Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Power Kites 07:13 - Apr 16 with 4233 viewsJackhero

Anyone had a go? I just purchased one here http://www.powerkiteshop.com/hq_rush_pro_kite.htm and can't wait for Friday to have a go.
Hopefully will progress to either an ATB or buggy then. Don't fancy the kite surfing bit as I'm sh it in water!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

(No subject) on 08:24 - Apr 16 with 4208 viewspurejack

I have a few kites and If I was you I would practice with a small one to start ..

About a 1.8 mtr just to get the feel of them and a 2 line as a first kite.. 4 line as you get the feel for them ..
I don't have a buggy or a board , I just sand surf or grass surf ...
Expext a few tristed ankles, bumps, bruises and being dragged on the sand or grass ...

But its a good adrenaline buzz if you enjoy it ..
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 8:30]
Power Kites on 08:40 - Apr 16 with 4196 viewspurejack

Power Kites on 09:56 - Apr 16 with 4177 viewsJackhero

Cheers Purejack, well on the advice of the nice man on the phone I went with the 2.5m HQ rush pro trainer (3 lines) with bar. He tried to get me straight onto the 3.5m one saying I could probably cope but after reading up on it from a few places decided to play it safe. Plus My boy could have a go then as it's the smaller one. Cannot wait!

Where do you go Purejack? I think I'll go to Pembrey or down Swansea Bay as I've seen them down there.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Power Kites on 14:12 - Apr 16 with 4152 viewspurejack

Swansea bay . To start If I was you I would use 2 lines before using the bar with 3 lines..
Decent size kite. Try and use it in lighter winds first nothing too strong .. Make sure you have plenty of space around you as it hurts others if you swoop and catch them with your lines..
When you get used to it you will really enjoy. How old is your son ?
My daughter enjoys it when we get the kites out and head down the beach. Not been for a while . So will probably head there this weekend or maybe early evenings if the weather keeps up :-)
You will end up getting a couple of kites. I take mine when I go on holiday because they pack away small ..
It will give you a good workout so get some muscle spray for all those sore muscles you didn't know you could pull ...lol
Power Kites on 14:20 - Apr 16 with 4147 viewsLeonisGod

Always fancied this, so cheers for the info guys
Power Kites on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 4140 viewsBanosswan

Got me thinking now. Think I'd rather go down the stunt kite route - this seems ok?

http://www.kiteworld.co.uk/acatalog/Prism-Kites-Nexus.html#a1467

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Power Kites on 17:37 - Apr 16 with 4108 viewspurejack

Ive not done stunt kites.

I like to try and play the wind with power kiting ..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024