Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big screens 17:45 - Aug 2 with 6624 viewsSweyns_Eye

Down by the stadium earlier, I had a gawk through the corner gates in the south.

No sign of the big screens or any construction in the north to hold them.

What's going on? Days left till the start of the season! Questions must be asked! Cue panic and anguish now!!!

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

The big screens on 19:07 - Aug 2 with 1730 viewsDarran

The big screens on 17:56 - Aug 2 by JackoBoostardo

Does bring in increased revenue from ads! Not a bad thing is it?

I was told this week that they will bring in a fortune in sponsorship and the screens themselves can be sponsored.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The big screens on 19:11 - Aug 2 with 1713 viewsymaohyd

The big screens on 17:53 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

I agree.

Utter bullshi*. (Re: no video screens)

We are in the year 2014 ffs.

Love the club, love the board, but at times I hold my head in my hands with our lack of foresight.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The big screens on 19:11 - Aug 2 with 1713 viewsRancid

The big screens on 19:07 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Not the brightest are you.

Was you playing along with the previous posters pisstaking as well then.If so then indeed im not the brightest as i missed it.
The big screens on 19:12 - Aug 2 with 1709 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 18:51 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Same could be said for all sorts of changes. How did we get buy without bucket seats, electronic subs boards, twitter updates, live feeds, electronic advertising boards non are essential but all add something. Feck me what is wrong with people. Not everything in life has to be essential but if adds to customer experience whats the problem. Helps reduce the tax bill and creates revenue. No fecking brainer mun. Sure somebody will come up with a negative but I cant for the life of me. Maybe some don't like change.

...and....

"maybe some don't like change"

How about some of us would rather spend the money on something we actually need, or put something back in to the community/grassroots - or would you rather have you big screens, kerching?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The big screens on 19:12 - Aug 2 with 1707 viewsNeath_Jack

The big screens on 19:07 - Aug 2 by Darran

I was told this week that they will bring in a fortune in sponsorship and the screens themselves can be sponsored.

A fortune? I doubt that very much.

Anyway, at least the players will be able to look up at the screens and see themselves after they've done something good/bad.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The big screens on 19:15 - Aug 2 with 1690 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 19:07 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

" Helps reduce the tax bill and creates revenue."

What a massive steaming pile of horseshit. When you increase your revenue you pay more tax you f*cking bulb. What's the point of using it to increase your revenue if your hoping to turn it into a loss to reduce tax? I can't believe some of the sh!t I read on here sometimes.

*edit to add: So what if some of us are stuck in the dark ages - it's not all about money either, some of us just enjoy the football. I enjoyed it down the Vetch when we were skint and the football was sh!te and if those times came again I'd still go and no doubt enjoy it all the same. Modern football fans are the equivalent of 80's new money yuppies.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 19:10]

Good point I was thinking more of reducing tax bill by capital expenditure and then an increase in revenue will only help with ffp. As for the rest of your post its amazing how many of us loved it down the vetch but so few of us went. I paid a few quid back then it wasnt a major part of my houshold budget today it is whats wrong in wanting better facilities? Dont get it myself.
The big screens on 19:16 - Aug 2 with 1682 viewsItchySphincter

Just wait 'til the moaning c*nts start going on about people looking at the screens instead of the pitch, or little drops of water dripping off them or obstructed views. I've nailed my colours to the mast and if they enhance my matchday experience or my match ticket doesn't increase to pay for it I'll apologise. Can't get a stiffy for it though.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 19:20]

The big screens on 19:21 - Aug 2 with 1659 viewsDarran

The big screens on 19:12 - Aug 2 by Neath_Jack

A fortune? I doubt that very much.

Anyway, at least the players will be able to look up at the screens and see themselves after they've done something good/bad.

I was told they can bring in up to £5k an ad.

Login to get fewer ads

The big screens on 19:22 - Aug 2 with 1659 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 19:12 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

...and....

"maybe some don't like change"

How about some of us would rather spend the money on something we actually need, or put something back in to the community/grassroots - or would you rather have you big screens, kerching?

Im all for putting something back into grass roots. I would rather the thousands wasted on a cardboard box was used on grass roots. But since we have got to tje premier league I still have to leave my seat 5 mins before ht if I want any refreshment during the interval, I still cant hear announcements, I still have to walk out over horse shit and stupidly narrow walkways to leave the stadium, I still have to fight my way to the bogs, still cant order a ticket without a feck up, etc etc so in my opinion and im sorry it sounds all yuppieish and prawn sandwich but in my opinion its about time we as fans gained something from this money although I fully agree that results are the most important thing whats wrong with better facilities and good results.
The big screens on 19:24 - Aug 2 with 1656 viewsjackharris

The big screens on 18:51 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Same could be said for all sorts of changes. How did we get buy without bucket seats, electronic subs boards, twitter updates, live feeds, electronic advertising boards non are essential but all add something. Feck me what is wrong with people. Not everything in life has to be essential but if adds to customer experience whats the problem. Helps reduce the tax bill and creates revenue. No fecking brainer mun. Sure somebody will come up with a negative but I cant for the life of me. Maybe some don't like change.

Excellent post.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The big screens on 19:26 - Aug 2 with 1651 viewsNeath_Jack

The big screens on 19:21 - Aug 2 by Darran

I was told they can bring in up to £5k an ad.

Funnily enough there was a link to the advertising prices put up on here a few weeks ago and i though, f*ck me, that's a lot of money.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The big screens on 19:27 - Aug 2 with 1644 viewsPlazex

The big screens on 17:51 - Aug 2 by JackoBoostardo

Don't start! You'll have Plazex here now talking about conspiracies and stuff!

Indeed you will.

Poll: Where will we finish?

The big screens on 19:27 - Aug 2 with 1641 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 19:24 - Aug 2 by jackharris

Excellent post.

In your opinion

In seriousness though, some want them, I can kind of see their point, is it okay though if I'd prefer not to have them - even if they will eventually pay for themselves and start raising money. Is that okay? Without being a luddite or a dinosaur like.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 19:28]

The big screens on 19:27 - Aug 2 with 1641 viewsjackharris

The big screens on 19:22 - Aug 2 by jackforever

Im all for putting something back into grass roots. I would rather the thousands wasted on a cardboard box was used on grass roots. But since we have got to tje premier league I still have to leave my seat 5 mins before ht if I want any refreshment during the interval, I still cant hear announcements, I still have to walk out over horse shit and stupidly narrow walkways to leave the stadium, I still have to fight my way to the bogs, still cant order a ticket without a feck up, etc etc so in my opinion and im sorry it sounds all yuppieish and prawn sandwich but in my opinion its about time we as fans gained something from this money although I fully agree that results are the most important thing whats wrong with better facilities and good results.

Bendigedig Mr Forever

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The big screens on 19:31 - Aug 2 with 1624 viewsPlazex

And 2 things
There isn't much need for screens. Plymouth don't wven have a scoreboard.
2. This will happen

Poll: Where will we finish?

The big screens on 20:27 - Aug 2 with 1506 viewslonglostjack

Jackforever talks a lot of sense IMO .

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The big screens on 20:37 - Aug 2 with 1477 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 20:27 - Aug 2 by longlostjack

That'll be because you agree with him see, it's how it works.

The big screens on 20:51 - Aug 2 with 1447 viewsjackharris

The big screens on 20:27 - Aug 2 by longlostjack

Now I wouldn't go that far

The big screens on 20:55 - Aug 2 with 1437 viewsDarran

The big screens on 20:51 - Aug 2 by jackharris

Now I wouldn't go that far

Nor me he's a serial bollacks talker.

The big screens on 21:07 - Aug 2 with 1404 viewslonglostjack

The big screens on 20:37 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

That'll be because you agree with him see, it's how it works.

Love a big screen me

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The big screens on 22:38 - Aug 2 with 1340 viewsreddythered

Screens bring in advertising revenue.

Equally, the way it works for us is...

Pre-match, adverts mixed in with features from CC Player - so cross-promotion of tht service. Goal of the month competition, from all ranges hence promoting academy etc. Interview with manager, that kind of thing.

During the match, mix of ads but the bulk of the time it's the match lineups - so you can tell subs made, who has been carded etc.

As for what can be shown, the rule is, "nothing controversial". Goals are replayed, close attempts shown etc. Gerrard going in two footed having already been booked and hence should've been off, the cheating scouse b***ard wouldn;t get shown.

Half time, wouldn't know, this'll be first season I've not nipped out for half time ciggy.

So it's a useful mix. For those

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The big screens on 00:03 - Aug 3 with 1266 viewsjackforever

The big screens on 20:55 - Aug 2 by Darran

Nor me he's a serial bollacks talker.

Take that as a compliment from a kent like you.
The big screens on 01:21 - Aug 3 with 1222 viewsItchySphincter

The big screens on 22:38 - Aug 2 by reddythered

Screens bring in advertising revenue.

Equally, the way it works for us is...

Pre-match, adverts mixed in with features from CC Player - so cross-promotion of tht service. Goal of the month competition, from all ranges hence promoting academy etc. Interview with manager, that kind of thing.

During the match, mix of ads but the bulk of the time it's the match lineups - so you can tell subs made, who has been carded etc.

As for what can be shown, the rule is, "nothing controversial". Goals are replayed, close attempts shown etc. Gerrard going in two footed having already been booked and hence should've been off, the cheating scouse b***ard wouldn;t get shown.

Half time, wouldn't know, this'll be first season I've not nipped out for half time ciggy.

So it's a useful mix. For those

Phuck off.

The big screens on 06:49 - Aug 3 with 1172 viewsjacksinceever

The big screens on 19:24 - Aug 2 by jackharris

Excellent post.

Some of us unfortunates can't make out what's happening down other end of the pitch due to seat positioning. Therefore replays of goals, highlights at half time, etc, would be great.
The big screens on 09:21 - Aug 3 with 1118 viewsMisterGaz

This season the LED boards that run the length of the East Stand and behind both goal lines will also have a crowd-facing side. I wonder if these are actually the 'big screens'...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024