on shooting practice over the years, he could be banging them in from 40 yards.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wilf on 14:05 - Mar 26 with 1939 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 13:36 - Mar 26 by JackSomething

So he can become the complete player through training and team tactics?

You should have told Paul Scholes about this mun, then he could have learnt to tackle. Individual skills and abilities are apparently irrelevant, it can all be learned on the training ground. If Leon had spent more time on shooting practice over the years, he could be banging them in from 40 yards.

No, he can become more of a complete player by acknowledging where he needs to develop.
If that makes it easier.

As for Leon, he could have been banging them in from 40 yards, if indeed he worked on that area of his game. But it isn't his area of his game to develop.

Where as with Bony's strength and power, surely that can be developed further ?

Wilf on 14:40 - Mar 26 with 1916 viewsFlashberryjack

Wilf on 07:44 - Mar 26 by shandyjack

top top player and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

I was one of those idiots that didn't rate Bony..........but been proved wrong, and absolutely delighted to have been.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wilf on 15:00 - Mar 26 with 1891 viewsperchrockjack

Wilf on 14:40 - Mar 26 by Flashberryjack

I was one of those idiots that didn't rate Bony..........but been proved wrong, and absolutely delighted to have been.

and that is a class post Sir

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wilf on 16:02 - Mar 26 with 1857 viewsItchySphincter

Very proud of Wilf, sincerely hope he wants to stay.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wilf on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 1844 viewscoolair

Bony has already said that he want's to play in the Champions League. He had an offer from Dortmund when he accepted Swansea.

He could still go to Dortmund on 15 - 20 million transfer. They have the money after loosen Lewandowski and they need a top striker if they want to continue to play in the top of Europe
Wilf on 16:14 - Mar 26 with 1837 viewsBloodyhills

Wilf on 06:50 - Mar 26 by citywalljack

That includes a lot of matches when he was sub or dare I say in a team where crossing is very average (more like Taylor last night please!). It's interesting how other teams fear him / want him in their squad (see arsenal forums last night) whilst many of our fans slag him off for his first touch or pace. He is a different class to anyone we've had before in that lone striker / holding role and when he goes to a big club for 20m+ we will miss him desperately.

yes, reading Everton fan's comments from the match report the other day, it's obvious they'd love to have him at their club.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Wilf on 16:16 - Mar 26 with 1834 viewsLeonisGod

Wilf on 08:47 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

If he had blistering pace he would be the complete centre forward FACT

AND if he could control or pass.
But that's why he cost £12m and not £52m

Out of goal scoring ability, pace, touch and creativity I guess an eye for goal is far from the worse attribute to have. That was a sumptuous header and well done tayls for making the most of the space he was offered.

I similarly overheard a couple of the Arsenal fans bemoaning their lack of a player like Wilf, even suggesting we should swap him for Giroud. They also felt really sorry for Arteta, Flamini and Cazorla because they were all up against Leon
Wilf on 16:19 - Mar 26 with 1828 viewswaynekerr55

Wilf on 16:16 - Mar 26 by LeonisGod

AND if he could control or pass.
But that's why he cost £12m and not £52m

Out of goal scoring ability, pace, touch and creativity I guess an eye for goal is far from the worse attribute to have. That was a sumptuous header and well done tayls for making the most of the space he was offered.

I similarly overheard a couple of the Arsenal fans bemoaning their lack of a player like Wilf, even suggesting we should swap him for Giroud. They also felt really sorry for Arteta, Flamini and Cazorla because they were all up against Leon

But he can control and pass, it's just not consistent

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Wilf on 16:56 - Mar 26 with 1798 viewsDafyddHuw

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/leadsc.html

And look at the really, really expensive players above and below him
Wilf on 17:05 - Mar 26 with 1789 viewsLeonisGod

Wilf on 16:19 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

But he can control and pass, it's just not consistent

More inconsistent than the rest of our attack-minded players (including wingers) by some distance. His pass completion is well down on the rest and it's very noticeable how often moves break down at him. To some extent this is not surprising given that we've been pinging relatively long (for us) passes into him. Occasionally he has the touch of a feather, so yep he can do it.But that's not his game is it. As Laudrup said when he got him, Wilf wil give us something differnt. Best header of the ball we have (at both ends) by some distance. The way he times his runs and attacks the ball is something else.
Wilf on 18:50 - Mar 26 with 1740 views1jack

Bony is a goal scorer not an attacking midfielder.

Bony was signed to score goals.

Bony has scored 20 goals.

I am happy, look -
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:26 - Mar 26 with 1665 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Wilf on 14:05 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

No, he can become more of a complete player by acknowledging where he needs to develop.
If that makes it easier.

As for Leon, he could have been banging them in from 40 yards, if indeed he worked on that area of his game. But it isn't his area of his game to develop.

Where as with Bony's strength and power, surely that can be developed further ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024