Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben off to Spurs? 17:12 - Jun 1 with 5517 viewsJethroJack

Bugger off Pochettino!
Ben off to Spurs? on 21:14 - Jun 1 with 1624 viewsDyfnant

Ben off to Spurs? on 20:57 - Jun 1 by jaxman

I don't think we under valued joe allen?

Lallana at £25M suggests otherwise

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ben off to Spurs? on 21:39 - Jun 1 with 1591 viewsjacktar

Ben off to Spurs? on 20:37 - Jun 1 by Swanaldinho

Never has a good game but never has a bad game, not much of an attacking threat cant really cross or play a killer ball. Pretty solid defensively and an excellent player for us but not good enough for a progressive club like Spurs.

Its not going to happen.

I think Ben will stay with us his whole career and go on to be a club legend.

Can't agree with that on so many levels. He's certainly had good games and bad games for us last season. Goes forward at most opportunities and has proved a threat when cutting inside, with a shot or a pass. Crossing the ball is not the only way to set up an attack after all and I agree, that is not his strength. Pushing forward, he has on numerous occasions been left exposed defensively if we lose possession and has to track back. Overall though I agree he is an excellent player and still improving, in what is after all such a short time at the top level. As for him staying at Swansea for his whole career ......... hmm, that seldom happens to be honest and probably won't for Ben either.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ben off to Spurs? on 00:20 - Jun 2 with 1487 viewsJethroJack

Ben off to Spurs? on 20:02 - Jun 1 by jeza739

I'd keep Taylor before Davies every day, no brained in my eyes.

You probably meant to say.....no brain between my eyes.
Ben off to Spurs? on 00:28 - Jun 2 with 1469 viewsDrizzy

Ben off to Spurs? on 20:37 - Jun 1 by Swanaldinho

Never has a good game but never has a bad game, not much of an attacking threat cant really cross or play a killer ball. Pretty solid defensively and an excellent player for us but not good enough for a progressive club like Spurs.

Its not going to happen.

I think Ben will stay with us his whole career and go on to be a club legend.

I think you've got Ben confused with Neil Taylor, mate. Completely disagree with most of that.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ben off to Spurs? on 02:54 - Jun 2 with 1390 viewsdameedna

"we" were very excited at the time by all accounts..now I really regret letting JA go but he almost won a title so he made the right decision and supported Utd as a kid so is not perfect

Ben to Spurs? With a bigger better midfield and better CBs he will gave a field day. Would be a good move for him.
Ben off to Spurs? on 05:14 - Jun 2 with 1361 viewsZut_Alors

Given it's looking as though Vorm's off, the rumours surrounding Ash's departure, the uncertainty of the 2nd CB position next to Ash and the need to find an eventual replacement for Rangel, our defence could suffer with too many changes and so I can't see us allowing him to leave this transfer window.
Ben off to Spurs? on 06:54 - Jun 2 with 1306 viewsMillJack

Ben off to Spurs? on 21:03 - Jun 1 by shandyjack

quicker, stronger, better both defensively and offensively and is 2 yrs younger.

Again, quicker and stronger are debatable but I look forward to seeing the stats that prove Shaw is bettee both "offensively and defensively".
Ben off to Spurs? on 08:50 - Jun 2 with 1212 viewsJackSomething

I haven't seen enough of Shaw to compare him to Ben properly. Having said that, nothing I saw from him at the Liberty last season suggested he was worth much more than Ben, let alone double or triple. A few million for being a bit younger and of course the usual nonsense premium because he's English, but not a lot to do with talent levels.

Surprised at how some of our own fans don't rate Ben. Taylor a better player? Good grief.

Ben is constantly being tipped by football commentators as primed for a move to a bigger club and I've seen him identified as the most promising player at the Swans bar none. He'd thrive at Spurs in my opinion.

I hope Ben plays here for many years to come, but if he does go, I predict there will be many naysayers here eating their words.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Ben off to Spurs? on 08:53 - Jun 2 with 1207 viewsRuDeMan1970

So let me get this right...Pochettino as Southampton manager wanted Neil Taylor but Pochettino as Spurs manager wants Ben Davies. This presumably means that:-
(1) Spurs have greater spending power than Southampton (probable).
(2) Pochettino feels that Davies is a better left back than Taylor (very debatable).

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Ben off to Spurs? on 08:54 - Jun 2 with 1206 viewsDanielswan

Ben can go if the money is right, never rated him highly. I would rather have a fit Taylor.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Ben off to Spurs? on 08:57 - Jun 2 with 1190 viewsJackSomething

I think it's fair to say that Monk and Laudrup probably don't agree on a lot of things.

One thing they obviously both agree on (given their team selections) is that Ben is a better player than Taylor.

Everyone who thinks otherwise, you're wrong. According to Monk, Laudrup and me, the three most important people.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ben off to Spurs? on 09:11 - Jun 2 with 1167 viewsJethroJack

Ben off to Spurs? on 08:54 - Jun 2 by Danielswan

Ben can go if the money is right, never rated him highly. I would rather have a fit Taylor.

Please go and wash your mouth out with soapy water!
How dare you say that about a player who went to the same school as me, albeit Ben was there 5yrs ago and I was there many moons ago
Ben off to Spurs? on 10:30 - Jun 2 with 1081 viewsCatullus

Ben off to Spurs? on 20:06 - Jun 1 by dgt73

He is a good player and IMO spurs could be a backward step, not that I actually think he'll end up there, well not next season anyway.

Spurs a backward step, from us? You are on drugs.

And Pocchetino is very good at bringing young players through and getting the best out of them too.

Spurs would be a very good club for him, I reckon. And if he has it in him to be that much better, Spurs will find it and develop it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ben off to Spurs? on 10:51 - Jun 2 with 1062 viewstomdickharry

Our back 5 first game - Fabianski:Angel:Williams:Chico:Ben:
Ben off to Spurs? on 18:22 - Jun 2 with 901 viewsItchySphincter

Ben off to Spurs? on 08:54 - Jun 2 by Danielswan

Thing is Dansan, loads of our fans are thick. Not saying I agree with you 100% but Ben had his fair share of poor games and mad moments last year and many have forgotten just how good an in form and fit Taylor is. Maybe they're new money - the same one's that would rather have Gerry than Vorm between the sticks because he did his job and had a couple of good games here and there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ben off to Spurs? on 18:38 - Jun 2 with 854 viewsdgt73

Ben off to Spurs? on 21:03 - Jun 1 by shandyjack

quicker, stronger, better both defensively and offensively and is 2 yrs younger.

Has shaw scored yet in the PL, I don't think he has. Davies has twice

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Ben off to Spurs? on 19:18 - Jun 2 with 798 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Ben off to Spurs? on 18:38 - Jun 2 by dgt73

Has shaw scored yet in the PL, I don't think he has. Davies has twice

Even though Ben has scored a couple, I'd say Shaw is better offensively but I think Ben is better defensively.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024