Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts 14:42 - Apr 29 with 3319 viewsLe_Swans

The “Sharia-approved” Islamic accounts were set up by the high street bank to appeal to Muslim customers who are not allowed to receive or pay interest under Sharia law.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lloyds-bank-removes-overdraft-fee

So basically, it would make sense to switch to that account if you tend to get overdrawn. What a load of rubbish.
Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 05:52 - Apr 30 with 3172 viewsGlyn1

But you are also not paid any interest on your current account if it is in credit, which more and more High Street banks are now offering. Swings and roundabouts.

If you're worried for Lloyds Bank losing money over this, then that's nice of you but I bet they're still making a profit on the deal.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 07:57 - Apr 30 with 3138 viewsepaul

Oh my god! Run for your lives, take your women and children, they're going to take over the world.

I relly can't see what the fuss is all about. Has the Daily Fail expressed it's outrage at this yet?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 09:40 - Apr 30 with 3077 viewsjacksinceever

Lloyds Tsb set these up several years ago, so there is nothing new.
Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 09:49 - Apr 30 with 3065 viewspansypants

F uck the banks!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 10:16 - Apr 30 with 3049 viewsepaul

Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 09:49 - Apr 30 by pansypants

F uck the banks!!!

Spot on, I fully concur

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 13:23 - Apr 30 with 2985 viewsShaky

Lloyds bank - free overdrafts on their Islamic Accounts on 09:49 - Apr 30 by pansypants

F uck the banks!!!

Hmmm. In the case of Lloyds, that would imply we go f*ck ourselves since tax payers are the majority shareholders.

FWIW, in the world of investment management, funds and investment products managed according to Islamic criteria have been perhaps the hottest growth area over the past 5-10 years.

Lloyds have clearing been listening, albeit perhaps with something of a delayed echo.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024