Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway 15:22 - May 6 with 1823 viewsSwanzay

As previously mentioned, the oneway system in Swansea is a complete distaster and a dangerous one at that.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Woman-taken-hospital-colliding-car-Swans
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:05 - Aug 2 with 1651 viewsPhil_S

Unfortunately today I witnessed a lady getting hit by a bus at the crossing - was looking in the wrong direction and sadly you could see it coming but she just stepped out in front of the bus with nothing the driver could do

Hope the lady is OK
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:10 - Aug 2 with 1628 viewsJesusJack

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:05 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

Unfortunately today I witnessed a lady getting hit by a bus at the crossing - was looking in the wrong direction and sadly you could see it coming but she just stepped out in front of the bus with nothing the driver could do

Hope the lady is OK

What time was that Phil? I was there for quite a while earlier but must've missed it. I also noted that the system is stupid. I try to avoid it when I can.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:14 - Aug 2 with 1619 viewsPhil_S

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:10 - Aug 2 by JesusJack

What time was that Phil? I was there for quite a while earlier but must've missed it. I also noted that the system is stupid. I try to avoid it when I can.

Would have been about 12.45
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:14 - Aug 2 with 1619 viewspremierjack

It's not dangerous if the pedestrians take proper care.
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:17 - Aug 2 with 1604 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:14 - Aug 2 by premierjack

I have to say I agree with this. Grown adults crossing the road, it's not rocket science to make sure you're not going to get hit by a car being driven normally. And buses are generally big enough to notice like.

Poll: Tory leader

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:22 - Aug 2 with 1588 viewsPhil_S

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:17 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

I have to say I agree with this. Grown adults crossing the road, it's not rocket science to make sure you're not going to get hit by a car being driven normally. And buses are generally big enough to notice like.

I'm not actually sure at any point I said it was actually a silly system, merely that I witnessed someone getting hit

And not something I would like to witness again in a hurry either
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:24 - Aug 2 with 1582 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:22 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

I'm not actually sure at any point I said it was actually a silly system, merely that I witnessed someone getting hit

And not something I would like to witness again in a hurry either

I didn't say you did you sensitive young boobie.

I've been run over myself. By a f*cking big lorry. It wasn't pleasant.

Cue lots of "was the lorry ok" jokes.

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 1579 viewsPhil_S

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:24 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

I didn't say you did you sensitive young boobie.

I've been run over myself. By a f*cking big lorry. It wasn't pleasant.

Cue lots of "was the lorry ok" jokes.

And was it?

I got run over once by a Hillman Imp - anyone remember them?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:27 - Aug 2 with 1570 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:25 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

And was it?

I got run over once by a Hillman Imp - anyone remember them?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes it was fine. My knees have been f*cked ever since though.

My brother used to have a Hillman Hunter. He wrapped it round a tree two hours after passing his driving test. That was a fun 80s day in the Cude house.

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:29 - Aug 2 with 1561 viewsDarran

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:14 - Aug 2 by premierjack

Yeah it is,it's extremely poorly set up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:30 - Aug 2 with 1560 viewsPhil_S

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:27 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

Yes it was fine. My knees have been f*cked ever since though.

My brother used to have a Hillman Hunter. He wrapped it round a tree two hours after passing his driving test. That was a fun 80s day in the Cude house.

I used to be in school with a guy who was Hillman Imp mad he had about 4/5 of them - I'll lay money he is still driving around one these days
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:35 - Aug 2 with 1550 viewsJesusJack

Yes, crossing the road is not a difficult task. But when there are a number of incidents on a single stretch of road which isn't particularly busy (It's not exactly Paris), you have to suspect that there's a problem with the system, not the people using it.

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 1503 viewspremierjack

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:29 - Aug 2 by Darran

Yeah it is,it's extremely poorly set up.

How many people have been knocked down crossing the road? I'm sure there is thousands more that have crossed it safely.

Left, right and left again - even kids are tought this! Unfortunately ppl get careless.

I hope the person, the witnesses ans the driver is ok!
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 23:15 - Aug 2 with 1389 viewsperchrockjack

Hill an imps were rear engine dogs. Hunters were a good family car at the time and a good reps car

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 23:16 - Aug 2 with 1387 viewsDarran

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 16:56 - Aug 2 by premierjack

How many people have been knocked down crossing the road? I'm sure there is thousands more that have crossed it safely.

Left, right and left again - even kids are tought this! Unfortunately ppl get careless.

I hope the person, the witnesses ans the driver is ok!

Too many.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 23:51 - Aug 2 with 1358 viewsBanosswan

Seriously now, there are numerous crossing points (to the annoyance of drivers) and this traffic system has been in place for years. Anyone getting knocked down is either not paying attention /doesn't know the green cross code / thick.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 00:10 - Aug 3 with 1334 viewsDyfnant

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 23:51 - Aug 2 by Banosswan

Seriously now, there are numerous crossing points (to the annoyance of drivers) and this traffic system has been in place for years. Anyone getting knocked down is either not paying attention /doesn't know the green cross code / thick.

The vast majority of incidents will be on the Picton Arcade side of the road where the traffic is two way. It's an absolutely ridiculous set up

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 01:53 - Aug 3 with 1271 viewsrob

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 15:17 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

The problems is, that the traffic flows differently to what you would normally presume. When crossing the Metro lanes, I always have stop and check which way the traffic is coming. It's very easy to get confused and to just step out into traffic.
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 07:57 - Aug 3 with 1214 viewspremierjack

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 01:53 - Aug 3 by rob

The problems is, that the traffic flows differently to what you would normally presume. When crossing the Metro lanes, I always have stop and check which way the traffic is coming. It's very easy to get confused and to just step out into traffic.

No, the problem is when the pedestrians don't use the designated crossing points!
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 08:28 - Aug 3 with 1185 viewsMisterGaz

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 01:53 - Aug 3 by rob

Exactly, you have to stop and check...
If everybody stopped and checked they wouldn't get run over.
Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 08:54 - Aug 3 with 1166 viewsDr_Winston

The Kingsway is dangerous for people who don't know how to cross a f*cking road. Toddlers can be taught how to look both ways. Amazing how many adults seem to lose the skill.

Probably the same kind of people who needed barriers put up for them round the marina.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 09:07 - Aug 3 with 1150 viewsUxbridge

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 08:54 - Aug 3 by Dr_Winston

The Kingsway is dangerous for people who don't know how to cross a f*cking road. Toddlers can be taught how to look both ways. Amazing how many adults seem to lose the skill.

Probably the same kind of people who needed barriers put up for them round the marina.

Barriers I can understand. I've staggered along there after a few pints often enough to appreciate the added prevention of not getting soaked.

As for the Kingsway I really don't get the problem with it. It's not complicated and if the concept of a modified American dual carriageway is too stressful for you then wait for the helpful signs. Rocket science it aint.

Hope the recent victims are ok.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 1108 viewsjack_lord

Another pedestrian hit on Kingsway on 09:07 - Aug 3 by Uxbridge

Barriers I can understand. I've staggered along there after a few pints often enough to appreciate the added prevention of not getting soaked.

As for the Kingsway I really don't get the problem with it. It's not complicated and if the concept of a modified American dual carriageway is too stressful for you then wait for the helpful signs. Rocket science it aint.

Hope the recent victims are ok.

I was going to say that some of the road systems I have encountered are more suited to the Krypton Factor but the locals seemed to understand them. Hope the lady was ok though.
I knew a fellah down Mumbles who had a load of Hillman Imps, haven't seen him for years.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024