Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 21:57 - Jul 9 with 14613 viewsDaggyjack

According to Skybet, the odds on Liverpool signing Wilf have shortened today from 6/1 to Evens.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

With the money they will have from Suarez, £30 million+ only I'd say.

Also reporting £5 million + offer made for Troy Deeney.... surely not.
Bony on 11:34 - Jul 11 with 2022 viewsAl_Bundy

Losing Bony , Michu and Pablo and to some extent Ben Davies will seriously impact our stability and continuity from last season. We need to hold on to Bony for one more season to help the transition. Our squad as its stands looks a bit thread bare without further departures.
Bony on 11:43 - Jul 11 with 1968 viewsBig_Unit

Bony on 11:34 - Jul 11 by Al_Bundy

Losing Bony , Michu and Pablo and to some extent Ben Davies will seriously impact our stability and continuity from last season. We need to hold on to Bony for one more season to help the transition. Our squad as its stands looks a bit thread bare without further departures.

Agreed. On form at least 3 of those 4 will be nailed on to start and we'll struggle to bring in the same quality to replace them. We need a smaller squad than last season as we have no European football but we need to be losing the fringe players (Canas, Pozuelo, Ki) not first team players.

Keep Bony, add De Guzman and Gylfi and I'd be OK with Pablo and Michu moving on. Losing those two without agreements in place for reinforcements leaves me concerned, even without losing our main source of goals
Bony on 11:50 - Jul 11 with 1920 viewsC_jack

Let's not pretend Bony is an all round genius of the game. His first touch at times is horrendous, and he struggles to hold on to the ball. Playing with his back to goal is not the type of player he is.

He more than makes up for it in areas that are his strengths though, like being beastly as f**k and importantly, putting the ball in the onion bag.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Bony on 11:55 - Jul 11 with 1879 viewsJACKARSE

Liverpool slammed by Huw Jenkins for moving for Wilfried Bony without permission as Reds look to trigger £19m release clause

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2688688/Huw-Jenkins-slams-Live
Bony on 11:55 - Jul 11 with 1878 viewsJackSomething

Bony on 11:50 - Jul 11 by C_jack

Let's not pretend Bony is an all round genius of the game. His first touch at times is horrendous, and he struggles to hold on to the ball. Playing with his back to goal is not the type of player he is.

He more than makes up for it in areas that are his strengths though, like being beastly as f**k and importantly, putting the ball in the onion bag.

Who said he was? He is a 25 goals in a season striker and they don't exactly grow on trees.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony on 12:07 - Jul 11 with 1788 viewslondonlisa2001

I think it is interesting that while Sky Sports have induced a twitter frenzy, the local press both here and in Liverpool are saying that it is not true.

Both are saying that Bony may be of interest, but would be someway down Liverpool's target list.

I love Bony, but imagine being a Liverpool fan & finding out you were selling Suarez for £75m and replacing him with Bony. It's the equivalent of us selling Bony for £25m and replacing him with Troy Deeney. I can't see that happening - unless Liverpool drastically change their style of play, Bony just wouldn't really work in their team. They would be better with Lukaku (and incidentally, if we did sell Bony, Lukaku would be a great option to replace).
Bony on 12:09 - Jul 11 with 1770 viewsQuakerJack

Bony on 11:55 - Jul 11 by JACKARSE

Liverpool slammed by Huw Jenkins for moving for Wilfried Bony without permission as Reds look to trigger £19m release clause

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2688688/Huw-Jenkins-slams-Live

That slimey snake Brendan, clearly there must be something in this given Huws been quoted. They should be reported to the FA immediately.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Bony on 12:11 - Jul 11 with 1754 viewsTom1912

The fact that Huw has commented suggests to me Liverpool have been in contact with Bony's people. Setting our stall out early.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 12:17 - Jul 11 with 1709 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 12:11 - Jul 11 by Tom1912

The fact that Huw has commented suggests to me Liverpool have been in contact with Bony's people. Setting our stall out early.

Again it could easily be a question such as 'so Huw, what would you say if these reports are true?' to which Huw answers - 'they are not true, but if something like that was to happen then I'd be surprised and disappointed....etc etc'

they then just take the quote from part way through.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they spoke with his agent first - he's already said that they spoke with Roma - didn't mean that it will happen since if they can't agree a deal with us, then Bony is on 3 year contract and can't go whatever he thinks.
Bony on 12:23 - Jul 11 with 1670 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 12:11 - Jul 11 by Tom1912

The fact that Huw has commented on the story and not denied the oft repeated rumours of a release clause doesn't help quieten the speculation.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 12:25 - Jul 11 with 1652 viewsQuakerJack

Bony on 12:17 - Jul 11 by londonlisa2001

Again it could easily be a question such as 'so Huw, what would you say if these reports are true?' to which Huw answers - 'they are not true, but if something like that was to happen then I'd be surprised and disappointed....etc etc'

they then just take the quote from part way through.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they spoke with his agent first - he's already said that they spoke with Roma - didn't mean that it will happen since if they can't agree a deal with us, then Bony is on 3 year contract and can't go whatever he thinks.

Unless there's a release clause of course.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Bony on 12:25 - Jul 11 with 1645 viewsperchrockjack

We don't need to sell and shouldn't IMO.
if we do Im assuming GM has a contingency plan .

I think he has and we have to simply hope/trust he knows what he wants

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony on 12:28 - Jul 11 with 1620 viewsJACKARSE

Bony on 12:25 - Jul 11 by QuakerJack

Apparently there isn't one .... beginning to doubt that now.......

As I posted on another thread.

I would play hardball, he is on contract and is needed for this season. If he wants to go then tell him next summer he can to a champions league club but in the meantime he needs to work his butt off and pay him a bonus if he scores over 20 PL goals. Last time around Suarez wanted out and Brenda told him he had to stay for a season and if they didn't get CL then he could go. The team comes first and he is on a good contract.
Bony on 12:29 - Jul 11 with 1614 viewsLeonisGod

Bony on 12:09 - Jul 11 by QuakerJack

That slimey snake Brendan, clearly there must be something in this given Huws been quoted. They should be reported to the FA immediately.

But then the Daily Fail says that Bony wants to leave. Which we know from Bony and his agent to be a load of b0llox. So it's probably all a load of b0llox.
Bony on 12:30 - Jul 11 with 1600 viewsDr_Winston

Bony on 12:29 - Jul 11 by LeonisGod

But then the Daily Fail says that Bony wants to leave. Which we know from Bony and his agent to be a load of b0llox. So it's probably all a load of b0llox.

We know what Bony and his agent have told the club. What other people have been told might be something very different.

Long experience should have taught us that footballers, managers, agents and the truth don't often go hand in hand.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 12:31 - Jul 11 with 1593 viewsNeath_Jack

If anyone thinks that agents of contracted players don't talk to other clubs regarding availability, willingness to move etc. then they are being very naive i'm afraid.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony on 12:39 - Jul 11 with 1534 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony on 12:25 - Jul 11 by QuakerJack

well as I said before, either Leigh Dineen or Huw Cooze said a few weeks ago on twitter that there wasn't a £19m release clause. Doesn't mean that there isn't a clause at all, but it doesn't seem to be £19m

By the way - the same interview with Huw Jenkins is now in the Post and it reads differently - it was obviously an interview with a few journos and the Mail is unsurprisingly twisting it.

I suspect that this is a warning shot over the bows of Liverpool in case they get interested.
Bony on 12:40 - Jul 11 with 1525 viewsZut_Alors

Bony on 12:31 - Jul 11 by Neath_Jack

If anyone thinks that agents of contracted players don't talk to other clubs regarding availability, willingness to move etc. then they are being very naive i'm afraid.

I know, right. It's almost laughable to think that they don't.
Bony on 13:09 - Jul 11 with 1358 viewsUxbridge

Bony on 12:40 - Jul 11 by Zut_Alors

I know, right. It's almost laughable to think that they don't.

I'm sure we don't engage in any such practice. Absolutely not.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony on 14:02 - Jul 13 with 929 viewspencoedjack

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/index.php?/topic/17689-wilfred-bony-cf-swansea/

Sousers seem underwhelmed with 'our Wilf'
Bony on 15:33 - Jul 13 with 846 viewsJackSomething

Bony on 14:02 - Jul 13 by pencoedjack

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/index.php?/topic/17689-wilfred-bony-cf-swansea/

Sousers seem underwhelmed with 'our Wilf'

How unsurprising. Obviously forgotten the three goals we put past them at Anfield and how Bony gave their centre-halves fits. They'd obviously prefer someone like Benzema, who's panting to leave the European champions to play with the likes of Henderson and Glen Johnson.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024