Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lita as sub 17:06 - Apr 5 with 5244 viewscitywalljack

... To turn around the game sums up today. Is he really the best we have? Did he even touch the ball? No fight or apparent tactics today against a dogged but poor hull team. Need something from chelsea / Newcastle or back right in it.
Lita as sub on 02:12 - Apr 9 with 927 viewsSwansNZ

Lita as sub on 15:02 - Apr 8 by BackHeel

its a tricky one bringing through strikers, to be fair to Laudrup (not something I say often) he gave Donnelly a few chances in pre-season/early European stages and he looked ok but then missed a few guilt-edged chances and his confidence seemed to crumble. Always easier, for example, to give a defender a debut, at either left or right back (depending on their footage, if that's the expresion), until they get enough confidence for the middle....maybe we should do the same with strikers, try them out wide or in the Michu role, until they can deal witht he pressure

So the plan to get out young strikers confidence up, is to play them out of position in the premier league? Mmmm, I'd not so sure on that.

I don't know if Rory is every going to be any good, but lets face it, he would not have done any worse than our other backup strikers over the last 2 years.

ML had him on the bench a few times in the PL. yet never put him on - how about putting him on as the last sub, for 5-10 mins? Man City away, 3-0 down, 10 minutes to go, throw him on - you'd not expect him to do anything, and I'm sure his confidence would not be shot if he didn't score a hattrick to draw the game.

Anyway, Lita is not good enough, I’d actually prefer Alvaro, and that really is saying something.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Lita as sub on 11:40 - Apr 9 with 893 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lita as sub on 02:12 - Apr 9 by SwansNZ

So the plan to get out young strikers confidence up, is to play them out of position in the premier league? Mmmm, I'd not so sure on that.

I don't know if Rory is every going to be any good, but lets face it, he would not have done any worse than our other backup strikers over the last 2 years.

ML had him on the bench a few times in the PL. yet never put him on - how about putting him on as the last sub, for 5-10 mins? Man City away, 3-0 down, 10 minutes to go, throw him on - you'd not expect him to do anything, and I'm sure his confidence would not be shot if he didn't score a hattrick to draw the game.

Anyway, Lita is not good enough, I’d actually prefer Alvaro, and that really is saying something.

At least in the European and other friendlies Rory new where the back of the net was and put a few balls in there, that is more than the other backups achieved and even our main stream players have struggled to do on a regular basis.
It is such a shame he messed up over Coventry.
He was definitely worth a try and never go any chances at all.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 11:41]
Lita as sub on 11:45 - Apr 9 with 879 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup didn't really do strikers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lita as sub on 15:53 - Apr 9 with 844 viewsdobjack2

No disrespect meant but he is not premiership quality. If he is the best option on the bench it sums up why we are where we are in the table.
Lita as sub on 16:02 - Apr 9 with 842 viewsJBT95

Lita as sub on 16:47 - Apr 8 by bostondanvers

Agree with all the comments about Lita, hardly going to frighten the opposition is he.
Where is Ngog ??? why did we sign him ? I think a lot of the problems stem from the lack of quality brought in during the January Window. ( apart from Emnes who looked as if he was interested and could add pace.

Hope Leroy comes on and smashes it in the net Sunday for the winner, and shuts everybody up about how crap he is, he's not that bad when given a chance! Remember he scored our first open play PL goal! The guy had a terrible reception when he came on against Palace, shocking as anything, we should get behind any player selected to play representing our club.

I much prefer seeing Lita amongst the subs than Vazquez.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 16:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024