Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 3? 14:26 - May 8 with 4199 viewsscottishjack

So, Premier league teams will be eligible to enter "B" teams. I assume that they mean all Premier League teams if they so wish? Not just the top 6?

Plus, lets say for example, we enter a "B" team into league 3, they win promotion, but our first team were to be relegated from the Premier League?

I think personally this needs a lot of thought, and proper consultation with the non-league teams...Or is it purely set up to help the so called big teams in the Prem?
League 3? on 15:50 - May 8 with 1188 viewsKennedy

Have not read the report but was in a newspaper link last few days (only read Guardian/bbc or Dailymail (eeekk) )

So they could have been wrong but it makes sense.

But we could always try and get status 1 as cannot see them bringing it in for at least 2-3 years.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 15:54]

Just call me JFK

League 3? on 16:04 - May 8 with 1173 viewsmart6

League 3? on 15:42 - May 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not attempt to post with impeccable spelling and grammar. This isn't an exam. I believe my English is excelent thank you very much. There are many posters on this forum who type with poorer English than me. Why don't you run along and play Grammar Police, with them Mart?

I believe my English is EXCELENT. Comic classic EXCELLENT maybe,
League 3? on 16:12 - May 8 with 1156 viewsreddythered

League 3? on 14:51 - May 8 by Uxbridge

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. It would kill lower league clubs.

For those thinking how we might benefit from this, just think how we'd have been hammered by it 10 years ago. We simply would not be at this level now.

And anyway, since when was the point of the football leagues purely to service the international team? International football is almost irrelevant now.

There are 92 league clubs, way too many to be sustainable hence the financial troubles in the lower leagues.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

League 3? on 16:17 - May 8 with 1149 viewsDarran

League 3? on 16:12 - May 8 by reddythered

There are 92 league clubs, way too many to be sustainable hence the financial troubles in the lower leagues.

It's only for Premier League clubs Redster nothing for you to worry about.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

League 3? on 16:22 - May 8 with 1141 viewsMagicDaps

Petition - http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-football-association-say-no-to-b-teams

Save the tradition of the football league.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

League 3? on 16:24 - May 8 with 1140 viewsPrivate_Partz

Shocking idea to put Prem reserves in the league ladder. It devalues the structure and I am sure supporters in the lower leagues would be very much against it.
The quality of academies should not come into it either.
Here is a novel idea. Have a reserve league for Prem, Championship, League one and League two. No promotion or relegation each club plays in the appropriate league. It need not be compulsory. Those that cannot afford don't join.
An organised reserve structure is essential for a club like ours to progress and it cannot come soon enough for me. The current set up is very very poor.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

League 3? on 16:37 - May 8 with 1117 viewsUxbridge

A football club is only unsustainable if it's run as such.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

League 3? on 16:47 - May 8 with 1103 viewsPrivate_Partz

I don't agree about 92 clubs being too many. Our league structure is the envy of the world and decent crowds turn out at much lower levels than the Football League

The problem is the sheer greed of the Premiership and the crazy player wages associated with it. A fairer redistribution of wealth is needed.

It is a dilemma for me as I hate what the Prem stands for but I never want us to leave the top flight.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 17:01]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

League 3? on 16:49 - May 8 with 1101 viewsJackFish

This is a horrific idea and I hope it doesn't get approved. Reserve teams competing at the same level as senior sides just doesn't work. You only have to look at the interest levels shown in Germany or Holland to games involving the B teams to see that.
League 3? on 16:58 - May 8 with 1090 viewsreddythered

League 3? on 16:49 - May 8 by JackFish

This is a horrific idea and I hope it doesn't get approved. Reserve teams competing at the same level as senior sides just doesn't work. You only have to look at the interest levels shown in Germany or Holland to games involving the B teams to see that.

Yeah, it really, really doesn't work in Spain whatsoever.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

League 3? on 17:00 - May 8 with 1085 viewsreddythered

League 3? on 16:37 - May 8 by Uxbridge

A football club is only unsustainable if it's run as such.

Which is almost inevitable given the general lack of mobility of clubs. Will Orient, for example, ever get into the Prem? Or are they a club forced to battle hard for fans in a congested area?

We're both fairly lucky in that regards, in that we've no real competition.

League 3? on 17:10 - May 8 with 1064 viewsPhil_S

League 3? on 14:51 - May 8 by Uxbridge

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. It would kill lower league clubs.

For those thinking how we might benefit from this, just think how we'd have been hammered by it 10 years ago. We simply would not be at this level now.

And anyway, since when was the point of the football leagues purely to service the international team? International football is almost irrelevant now.

This and anyone that sees it any different is just plain wrong
League 3? on 17:11 - May 8 with 1062 viewsUxbridge

League 3? on 17:00 - May 8 by reddythered

Which is almost inevitable given the general lack of mobility of clubs. Will Orient, for example, ever get into the Prem? Or are they a club forced to battle hard for fans in a congested area?

We're both fairly lucky in that regards, in that we've no real competition.

It's only inevitable if you run your club in an irresponsible manner. There's absolutely no reason why a football club can't be run as a solvent business, as SCFC has proven over the last 10 years. The fact that so many eejits run clubs and think the best way to go is to pay wages far in excess of their ability to pay is not proof in itself that a football club can't break even at least.

The daft thing is that football clubs are a rare breed in the sense they know most of their income up front and should be able to budget accordingly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

League 3? on 17:35 - May 8 with 1018 viewsreddythered

League 3? on 17:11 - May 8 by Uxbridge

It's only inevitable if you run your club in an irresponsible manner. There's absolutely no reason why a football club can't be run as a solvent business, as SCFC has proven over the last 10 years. The fact that so many eejits run clubs and think the best way to go is to pay wages far in excess of their ability to pay is not proof in itself that a football club can't break even at least.

The daft thing is that football clubs are a rare breed in the sense they know most of their income up front and should be able to budget accordingly.

Well, I'd agree with that to an extent but football clubs seem to act in some form of wierd vacuum where they and especially fans want to believe they should operate contrary to usual business practises and avoid the consequences.

English Prem plus FL is 92 clubs. Do any nations across Europe, bigger nations, have such a number of professional clubs? I'd doubt it to be honest.

There are many clubs who have never progressed past what is now League One. There are plenty of clubs in congested areas who will never get anywhere due to not being able to gain and sustain a large fanbase due to bigger clubs being in the region. If horizontal mobility is thus limited for the most part by geographical reasons, there's never going to be any semblance of a level playing field.

League 3? on 17:49 - May 8 with 999 viewsdan_swansea

100% NO

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

League 3? on 17:56 - May 8 with 996 viewsJackfath

I wonder what players we would have in this?

I am glad we are at the top end of the football pyramid as this will see the ruin of some clubs.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

League 3? on 18:02 - May 8 with 989 viewsswans11

Don't agree with this at all it would make it almost impossible for clubs lower down get promoted past league one as b teams would always be at top of it but won't get promoted what would happen to the promotion spots would go next team down could end up with teams way down league being promoted
Also must be a league between a and b clubs so if team relegated from premium their b team would have be in lg2
League 3? on 18:05 - May 8 with 987 viewsDevz00

League 3? on 16:47 - May 8 by Private_Partz

I don't agree about 92 clubs being too many. Our league structure is the envy of the world and decent crowds turn out at much lower levels than the Football League

The problem is the sheer greed of the Premiership and the crazy player wages associated with it. A fairer redistribution of wealth is needed.

It is a dilemma for me as I hate what the Prem stands for but I never want us to leave the top flight.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 17:01]

Great post. Sums up my feelings exactly. This whole idea is just wrong.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

League 3? on 18:14 - May 8 with 979 viewsreddythered

League 3? on 18:02 - May 8 by swans11

Don't agree with this at all it would make it almost impossible for clubs lower down get promoted past league one as b teams would always be at top of it but won't get promoted what would happen to the promotion spots would go next team down could end up with teams way down league being promoted
Also must be a league between a and b clubs so if team relegated from premium their b team would have be in lg2

How many teams have NEVER been past League One? A fair few. Will they ever get past League One? Would be a miracle.

League 3? on 18:20 - May 8 with 972 viewsSimonSwansea

I'm guessing here, but am I correct in thinking the Spanish B teams are completely seperate from the A team (different contracts) so B team players can't play for the A team in the same season? The B teams can also then go as far as the segunda devision?

Maybe it could work in that scenario with English leagues, more or a feeder team in effect. Possibly wage caps based on what league they are in.

I'm not really for it though as I can imagine the top teams will use this to their advantage as a double revenue system.

Actually, the more I think of it, it's a bad bad idea.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 18:22]
League 3? on 18:37 - May 8 with 947 viewsC_jack

Really can't see this working. Don't they need to include the Football League in discussions? You can't just sandwich a league in the middle without their say.

This works in Spain and Germany because their leagues below the 2nd tier are near to semi pro. We are unique in that we have 4 levels that are fully professional, and even the next 2 are arguably semi pro.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

League 3? on 18:39 - May 8 with 944 viewsJackFish

The vast majority of reserve sides in Spain play in the third and fourth tiers which are regionalised and where the attendances are nowhere near the same levels in England. The only two sides in the second division are Real Madrid and Barcelona, one of them might go this season and the Spanish FA want to ban them from the Segunda as well. That's massively different to shoehorning in ten or more reserve teams to the middle of the pyramid creating an artificial bottleneck and effectively relegating every team below that by one division.

This crackpot idea is for the benefit of a few top clubs with no consideration for what the vast majority of FL and Conference clubs want.
League 3? on 18:40 - May 8 with 943 viewsDrizzy

If the massive clubs want B teams then they can sign up in their local amateur league and work their way up from there just like everybody else. I have to say this is a catastrophic decision that could kill the lifeblood of English football.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

League 3? on 18:58 - May 8 with 917 viewsGlyn1

League 3? on 14:34 - May 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it's a good idea. Spain and Germany have this system and they produce excellent players on a large scale.

Which it has done by completely killing off any interest in the Spanish and German lower divisions.

The average attendance to watch Bayern Munich B was 663 last seasin, which was lower than English teams get in the Conference.

This will rip Leagues 1and 2 to pieces.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

League 3? on 19:00 - May 8 with 913 viewsC_jack

On topic, the NFL draft is tonight.

I would love to see a similar approach in this country where the best young players are not farmed by academies, but play for designated clubs, they could then be drafted to perhaps Championship clubs at the end of the season.
[Post edited 8 May 2014 19:01]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024