Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need any more be said? 16:41 - May 6 with 5101 viewsNOTRAC

Thirteen league games.
Won 3. Drew3. Lost7
Sack.
Thirteen league games
Won4.drew3 Lost 6
Half a million bonus.
Two year contract.
The first is Laudrups previous results before he got the sacked.
The latter is Gary Monk's results since he got the job.
Need any more be said.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Need any more be said? on 11:51 - May 7 with 645 viewsDafyddHuw

I'm not interested in the statistics in the original post. I'm far more interested in the way Garry Monk has set out his stall during the last part of the season. This was his probationary period.

Pluses - he got the team motivated. We won a few, but lost a lot more.

Unknowns - his ability to attract the players he feels he wants

Minuses - from what I've seen, we're reverting to 4-4-2, hoofing it up far too often from the back, we don't keep possession any more (check out our possession stats), we're moving away from a Barca style of play to a Stoke City (pre Sparky) style of play.

But then again, I know feck all about football, so everything will probably be sweetness and light.
Need any more be said? on 13:17 - May 7 with 603 viewsmacman

Well, I was never a big fan of the MK sacking, but I really do not think it has much to do with how the team performed before and after the sack. I think in the end it is taking a chance. GM could have done better than he did and it would still be taking a chance:

on signings - to come in as a class player you will be taking a chance
on players leaving - Bony may very well take his 20 goals and cash it in
on handling of the boat if a streak of bad results will come in
on other areas too, I am sure

GM may do very well, but the question is, what if he doesn't? How will he and the team react? Well, hopefully, but certainly there is a big question mark, which a bigger and more experienced name has to deal with too, but (I think) a little later. For Monk it will be right away as I have seen here in the posts: Fans with a memory of an ant with a severe Alzheimer. Bad subs, bad tactics and so on.
He has a big heart and a lot of courage, but that is far from enough for a PL club like Swansea.

Look to Tottenham TS did OK there too, but he needs to earn his credentials somewhere else first. They will bring in a big name, because that is what it takes, to handle the stars, to handle the pressure on and off the pitch.

I hope the board will see it the same way as the Spurs board.
Need any more be said? on 13:39 - May 7 with 578 viewsSwanzay

It seems with the appointment of Monk, the club seem to be trying to learn from past mistakes off the field, but at the same time creating potential problems on the field, if it doesn't go to plan.

When RM left he took alot of the backroom staff with him, these days the backroom staff are mainly appointed by the board, thus limiting the possibility of this happening to such an extent again, whilst keeping a consitantancy about the place.

MLs departure is rumoured to cost us around the £4 million mark, if GM exits in the same fashion, the payout will be no where near this figure.

IF another big name comes in then that could hit us hard again in the wallet.

It is a very prudent approach, but could backfire spectacularly if we lose our Premiership status.

For GM himself its a huge risk as if it goes wrong, that could be his connection to the club evaporated and severely damage what is at present a fragile early managerial career.

As Jackfath says all appointments are a gamble, its just that some are more of a gamble that others.

The club have played a blinder so far, whoever is chosen will get my full support and how it pans out only time will tell.
[Post edited 7 May 2014 15:58]
Need any more be said? on 21:32 - May 7 with 513 viewsChief

Need any more be said? on 08:48 - May 7 by raynor94

Here's a novel idea, why not wait and see who he brings in your this summer, before we condem him to the scrap heap. But reading your post you are convinced he's doomed to failure already, oh and what did you think of the martinez appointment?

no I wasn't impressed by that appointment at that time.

but It turned out to be a masterstroke.
oh and what did you think of the Cusack appointment?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Need any more be said? on 21:49 - May 7 with 491 viewsraynor94

Need any more be said? on 21:32 - May 7 by Chief

no I wasn't impressed by that appointment at that time.

but It turned out to be a masterstroke.
oh and what did you think of the Cusack appointment?

I Wass quite prepared to give him a go, but we are light years from those days, wait and see who he fetches in before you condem us to relegation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Need any more be said? on 21:56 - May 7 with 481 viewsChief

Need any more be said? on 21:49 - May 7 by raynor94

I Wass quite prepared to give him a go, but we are light years from those days, wait and see who he fetches in before you condem us to relegation

well I also thought we were light years away but here we go again.

We are now prem and we've employed a guy with the same CV!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Need any more be said? on 22:06 - May 7 with 468 viewsyescomeon

Need any more be said? on 16:48 - May 6 by hobo

ML had to contend with tougher fixtures, plus a huge injury list

All the way back to the League Cup? Don't think things have been done right the way it has turned out.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024