Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HS2 - QPR petition 13:30 - Jun 11 with 1919 viewsElHoop

Dunno whether anyone has put this up before but I found it when googling for old oak common news. Looks as if we are seriously involved though.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cmhs2/petitions/0462.pdf
HS2 - QPR petition on 13:46 - Jun 11 with 1858 viewslondonscottish

Very interesting - our owners have big cojones.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

HS2 - QPR petition on 13:54 - Jun 11 with 1802 viewsKerryE

There is a lot of 'praying' in that petition - kind of 19th century/Dickensian language?

Why?
HS2 - QPR petition on 14:24 - Jun 11 with 1712 viewsTheBlob

HS2 - QPR petition on 13:54 - Jun 11 by KerryE

There is a lot of 'praying' in that petition - kind of 19th century/Dickensian language?

Why?

Are we going back to steam?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

HS2 - QPR petition on 14:55 - Jun 11 with 1637 viewsWokingR

Obviously written by Discodroid....
HS2 - QPR petition on 14:56 - Jun 11 with 1635 viewsMedwayR

So in summary it seems that we have a lot of concerns regarding the planned transport links at Old Oak Common, would like various parts of the infrastructure development to be brought forward which makes sense & also aligns with the local authorities stance on us building a stadium there, and it also seems that we (QPR & Stadium Capital Holdings Ltd) already own substantial plots of land at Old Oak Common.

Poll: Who’s better?

HS2 - QPR petition on 15:38 - Jun 11 with 1567 viewsqprnw10

Hs2 would be the icing on the cake, but i don't think it's a must. Willesden junction would be literally spitting distance from the stadium and Kensal Green station would only be a 10-15min walk.Compare that with some other London clubs and transport still ain't too bad for us.
HS2 - QPR petition on 16:01 - Jun 11 with 1523 viewsdanehoop

You start to get a feel for:
a. the ambition of the owners
b. the possible clout they may have
c. the importance attached to their plans oh having an HS2 link
d. serious deficiencies in current plans

Initially I thought a lot of this would be about getting preferential arrangements which might benefit the owners plans, but when you read into the detail the overwhelming majority of issues seems to be of benefit to wider community (e.g. cycle paths and walkways).

Wonder where our friends of Warren Farm are with this?

Never knowingly understood

HS2 - QPR petition on 18:16 - Jun 11 with 1368 viewsderbyhoop

Very detailed and carefully considered. I grew up inthat area and i couldn't recognise a lot of the issues. But it was a long time ago

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

HS2 - QPR petition on 18:24 - Jun 11 with 1351 viewsnadera78

All of the transport issues can be summed up in one sentence - making the 200 acre site as accessible as possible so that the 25,000 residential units are sold for the highest sum possible.

I get the impression they've added in the bits about Wormwood Scrubs because it keeps them onside with H&F Council and also combines with the other comments to present an image of a business that cares about the whole community.
HS2 - QPR petition on 18:41 - Jun 11 with 1325 viewswombat

HS2 - QPR petition on 18:24 - Jun 11 by nadera78

All of the transport issues can be summed up in one sentence - making the 200 acre site as accessible as possible so that the 25,000 residential units are sold for the highest sum possible.

I get the impression they've added in the bits about Wormwood Scrubs because it keeps them onside with H&F Council and also combines with the other comments to present an image of a business that cares about the whole community.

Prob in the minority but hope HS2 never happens in my lifetime , biggest waste if money this country has ever been involved in spending , on the back Of that it will of course scupper our plans for a new site on the proposed development as it seems to be dependent on the link being build at old oak but so be it

Poll: which is your favouite foot

HS2 - QPR petition on 18:47 - Jun 11 with 1313 viewsbarbicanranger

Not great with legal stuff, but this reads to me like QPR and Stadium Holdings Co own land around this proposed site and wish to develop it in to a stadium. The government has come along and proposed the H2, which will run through this land and thus potentially scupper the plans of the the club, hence the petition. Is that right? Or is this simply a petition to seek modifications and expedition of the plans put forward?
HS2 - QPR petition on 19:07 - Jun 11 with 1282 viewsCanadaRanger

I am not a big fan of HS2. Given the cuts that have happened and are continuing, and the present status of the economy, and uncertainty regarding the economic impact an independent Scotland would have, and concerns from residents of my county of birth (Bucks), I would rather see the HS2 plans mothballed for 20 years.

However... I have visited conference centres in North America where the light rail line goes right into the buildings. Not sure how far the station is in Birmingham from the National Convention Centre, but similar idea. Having a rail link into QPR's stadium / commercial complex would be huge. There are, of course, somewhat more stressed security issues in the UK than in Canada which may require some separation of rail link and tall buildings.
HS2 - QPR petition on 19:52 - Jun 11 with 1208 viewsnadera78

HS2 - QPR petition on 18:41 - Jun 11 by wombat

Prob in the minority but hope HS2 never happens in my lifetime , biggest waste if money this country has ever been involved in spending , on the back Of that it will of course scupper our plans for a new site on the proposed development as it seems to be dependent on the link being build at old oak but so be it

Not alone at all. It's a criminal waste of cash, based on a flawed model and using incorrect data. In fact, it's actually an outdated concept - there's simply no need for face to face meetings except in exceptional circumstances. If businesses in New York and London can communicate over the internet I'm sure London to Birmingham isn't a problem.

We could spend a fraction of that 50Billion on greater broadband connections and pocket the rest. Or, if we're really bold, build four nuclear power stations which would give us control over our own energy supply for the first time in living memory and put a stop to Russian posturing.

But there are too many people set to make money out of this development and too many politicians who like the idea of leaving a legacy.
HS2 - QPR petition on 20:04 - Jun 11 with 1170 viewsRoundhayRanger

Spot on. Just imagine what the internet will do for business in another 10 years, or whenever this great white elephant is finally built.
HS2 - QPR petition on 20:11 - Jun 11 with 1153 viewsdanehoop

HS2 - QPR petition on 18:47 - Jun 11 by barbicanranger

Not great with legal stuff, but this reads to me like QPR and Stadium Holdings Co own land around this proposed site and wish to develop it in to a stadium. The government has come along and proposed the H2, which will run through this land and thus potentially scupper the plans of the the club, hence the petition. Is that right? Or is this simply a petition to seek modifications and expedition of the plans put forward?

I read it as modifications to known plans. The stadium strategy is I think based around gaining most advantage from the development around HS2. If they can achieve that then practicality of the investment increases and so does the potential value.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024