Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 21:57 - Jul 9 with 14614 viewsDaggyjack

According to Skybet, the odds on Liverpool signing Wilf have shortened today from 6/1 to Evens.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

With the money they will have from Suarez, £30 million+ only I'd say.

Also reporting £5 million + offer made for Troy Deeney.... surely not.
Bony on 22:59 - Jul 10 with 1919 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bony on 22:57 - Jul 10 by NeathJack

In an unexpected turn of events, you would be wrong.

Just for purposes of clarity, please name "the usual".

"the usual" would be the large majority of this forum who defend and justify every thing the board does and are horrified if somebody dares question them.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bony on 23:02 - Jul 10 with 1913 viewsNeathJack

Bony on 22:59 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"the usual" would be the large majority of this forum who defend and justify every thing the board does and are horrified if somebody dares question them.

Did you misunderstand when I said "please name"?

To save your next post of "there are too many to name blah blah blah"

Give me 5 posters who fit that criteria. Shouldn't be too hard if there are as many as you suggest.
Bony on 23:05 - Jul 10 with 1890 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bony on 23:02 - Jul 10 by NeathJack

Did you misunderstand when I said "please name"?

To save your next post of "there are too many to name blah blah blah"

Give me 5 posters who fit that criteria. Shouldn't be too hard if there are as many as you suggest.

I'm not going to single out individual posters and talk behind their backs. That is rude.

Bony on 23:06 - Jul 10 with 1882 viewsNeathJack

Bony on 23:05 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not going to single out individual posters and talk behind their backs. That is rude.

Bony on 23:30 - Jul 10 with 1819 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 19:02 - Jul 10 by Jokeren1943

Personal I do not think his style of play, fits most top clubs.

He is slow like a turtle, his technic is average (below average). Every topclub have the best passing players in the league and often play in a higher pace.

When said he is a fuccking goalmaschine.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 19:02]

You are describing Gomis.

Your opinions on football are welcome but sometimes offering up an opinion on something you know nothing about makes you look a fool. Bony is a top, top player, his first touch sometimes goes astray but nobody's perfect and in general he has superb technique and is no slouch though is game is more about speed of thought and power rather than physical speed.

One of the best players ever to pull on a Swans shirt, and don't bother harking back to Alchurch or Charles or god knows how many other previous players that get mentioned yet at least the last two generations never came close to seeing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony on 23:35 - Jul 10 with 1776 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 22:59 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I am one of those who wants to see the current board continue to run the club as they see fit and I do not understand the constant questioning of their skills or integrity but that said, if Bony does not have a release clause and we sell him for 19M somebody should be accountable.

Bony on 23:43 - Jul 10 with 1751 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 23:35 - Jul 10 by ItchySphincter

I am one of those who wants to see the current board continue to run the club as they see fit and I do not understand the constant questioning of their skills or integrity but that said, if Bony does not have a release clause and we sell him for 19M somebody should be accountable.

As another who would probably fall into Dwight's 'usual suspects' list, I will say now that I do not believe that we will sell Bony for £19m and if we did I would be very angry about it as I believe that would be grossly underselling him in this market.

By the way - I believe that a member of the board, some weeks ago tweeted that there was no such release clause - I can't remember whether it was Leigh Dineen or Huw Cooze but I think it was one of them.
Bony on 23:46 - Jul 10 with 1741 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bony on 23:43 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

As another who would probably fall into Dwight's 'usual suspects' list, I will say now that I do not believe that we will sell Bony for £19m and if we did I would be very angry about it as I believe that would be grossly underselling him in this market.

By the way - I believe that a member of the board, some weeks ago tweeted that there was no such release clause - I can't remember whether it was Leigh Dineen or Huw Cooze but I think it was one of them.

I also find it difficult to believe we'd sell Bony for such a ridiculous fee.

Our history in the Premier League regarding what fee we receive for our players is not on the same, brilliant level of the likes of Southampton but our board have done a reasonable job of obtaining fair fee's.

I believe they'd hold out for £25m at the absolute minimum unless an urgent flow of cash was needed which seems unlikely.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 23:52 - Jul 10 with 1716 viewsJokeren1943

Bony on 23:30 - Jul 10 by ItchySphincter

You are describing Gomis.

Your opinions on football are welcome but sometimes offering up an opinion on something you know nothing about makes you look a fool. Bony is a top, top player, his first touch sometimes goes astray but nobody's perfect and in general he has superb technique and is no slouch though is game is more about speed of thought and power rather than physical speed.

One of the best players ever to pull on a Swans shirt, and don't bother harking back to Alchurch or Charles or god knows how many other previous players that get mentioned yet at least the last two generations never came close to seeing.

Why do some people tend to think talking about players (weakness) is the same as you don't like them as persons. No point in having a football debate if people are reduced to just "good" or "bad"

Bony is not a fast player. Every time he takes a run against lets say Routledge he will lose. No matter how much Bony try to save his energy during a game. He will lose.

Bony has by the genpol sacrifcied speed for strengh/power instead (proberly the strongest centerforward in the Premier League). So Bony's outstanding ability (strengh - keeping the opponnent away/shooting like a donkey) is of the price of speed.

Routledge has a good technic, so do Pablo. Bonys technic is average - nothing more. But Bony got that X-factor and killer instinct which make a outstanding striker. Lot of strikers have poor technic - but do not really matter, as long as they score goals. Bony is a goalscorer, and a really good one - something neither Pablo or Routledge are, despite of their superior technic.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 23:58]
Bony on 00:05 - Jul 11 with 1682 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 23:46 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Our history in the Premier League regarding what fee we receive for our players is not on the same, brilliant level of the likes of Southampton but our board have done a reasonable job of obtaining fair fee's.

I believe they'd hold out for £25m at the absolute minimum unless an urgent flow of cash was needed which seems unlikely.

Southampton have done well on prices this summer, although I can only imagine the carnage on here if we had done what they have done.

The constant rumour is wearing, but it is interesting to note that the local press in Liverpool (I think his name is Pearce of the Echo) have said that there is no truth in it.

Each week, the national press (and everyone has to understand that they generally support the London clubs, or one of the big North West teams) just makes up this crap. They were adamant that Williams was going, then that Ben Davies had definitely signed for Spurs last week. They are now determined to constantly publish that Bony has a clause of £19m (which as I said the Board said was not true).

Unfortunately we just have to put up with it, although it makes it even more tiresome when every time some prat on twitter posts an unsubstantiated rumour, which the nature of football gossip on twitter ensures is reposted hundreds of times, gets repeated as though it is fact. Just because the same crap is repeated and repeated doesn't change the fact that it is crap.
Bony on 00:11 - Jul 11 with 1663 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 23:52 - Jul 10 by Jokeren1943

Why do some people tend to think talking about players (weakness) is the same as you don't like them as persons. No point in having a football debate if people are reduced to just "good" or "bad"

Bony is not a fast player. Every time he takes a run against lets say Routledge he will lose. No matter how much Bony try to save his energy during a game. He will lose.

Bony has by the genpol sacrifcied speed for strengh/power instead (proberly the strongest centerforward in the Premier League). So Bony's outstanding ability (strengh - keeping the opponnent away/shooting like a donkey) is of the price of speed.

Routledge has a good technic, so do Pablo. Bonys technic is average - nothing more. But Bony got that X-factor and killer instinct which make a outstanding striker. Lot of strikers have poor technic - but do not really matter, as long as they score goals. Bony is a goalscorer, and a really good one - something neither Pablo or Routledge are, despite of their superior technic.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 23:58]

Sorry, you are wrong and comparing Bony to Routledge is like comparing apples and oranges. Pointless, get back to me when you've seen us play.

Bony on 00:14 - Jul 11 with 1651 viewsshandyjack

Bony does not have a poor technique though, you don't score 50+ goals in two seasons if you have poor technique

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bony on 00:15 - Jul 11 with 1652 viewsJokeren1943

Bony on 00:11 - Jul 11 by ItchySphincter

Sorry, you are wrong and comparing Bony to Routledge is like comparing apples and oranges. Pointless, get back to me when you've seen us play.

Speed is speed mate.

No point in using warp speed. Leave Star Trek on Betamax kid.

[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 0:16]
Bony on 00:16 - Jul 11 with 1643 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 23:46 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We see the same thing from different angles.

Besides Joe Allen who we got a tidy fee for who have we under sold to our PL rivals?

We've done better trade in managers than we have players because our board has actually done a very good job of hanging on to our best players. From one perspective Southampton have done well this summer, from another they've been obliterated because of their need to get cash flowing back to the owner.

I'd rather be us than Southampton.

Bony on 00:20 - Jul 11 with 1626 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bony on 00:16 - Jul 11 by ItchySphincter

We see the same thing from different angles.

Besides Joe Allen who we got a tidy fee for who have we under sold to our PL rivals?

We've done better trade in managers than we have players because our board has actually done a very good job of hanging on to our best players. From one perspective Southampton have done well this summer, from another they've been obliterated because of their need to get cash flowing back to the owner.

I'd rather be us than Southampton.

£5-6m for Graham was fair.

£15m for Joe was fair.

£6-7m for Sinclair was fair.

None were spectacular but none were sold for a fee I'd be unhappy with.

Where as I find it baffling we were unable to unload the likes of Lita, Donnelly, Cornell etc months if not years ago.

Bony on 00:24 - Jul 11 with 1619 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 00:15 - Jul 11 by Jokeren1943

Speed is speed mate.

No point in using warp speed. Leave Star Trek on Betamax kid.

[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 0:16]

Still wrong. Bony's technique is good and you would know this if you'd seen us play. He is not noticeably slow either. Better luck patronising me next time, you'll still be wrong though.

Bony on 00:43 - Jul 11 with 1587 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bony has phenomenal technique.

Off the top of my head;

1) His standing jump and swivel of his neck enabled him to generate sufficient power for the late winner at Old Trafford

2) He strikes the ball with technique so that the ball stays low and hard - you rarely - if ever - see him blast one over the bar

3) The way he opens his body up for first time powerful finishes is sensational (Valencia, Man Utd at home etc)

4) Penalties are all about technique. He side foots them with immense power into the corner each time

Just because he doesn't do 10 pointless step overs he receives the ball (Routledge) or he doesn't kick the ball 10 yards infront of him and chase after it (Dyer) it doesn't mean he lacks technique. Some people are oblivious to the truth.

Bony on 06:13 - Jul 11 with 1475 viewsJethroJack

Bony on 00:43 - Jul 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Bony has phenomenal technique.

Off the top of my head;

1) His standing jump and swivel of his neck enabled him to generate sufficient power for the late winner at Old Trafford

2) He strikes the ball with technique so that the ball stays low and hard - you rarely - if ever - see him blast one over the bar

3) The way he opens his body up for first time powerful finishes is sensational (Valencia, Man Utd at home etc)

4) Penalties are all about technique. He side foots them with immense power into the corner each time

Just because he doesn't do 10 pointless step overs he receives the ball (Routledge) or he doesn't kick the ball 10 yards infront of him and chase after it (Dyer) it doesn't mean he lacks technique. Some people are oblivious to the truth.

Wrong again Dwight....that's what happens when you say stuff "off the top of your head".

Bony's late headed goal wasn't from one of his standing jumps, on that occasion he arrived late with brilliant timing and nutted it in with his forehead.......good job it wasn't "off the top of HIS head", eh?!?

You're just giving Wilf a back-handed compliment in order to have a pop at Routs & Nath.

It's what you do
Bony on 06:14 - Jul 11 with 1474 views1jack

Bony on 22:55 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If we did sell for £19m I'm sure the usual would backtrack and defend the decision, claiming the board had done a wonderful job to get that much.

I hope we hold out for £25m.

I back the board but I'd be right pi55ed off if we sold him for that much.
Bony on 06:15 - Jul 11 with 1472 views1jack

Bony on 00:05 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

Southampton have done well on prices this summer, although I can only imagine the carnage on here if we had done what they have done.

The constant rumour is wearing, but it is interesting to note that the local press in Liverpool (I think his name is Pearce of the Echo) have said that there is no truth in it.

Each week, the national press (and everyone has to understand that they generally support the London clubs, or one of the big North West teams) just makes up this crap. They were adamant that Williams was going, then that Ben Davies had definitely signed for Spurs last week. They are now determined to constantly publish that Bony has a clause of £19m (which as I said the Board said was not true).

Unfortunately we just have to put up with it, although it makes it even more tiresome when every time some prat on twitter posts an unsubstantiated rumour, which the nature of football gossip on twitter ensures is reposted hundreds of times, gets repeated as though it is fact. Just because the same crap is repeated and repeated doesn't change the fact that it is crap.

Good post.
Bony on 09:42 - Jul 11 with 1330 viewsClinton

Well said.
The press and agents make these stories up year-in, year-out. Some on here then swallow them hook line and sinker and start debating the price or "value" of the player. Pointless.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bony on 10:12 - Jul 11 with 1262 viewsRuDeMan1970

Another top quality post londonlisa2001. Please contribute more often as it is such a refreshing change to read the comments of someone who talks sense but also stays on track of the thread! I am sick to death of Dwight Yorke Superstar infesting virtually every thread with his / her (I'm still none the wiser) negative, anti-SCFC comments and the resulting arguments which follow. Cheers!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Bony on 11:02 - Jul 11 with 1122 viewsBig_Unit

Sky Sports Transfer Centre this morning: "We are hearing Liverpool are in advanced talks with Swansea over a move for striker Wilfried Bony. Liverpool have targeted a move for Bony as they prepare to lose Luis Suarez and the Ivory Coast international is thought to be keen on a move to Anfield. Bony's agent is believed to be in talks with Liverpool officials as they aim to close a deal for the player."

If this happens, it moves me firmly from believing it'll be a good summer to having major concerns for next season. Even at £30 million.
Bony on 11:18 - Jul 11 with 1052 viewsJACKARSE

Bony on 11:02 - Jul 11 by Big_Unit

Sky Sports Transfer Centre this morning: "We are hearing Liverpool are in advanced talks with Swansea over a move for striker Wilfried Bony. Liverpool have targeted a move for Bony as they prepare to lose Luis Suarez and the Ivory Coast international is thought to be keen on a move to Anfield. Bony's agent is believed to be in talks with Liverpool officials as they aim to close a deal for the player."

If this happens, it moves me firmly from believing it'll be a good summer to having major concerns for next season. Even at £30 million.

Yes I don't think we should sell at all this season, we need at least 3 strikers this season, Gomis, Bony plus one other IMO.

I would be concerned for next season if we did sell I don't think it would do morale any good, fans and players alike.

We need to add quality not sell it.
Bony on 11:19 - Jul 11 with 1051 viewsorion3016

Bony on 11:02 - Jul 11 by Big_Unit

I get the impression there's some serious mileage in this story. Brendan will be keen to spend all the Suarez money quickly and he lost out on Sanchez
I just wish it was 1st September and window was closed as unfortunately our better players will always be hunted by the bigger clubs

Be over there now after

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024