Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a difference a week makes .. 20:56 - Aug 6 with 824 viewsAVFTT

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/35631/what-a-difference-a-w
What a difference a week makes .. on 21:42 - Aug 6 with 798 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

shameless bump for this.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:15 - Aug 6 with 748 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

don't you mean shameful?

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:16 - Aug 6 with 745 viewshertfordseasider

What a difference a week makes .. on 21:42 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

shameless bump for this.

We are still in total 5hit streak and the whole thing is a shambles, if you think anything else you are deluding yourself.

It is unforgivable what has happened and the sooner this odious pair leave our club the sooner we can get on with getting our football club back. Expect more bad news than good in the coming few weeks.
What a difference a week makes .. on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 734 viewsGrayth

"...but they are big, powerful players who will give us real presence up front."

Miller and whom? Surely not Delfouneso??

I think Perkins and Lundstram will start the season in midfield. Doubt Cubero will be thrown straight in having not played for us at all yet or had much of a pre-season. As it stands I think we'll start with:-

Lewis
McMahon Clarke Daniels Oriol
Perkins Lundstram
Cywka Mellis Zenjov
Delfouneso

Miller's had even less of a pre-season than most of our squad, so can't see him starting. The defence is a concern, but I really hope we get some wingers. I don't see Cywka holding down the position and have a bad feeling about Zenjov which I admit is based on very little. Not sure what's happening with Grant, but I wouldn't mind seeing him given a go down the right before he's written off completely. If Orlandi comes in, he'd add to our wide options, but we're badly short of pace.

I think Mackenzie and Davies can be completely ruled out of contention for the whole season. Hard to see them playing for us again, so we definitely need one more player in each of their positions.
What a difference a week makes .. on 22:27 - Aug 6 with 720 viewsAVFTT

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:20 - Aug 6 by Grayth

"...but they are big, powerful players who will give us real presence up front."

Miller and whom? Surely not Delfouneso??

I think Perkins and Lundstram will start the season in midfield. Doubt Cubero will be thrown straight in having not played for us at all yet or had much of a pre-season. As it stands I think we'll start with:-

Lewis
McMahon Clarke Daniels Oriol
Perkins Lundstram
Cywka Mellis Zenjov
Delfouneso

Miller's had even less of a pre-season than most of our squad, so can't see him starting. The defence is a concern, but I really hope we get some wingers. I don't see Cywka holding down the position and have a bad feeling about Zenjov which I admit is based on very little. Not sure what's happening with Grant, but I wouldn't mind seeing him given a go down the right before he's written off completely. If Orlandi comes in, he'd add to our wide options, but we're badly short of pace.

I think Mackenzie and Davies can be completely ruled out of contention for the whole season. Hard to see them playing for us again, so we definitely need one more player in each of their positions.

Gray (edit to add, this is Robbie, I forgot to log out and log back in)

I think Fonz is stronger than he looks actually. He just doesn't use his strength as well as he can, which is a matter of coaching. You could have a point about Cubero not being in from the word go, but I was thinking longer term.

Do you think we'll play 4-3-2-1 ? is that a hunch or based upon something else?

Pete

I understand the strength of your feelings, but this is a thread about the playing squad. Like it or not, they are going to be in competitive action this weekend and talking about them and what they might do isn't delusional.

This post has been edited by an administrator
What a difference a week makes .. on 22:43 - Aug 6 with 685 viewshertfordseasider

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:27 - Aug 6 by AVFTT

I think Fonz is stronger than he looks actually. He just doesn't use his strength as well as he can, which is a matter of coaching. You could have a point about Cubero not being in from the word go, but I was thinking longer term.

Pete

I understand the strength of your feelings, but this is a thread about the playing squad. Like it or not, they are going to be in competitive action this weekend and talking about them and what they might do isn't delusional.

I don't think they are good enough Robbie, it has been done appallingly and it is going to get worse before it gets better. I can't muster enthusiasm for it at all I am afraid. KO has let the club down badly.
What a difference a week makes .. on 22:53 - Aug 6 with 670 viewsspider29

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:43 - Aug 6 by hertfordseasider

I don't think they are good enough Robbie, it has been done appallingly and it is going to get worse before it gets better. I can't muster enthusiasm for it at all I am afraid. KO has let the club down badly.

I kept telling you Jose would deliver...
You scoffed...
Your not scoffing now...
We have the best manager...
In the championship !
Viva La Riga !
What a difference a week makes .. on 23:06 - Aug 6 with 647 viewsGrayth

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:27 - Aug 6 by AVFTT

Pete

I think we'll play something similar to 4-2-3-1 yeah. 4-3-3 is pretty much the same thing if two of the midfield sit and one has a more attacking role. I don't think Riga will go 4-4-2. He hasn't in either friendly has he? Having said this, I think two up front might be the best way to get anything out of Delfouneso and Miller, and certainly Davies if we can't sell him.
Login to get fewer ads

What a difference a week makes .. on 23:11 - Aug 6 with 646 viewsFY4MIKEH

What a difference a week makes .. on 22:53 - Aug 6 by spider29

I kept telling you Jose would deliver...
You scoffed...
Your not scoffing now...
We have the best manager...
In the championship !
Viva La Riga !

We are definitely in a better position than last year under Ince. We won games, when we shouldn't.
Then we started to lose games, then lost more, and even more under that clown Fergie.
I feel a new optimism under Riga, but not yet.
We will get things right, and won't be in a relegation battle.
What a difference a week makes .. on 23:28 - Aug 6 with 638 viewsbottle

What a difference a week makes .. on 23:11 - Aug 6 by FY4MIKEH

We are definitely in a better position than last year under Ince. We won games, when we shouldn't.
Then we started to lose games, then lost more, and even more under that clown Fergie.
I feel a new optimism under Riga, but not yet.
We will get things right, and won't be in a relegation battle.

All the foreign names are certainly going to get some getting used to for sure, it's one thing shouting "c'mon Bash" to shouting "get stuck in Joan". I've always thought that BFC were one of the last bastions of British based teams whilst the opposition have been liberally sprinkled with Johnny Fancy Dan Foreigners. I suppose we got used to a Sylvestre or a Grandin and Angel here and there, and it's almost ironic that Delfonescu and Lundstrum are both Brits.

It does look a lot different to a week ago, not even the biggest Oyston critic could think that players wouldn't be arriving by the taxi load this week. It puts me in mind of that chaotic few weeks before our Premiership debut, though the bulk of the team knew each other for sure, but there were still new faces on show on that glorious return to the top flight.

A similar result would go a long way to healing the division that has sadly appeared amongst our support. Things are a long way from being "rosy" and a lot of work remains to be done and a great deal of catching up is required, I've even of half a mind that come the end of the season we might be regretting this chaos we have endured and saying "what if" and missing out on what could have been great end of season. Sorry I can't help feeling optimistic, don't worry I'll be back to normal soon ( unless wow signing arrives!)
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 23:29]
What a difference a week makes .. on 08:23 - Aug 7 with 568 viewsbig_bloomers

What a difference a week makes .. on 23:28 - Aug 6 by bottle

All the foreign names are certainly going to get some getting used to for sure, it's one thing shouting "c'mon Bash" to shouting "get stuck in Joan". I've always thought that BFC were one of the last bastions of British based teams whilst the opposition have been liberally sprinkled with Johnny Fancy Dan Foreigners. I suppose we got used to a Sylvestre or a Grandin and Angel here and there, and it's almost ironic that Delfonescu and Lundstrum are both Brits.

It does look a lot different to a week ago, not even the biggest Oyston critic could think that players wouldn't be arriving by the taxi load this week. It puts me in mind of that chaotic few weeks before our Premiership debut, though the bulk of the team knew each other for sure, but there were still new faces on show on that glorious return to the top flight.

A similar result would go a long way to healing the division that has sadly appeared amongst our support. Things are a long way from being "rosy" and a lot of work remains to be done and a great deal of catching up is required, I've even of half a mind that come the end of the season we might be regretting this chaos we have endured and saying "what if" and missing out on what could have been great end of season. Sorry I can't help feeling optimistic, don't worry I'll be back to normal soon ( unless wow signing arrives!)
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 23:29]

"Get stuck in Joan" .. comment of the day

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024