Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you believe in life after death? 12:42 - Aug 5 with 7209 viewsspell_chekker

Personally, I'm a none believer. I've never seen, heard, or felt anything to convince me that there is another 'force', 'entity', or state of being other than the reality we live in.

Having said that, I know people who I respect who reckon they have had an unexplained experience after previously being sceptical.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:47 - Aug 5 with 6222 viewsLytham_FY8

No, there's no evidence, no reason and no God.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 6206 viewsSirJim

I died in 1846 in an explosion in apowder mill in Baltimore!

Poll: Should Jimmy Armfield recieve knighthood

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:53 - Aug 5 with 6191 viewsvoyeur

No

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:54 - Aug 5 with 6185 viewsTheAtmospherics

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:47 - Aug 5 by Lytham_FY8

No, there's no evidence, no reason and no God.

A bit deep for a Tuesday afternoon! Anyway, here is my 2 pence....

There is plenty of `evidence` just no concrete proof.

I personally believe when we die our consciousness/energy is circulated back into the universe and we come back as some other life form of some sort... from bacteria all the way to an alien species in an alternate universe... we are all the one and the same made out of star dust.

Ive watched a couple of documentaries which follow children who have had a past life in which they have gone to a complete different country and explained who their family was what their name was and how they died etc... really eye opening stuff.

I hope my beliefs are not too far off the truth haha!

Im sure most people have had something happen to them "out of the ordinary" at some point in their lives.
Do you believe in life after death? on 12:54 - Aug 5 with 6182 viewsspider29

Can I get back to you on this one..
Namely when im dead !
Do you believe in life after death? on 12:54 - Aug 5 with 6185 viewsBlade01

More a hope than a belief. I have experienced a couple of things that make me wonder.

1. On the day of my Mum's funeral, a Rose Bush that I knew for a fact hadn't blossomed for at least two years (never got time to dig it up) blossomed one red rose, it hasn't blossomed since.

2. A few weeks after Mum died, my Dad recieved a call from one of his friends. They stated they had "spoken" to Mum, what spooked Dad was when they specifically mentioned Mum spilling hot chocolate one night on holiday. Dad reckoned only him and Mum ever knew about this.

In a few days it's 7 years since Mum passed. We had some pretty bad fall outs over the years. We spoke at the end but there was so much I wanted to say and didn't know how. I have guilt over a lot of things, but that is the worst.

So yes mate, I'd love there to be something after we pass on, maybe I'd get the chance to put things right.

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:54 - Aug 5 with 6183 viewsbeagle

Whether you believe it or not does not make it a reallity or not.
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:01 - Aug 5 with 6153 viewstangerine77

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:54 - Aug 5 by beagle

Love these type of threads, tangerineneil is the man to ask.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:01 - Aug 5 with 6150 viewsGraham9

Do you believe in life after death? on 12:54 - Aug 5 by beagle

Very much doubt it I understand from various boffins that its believed that our self awareness or consciousness is a bi product of the complexity of our brain's neural networks. In other words its not a standalone thing in itself which may survive death, but is a consequence of something which causes it, and when that something stops, so does the consequential product i.e. our consciousness.
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:09 - Aug 5 with 6128 viewsLytham_FY8

'There is plenty of `evidence`'

There isn't any evidence, there's just stories, usually from people in a bad emotional/physical state to begin with.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:12 - Aug 5 with 6116 viewsUnsworthTangerine

When your dead, your dead.

The end.
No more.

Then you rot or are burnt.

God only exists in the minds of the weak.
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:13 - Aug 5 with 6116 viewsTangerinepepper

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:09 - Aug 5 by Lytham_FY8

There isn't any evidence, there's just stories, usually from people in a bad emotional/physical state to begin with.

There are a lot of unexplained things, i just hope it's not like the film insidious if anyone has seen that
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:15 - Aug 5 with 6111 viewsTheAtmospherics

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:09 - Aug 5 by Lytham_FY8

Lytham evidence and proof are not the same, hence why I mentioned both....

The `evidence` consists of tapes and recordings etc... which I am not saying any of them are actually genuine... this evidence must be turned into solid fact in order to prove the evidence if you get me...
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:17 - Aug 5 with 6100 viewsbeagle

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:12 - Aug 5 by UnsworthTangerine

When your dead, your dead.

The end.
No more.

Then you rot or are burnt.

God only exists in the minds of the weak.

Unsworth. It depends what you mean by YOU as in you are dead. Are YOU the mind, the body, both or neither.
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:18 - Aug 5 with 6097 viewsBlade01

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:17 - Aug 5 by beagle

Unsworth. It depends what you mean by YOU as in you are dead. Are YOU the mind, the body, both or neither.

Beagle, that usually depends on how much I've drunk!

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 6086 viewsGhost

Having watched the last two seasons fare then Yes
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 6076 viewsUnsworthTangerine

We are a whole.
Once the brain dies thats it.

Unfortunately I have seen dying and death in all its forms and there is nothing to suggest to me that the soul does something or goes anywhere.

That said I will not preach so if Blade wants to believe thats his prerogative....and good luck to him.
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 6072 viewsBlade01

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:23 - Aug 5 by UnsworthTangerine

We are a whole.
Once the brain dies thats it.

Unfortunately I have seen dying and death in all its forms and there is nothing to suggest to me that the soul does something or goes anywhere.

That said I will not preach so if Blade wants to believe thats his prerogative....and good luck to him.

More a hope than a belief mate to be honest.

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:25 - Aug 5 with 6067 viewsKingSuddick

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:15 - Aug 5 by TheAtmospherics

Lytham evidence and proof are not the same, hence why I mentioned both....

The `evidence` consists of tapes and recordings etc... which I am not saying any of them are actually genuine... this evidence must be turned into solid fact in order to prove the evidence if you get me...

No, not at all.

We are just energy and, on our death, that energy just returns to the earth. Just like the energy of a wave which has travelled thousands of miles, when it breakes on the shore, its energy just transfers back into the ground. Simple. No mystery about it at all. There is certainly none of this spiritual stuff.

I always find it amusing when people say they were a Victorian in a former life, or a Roundhead in a former life, or such like examples. You never get people saying I was a Mesolithic hunter-gatherer in a former life, do you. I wonder why? I wonder if it's because we haven't got much of a notion as to what Mesolithic hunter gatherers' lives were like, but we do know quite a bit about, say, what a servant's life in Elizabethan times was like. It's all auto-suggestion.
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:26 - Aug 5 with 6065 viewsLytham_FY8

Oh aye, no preaching, I'm a bit envious of people who do believe to be honest, I just don't.

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:28 - Aug 5 with 6060 viewsSeasider91

I think that our "soul" is a type of energy that is simply there to keep you alive. A life force if you like. When you die your "life force" exits the body and gives life to something else.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:30 - Aug 5 with 6055 viewsLytham_FY8

We're just energy and as ever entropy wins over in the end.

Your 'soul' is just electric impulses in the brain.

Those are the only facts anyone knows.

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 6049 viewsTheAtmospherics

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:28 - Aug 5 by Seasider91

I think that our "soul" is a type of energy that is simply there to keep you alive. A life force if you like. When you die your "life force" exits the body and gives life to something else.

KingSuddick what do you reckon to the documentaries about those children who remember a past life I mentioned earlier... These kids were 5-6 years of age and went under no hypnosis.. were just taken to the place they remembered and could say who was who and what was what etc which was all verified... these kids were too young to have been influenced in any way about what society is and what eras we have had previously.

Ps this could be the first ton of the new site
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 6049 viewsbeagle

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:30 - Aug 5 by Lytham_FY8

We're just energy and as ever entropy wins over in the end.

Your 'soul' is just electric impulses in the brain.

Those are the only facts anyone knows.

I wonder where inate habits and tendencies come freom, the brain? If it is the brain then do we have free will to change it, and if so is it the brain that changes its own views/tendencies/habits?
Do you believe in life after death? on 13:38 - Aug 5 with 6038 viewsUnsworthTangerine

Do you believe in life after death? on 13:32 - Aug 5 by beagle

I wonder where inate habits and tendencies come freom, the brain? If it is the brain then do we have free will to change it, and if so is it the brain that changes its own views/tendencies/habits?

Inate to who though?

If its in your DNA is could come from ANYBODY in your past family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024