Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posts 09:26 - Jul 15 with 2061 viewsJohnw102

Don't often moan here, but will this once. So many posts here start as reasonable discussions about football, tickets, team etc then after a few posts they degenerate into a slanging match between certain people here and the thread gets led astray and meaningless. Other Forum members do not want to be subjected to others 'petty' squabbles. So come on cut it out and grow up. If they can't why will the Mods not consider banning for a couple of days, increasing for further "offences" Hope this does not upset people but I am getting pi**ed off with it.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Posts on 09:33 - Jul 15 with 1335 viewspansypants

Welcome to Planet Swans!!!!

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Posts on 09:57 - Jul 15 with 1306 viewsHighjack

This thread has upset me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Posts on 10:02 - Jul 15 with 1298 viewsJackSomething

Posts on 09:57 - Jul 15 by Highjack

This thread has upset me.

Oh no it hasn't.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Posts on 10:04 - Jul 15 with 1286 viewsHighjack

Don't make me squabble with you in a petty manner.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Posts on 10:05 - Jul 15 with 1286 viewsperchrockjack

I hope nobody is suggesting Jacksummat and I abuse each other in any way.
I can take it any time .
Pas Rancour

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Posts on 10:29 - Jul 15 with 1262 viewsCatullus

Welcome to our world!!

For what it's worth, I agree with you. But I don't see it stopping. The advantage of anonymity allows people to behave disgracefully.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Posts on 10:32 - Jul 15 with 1253 viewsperchrockjack

I was gonna say me ma like Jim REEVES but I checked what was posted before making a tatat of meslef like

Posts on 10:34 - Jul 15 with 1250 viewsepaul

Posts on 10:29 - Jul 15 by Catullus

Welcome to our world!!

For what it's worth, I agree with you. But I don't see it stopping. The advantage of anonymity allows people to behave disgracefully.

Always surprised that people need to hide behind anonimity, doesnt bother me tbh, enough people know me and who I am even some on here, I've never tried hiding behind a persona can't see the point! What someone may think of me doesnt bother me in the least, makes no difference to my life

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Posts on 10:35 - Jul 15 with 1244 viewsHighjack

Posts on 10:29 - Jul 15 by Catullus

Welcome to our world!!

Or could it be that people take this tiny portion of the internet far too seriously. It's just a forum for fat, sweaty, middle aged blokes to vent and have a bit of banter about a sport which is in the grand scheme of life is unimportant and irrelevant. If you want serious football discussion about tactics, systems and statistics then pop down Matt the Jacks house on a Saturday night.

Posts on 10:37 - Jul 15 with 1232 viewsJackSomething

Posts on 10:35 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Or could it be that people take this tiny portion of the internet far too seriously. It's just a forum for fat, sweaty, middle aged blokes to vent and have a bit of banter about a sport which is in the grand scheme of life is unimportant and irrelevant. If you want serious football discussion about tactics, systems and statistics then pop down Matt the Jacks house on a Saturday night.

Hey! I take offense at that description.

I am at least 2 years from middle age.

Matt is a very serious young man though.

Posts on 10:39 - Jul 15 with 1219 viewsperchrockjack

Paul.,its also because you are at peace with yourself with many are not.
SAD that people have to hide and sadder when whom they are are disclosed on here .

you can be whatever you want to be on here.

My readers prefer the scalextric drama queen dickhead that I portray. Its not always easy t be thick

Posts on 10:40 - Jul 15 with 1218 viewsWolfie

Couldn't agree more with the OP.

I'm a regular reader but hardly post because more often than not it gets lost in all the nonsense.

The whole Jackfath debacle over the last week or so has been a perfect example of the kind of thing that has no place on a football message board.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Posts on 10:43 - Jul 15 with 1205 viewsJackSomething

Posts on 10:39 - Jul 15 by perchrockjack

Paul.,its also because you are at peace with yourself with many are not.
SAD that people have to hide and sadder when whom they are are disclosed on here .

you can be whatever you want to be on here.

My readers prefer the scalextric drama queen dickhead that I portray. Its not always easy t be thick

I personally like chilled-out summer Perch. There is far less RANCOUR between us at this time of year.

Posts on 10:45 - Jul 15 with 1200 viewsperchrockjack

Facts change and I change my opinions.

Anyway...

Posts on 10:46 - Jul 15 with 1197 viewsLohengrin

Posts on 10:04 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Don't make me squabble with you in a petty manner.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Posts on 10:46 - Jul 15 with 1196 viewsDarran

Posts on 10:40 - Jul 15 by Wolfie

I'm a regular reader but hardly post because more often than not it gets lost in all the nonsense.

The whole Jackfath debacle over the last week or so has been a perfect example of the kind of thing that has no place on a football message board.

Yeah but none of the Jackfath threads were on the Football Board so I'm not understanding that point.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Posts on 10:47 - Jul 15 with 1191 viewsJackSomething

Posts on 10:40 - Jul 15 by Wolfie

I've joined in on the silliness in this thread, but you and the OP do have a fair point.

Unfortunately we've got people who like to post wind-ups and those who like responding or can't resist taking the bait. It does tend to spoil threads at times.

Posts on 10:50 - Jul 15 with 1181 viewsperchrockjack

Ive been guilty of wind up threads, sensible ones, angry ones, provocative ones and well written ones and some that came from my alter ego.

Its possible to make up though-normally

Posts on 10:52 - Jul 15 with 1176 viewsDarran

Posts on 10:47 - Jul 15 by JackSomething

I've joined in on the silliness in this thread, but you and the OP do have a fair point.

Unfortunately we've got people who like to post wind-ups and those who like responding or can't resist taking the bait. It does tend to spoil threads at times.

It's the people that can't resist in my opinion.

Posts on 10:55 - Jul 15 with 1172 viewsCatullus

Posts on 10:35 - Jul 15 by Highjack

Well I'm definitely middle aged, but not fat or sweaty!!

And if some people want to have a serious debate, why should that be ruined?
If people want to fight, to take the p*$$ then fine, but do it with like minded people and leave a more serious thread alone.

It's not that difficult. Likewise, if you are not interested in a topic, or find it boring, look somewhere else.

Why should those of us who want a more serious debate have that ruined by mindless, boring, tw&ts? When you are down the pub, you don't interject into another group and their discussion if you're not interested so why do it here?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Posts on 10:58 - Jul 15 with 1167 viewsJackSomething

Posts on 10:52 - Jul 15 by Darran

It's the people that can't resist in my opinion.

Well you could argue that you if take out the wind-up merchants, there would be nothing for the people that can't resist to respond to, but I take your point.

Posts on 10:59 - Jul 15 with 1160 viewsDarran

Posts on 10:58 - Jul 15 by JackSomething

Well you could argue that you if take out the wind-up merchants, there would be nothing for the people that can't resist to respond to, but I take your point.

Well yes spot on but it staggers me to see the replies Dwight gets.

Posts on 11:00 - Jul 15 with 1156 viewsHighjack

Perhaps we should label which threads are serious, maybe put up a sign that says "No riff raff please."

Phil can you sort this into your algorithims please?

Posts on 11:05 - Jul 15 with 1141 viewsWolfie

Posts on 10:46 - Jul 15 by Darran

Yeah but none of the Jackfath threads were on the Football Board so I'm not understanding that point.

I have my settings to see all message boards at one time.

If you don't understand my point then I thinnk you're being deliberately obtuse.

The Jackfath threads had no place on any of these boards. A playgound would be more appropriate setting in my opinion. Call yourself grown men?

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Posts on 11:05 - Jul 15 with 1140 viewsJackSomething

Posts on 10:59 - Jul 15 by Darran

Well yes spot on but it staggers me to see the replies Dwight gets.

He's upped his game recently, but how many of his replies are just Jethro and the usual suspects?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024