Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Albert HALL 11:21 - Jul 31 with 10301 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea s that is.
Just seen facebook photo of the state its in now.

Quite how and why are things in Swansea allowed to get this bad.

Its truly upsetting to see.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Albert HALL on 10:47 - Aug 2 with 1230 viewsDr_Winston

The Albert HALL on 14:40 - Aug 1 by JackSomething

Yeah, there's been no investment made in Swansea in recent years, nothing at all has changed...

Even if a visitor chose to take a limited view by only going as far as High Street, they'd have to be blind to miss the work done on the Station and the Grand Hotel, then the pretty massive High Street Urban Regeneration project.

It would be fair to ask whether things that have been done were the right choice, or why we haven't had more investment, but claiming nothing has been done is clearly wrong. There's none so blind as they that won't see and all that.

High St is still a sh*thole mind.

If they spread out the likes of the probation service, jobcentre, bail hostel, BAYS, Working Links and co rather than have them concentrated into a small area right next to a notorious development of council properties you might get more people willing to spend time up there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Albert HALL on 10:48 - Aug 2 with 1230 viewsperchrockjack

morning Bryn .Yes it has and another northern industrial powerhouse rises phoenix like .The Piccadilly Bombings were ironically the start of it all.
Oldham , although in GREATER Manchester is a sizeable separate town as is Rochdale,Bury and all old football clubs of yore.

Old

The Albert HALL on 15:32 - Aug 2 with 1194 viewsHarry_Callahan

The Albert HALL on 10:21 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

It is because you ve fallen into personal mode. As I ve alluded to Liverpool is an excellent starting point for barb throwing.
However, you selective reading shows you ve not understood my view Liverpool City is anything but a shining beacon- but it shows what can be done as regards regeneration.
aybe Swansea suffers from too many like you and Jobbie who find LIVERPOOL a convenient place to hammer and put down at any opportunity . Sadly that attitude says a lot about you and as has been commented upon by other posters.

Swansea really has suffered enough

And where exactly is the money for regeneration of Swansea going to come from?
As I stated before, Liverpool benefitted from £2 billion being thrown at it from winning Europe city of culture which created up to 14,000 new jobs around the city.
If Swansea had won the 2017 UK city of culture then there would of been serious investment and job creation for the area. The city that did win Hull, expects to create 7,500 new jobs and have £200 million investment.
The Albert HALL on 16:02 - Aug 2 with 1190 viewsperchrockjack

regeneration n had in fact started In Liverpool before the CoC bid.
What was significant is that the city ejected a council that was only interested in self aggrandisement.

Hull had seen some hard times with fishing industry decimated but its won because it evidenced something SWANSEA couldn't.

The Albert HALL on 17:54 - Aug 2 with 1182 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 10:21 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

It is because you ve fallen into personal mode. As I ve alluded to Liverpool is an excellent starting point for barb throwing.
However, you selective reading shows you ve not understood my view Liverpool City is anything but a shining beacon- but it shows what can be done as regards regeneration.
aybe Swansea suffers from too many like you and Jobbie who find LIVERPOOL a convenient place to hammer and put down at any opportunity . Sadly that attitude says a lot about you and as has been commented upon by other posters.

Swansea really has suffered enough

Find one post in this thread where I've said anything negative about Liverpool. Then compare that to how much you've slagged off Swansea.

Think what you like about me, but at least I'm here trying to improve my city, not sitting miles away spouting uninformed nonsense.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Albert HALL on 17:55 - Aug 2 with 1179 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 10:47 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

High St is still a sh*thole mind.

If they spread out the likes of the probation service, jobcentre, bail hostel, BAYS, Working Links and co rather than have them concentrated into a small area right next to a notorious development of council properties you might get more people willing to spend time up there.

No argument with that.

The Albert HALL on 20:24 - Aug 2 with 1170 viewscyril

Compulsory purchase Order then you crap council, a bunch of self indulgent pigs who care more for they're own political agendas , than making or even having the vision to make swansea a better place, they really are deluded and it's costing us as the residents of this great city

The devil is in the detail

The Albert HALL on 22:45 - Aug 2 with 1145 viewsperchrockjack

Is. Cyril seems to be a scorer too.

Login to get fewer ads

The Albert HALL on 10:38 - Aug 3 with 1115 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 22:45 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

Is. Cyril seems to be a scorer too.

So you've finally given up then? Good.

Never said I was arguing with you because you live in Liverpool. I'm arguing with you because I believe you're talking nonsense.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2014 10:38]

The Albert HALL on 10:49 - Aug 3 with 1105 viewsperchrockjack

Im tired of this.
However you ve not been reading what I post over the years.

We re 20 mins from Liverpool, 30 from Chester. NEVER LIVED THERE, WORKED THERE.

It aint anything resembling nirvana and has big problems still.

This doesn't affect my main concern which was and always will be my home town.

Now pull the fookn plug on this . A clear impasse as I too believe you re talking abject nonsense mainly because ,as you admitted, you don't have the knowledge of the subject argued over, so its best not to.

I ll discuss music with you anytime so join me ,LOH and warwick in full flow.

The Albert HALL on 08:34 - Aug 4 with 1059 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 10:49 - Aug 3 by perchrockjack

Im tired of this.
However you ve not been reading what I post over the years.

We re 20 mins from Liverpool, 30 from Chester. NEVER LIVED THERE, WORKED THERE.

It aint anything resembling nirvana and has big problems still.

This doesn't affect my main concern which was and always will be my home town.

Now pull the fookn plug on this . A clear impasse as I too believe you re talking abject nonsense mainly because ,as you admitted, you don't have the knowledge of the subject argued over, so its best not to.

I ll discuss music with you anytime so join me ,LOH and warwick in full flow.

I said I don't have a lot of knowledge of the subject and that it was you who had none, but whatever.

I know you live outside Liverpool, you're the one who called Cyril a Scouser, although I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

We're never going to agree because I'm actually interested in discussing possible solutions, not just moaning, so yes let's leave it there.

The Albert HALL on 09:56 - Aug 4 with 1039 viewsperchrockjack

But"...........

Well alright then

The Albert HALL on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 1036 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 09:56 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

But"...........

Well alright then

Still luvs ew Perch, no matter how often we disagree.

Let's not take this thread off topic and get in trouble, but happy to discuss music with you. You're a Boss fan right? Me too.

The Albert HALL on 10:15 - Aug 4 with 1035 viewsperchrockjack

Absolutely chum although bs latest stuff really is not of substance but he remains an icon to me and his music reflects most people s lives from cradle to grave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024