Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club satement 11:33 - Apr 7 with 11614 viewsjudd

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/clubstatement-07.04.14-1472444.aspx

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club satement on 11:49 - Apr 8 with 1417 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Club satement on 11:43 - Apr 8 by ColDale

I suspect it might be two people with the same username, judging by their posts

Your correct Miss Marple
Club satement on 12:06 - Apr 8 with 1380 viewsjudd

Club satement on 11:42 - Apr 8 by TyroneShoelaces

think your getting me mixed up with someone else Judd.
never posted on Hornets Board,
might be similar/same user name, but definately NOT ME

What are the chances of that eh?

Fair enough, it would appear that TyroneShoelaces has answered TyroneShoelaces' question.

Club satement on 12:47 - Apr 8 with 1284 viewsSandyman

Club satement on 09:49 - Apr 8 by ColDale

I believe that relations between the two clubs are as good as they ever have been, and there is no reason to believe Hornets have not been paying their way.

What has been missed in all of this, is that when the old Rochdale Hornets folded, there was an opportunity then to get rid of Hornets should that be our intentions. Given the percentage required to pass any resolution on the Stadium Company, that would have allowed us almost power of veto to deny what by all accounts and purposes was a brand new club playing at Spotland. We would have been the lead party at negotiating with Hornets NewCo. We obviously did so because it was in our interests to have Hornets playing at Spotland, so why would that change now? We're not suddenly in a position where we are so flush with cash that any rent from Hornets is meaningless.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Not strictly so Col.
At the RAFC AGM in March 2012, Councillor Martin Burke was there representing the Council's interest in the Stadium Company. He stated to those assembled that Hornets were up to date with their rent. It was suggested to him by the Stadium Company secretary that it would not be wise for the councillor to say things in public that aren't true. Further enquiries found out that Nu-Hornets WERE behind with their rent at that time. Not having a dig, just making a point. If they are up to date with rent now, then all well and good. A tenant that pays should be welcomed as you say.
Rochdale MBC's website lists said councillor as appointed to the "outside body" Denehurst Park (Rochdale) Ltd .
Club satement on 13:33 - Apr 8 with 1205 viewselectricblue

Ive been trying to remember the deal to bring hornets to spotland from that dump of a ground which is now morrisons...
Can somebody elaborate on the original deal and why......
Plus what did dale get out..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club satement on 13:34 - Apr 8 with 1203 viewspioneer

I am not sure what the current membership of Hornets is, but they need to be careful. Assuming it is not more than 500 (may be thats wrong) and that they have a policy of one member one vote they could easily be taken over by a relatively small proportion of the Dale fans paying the 20 quid membership and voting out the current leadership, replacing them with Dale fans.

Its unfortunate some of their fans have chosen to adopt an aggressive/negative tone. Both teams are currently on the up and CD in his public statement is identifying the possibility of finally sorting out the stadium financial situation in a way that secures the playing future of both teams. But yes they could always go it alone . . . just like Oldham rugby did on a ground that doesn't even meet minimum requirements of the league they play in.
Club satement on 16:36 - Apr 8 with 1018 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Club satement on 12:06 - Apr 8 by judd

What are the chances of that eh?

Fair enough, it would appear that TyroneShoelaces has answered TyroneShoelaces' question.

there was me thinking i was the only one.
perhaps he/she is my long lost cousin..
Club satement on 16:38 - Apr 8 with 1013 viewsjudd

Club satement on 16:36 - Apr 8 by TyroneShoelaces

there was me thinking i was the only one.
perhaps he/she is my long lost cousin..

Family ties and all that...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024