Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celtic reinstated to the CL 10:16 - Aug 8 with 2742 viewsC_jack

Absolute bollox, the player came on for 3 minutes of the tie after they had already beaten Celtic comfortably.

Corrupt.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 10:17]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 2681 viewsPegojack

Rules is rules. For how long does the ineligible player have to be playing, then, according to you, before the rules are applied?

I agree they are a bunch of lucky bar stewards, though.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:29 - Aug 8 with 2629 viewsC_jack

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:23 - Aug 8 by Pegojack

Rules is rules. For how long does the ineligible player have to be playing, then, according to you, before the rules are applied?

I agree they are a bunch of lucky bar stewards, though.

He had no influence on the tie, as has previously happened where teams have been allowed to proceed through the competition.

Legia Warsaw should have been punished, but in no way did it affect the outcome of the tie, so I can't understand why Celtic have been given the reprieve, apart from the fact they're a bigger money spinner than Legia Warsaw, of course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28693855

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 10:29]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:30 - Aug 8 with 2613 viewsicecoldjack

If it was Celtic v ac Milan im sure There would have been just a fine and bye bye Celtic .
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:33 - Aug 8 with 2592 viewsQuakerJack

Oh for god sake, this is absolutely ridiculous and typical of a pathetic organisation like UEFA.

A fine yes, a heavy fine, ok, fair enough, but to reinstate the team they battered 6-1 because of a 3 minute sub is completely disproportionate. If I was Celtic, the club or the fans I'd be embarrassed.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 2587 viewsApeShit

Celtic luck barstewards?

More like Legia Warsaw a bunch of thick c*nts!
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:38 - Aug 8 with 2550 viewsswans11

It's joke what difference did the 3minutes he played make Celtic got hammered. I know shouldn't have played but this is very harsh where's consistency. Rules should be black white where if you do this punishment is clear not fine one club and kicking out the other for same thing
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:39 - Aug 8 with 2542 viewsQuakerJack

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:34 - Aug 8 by ApeShit

Celtic luck barstewards?

More like Legia Warsaw a bunch of thick c*nts!

Heavy fine would do. Celtic are an embarrassment

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:42 - Aug 8 with 2529 viewsAl_Bundy

No brainer... player rules are in black and white. If they are in breach then they punished.
Login to get fewer ads

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:48 - Aug 8 with 2493 viewsPrivate_Partz

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:39 - Aug 8 by QuakerJack

Heavy fine would do. Celtic are an embarrassment

I agree. If that had it been a Man U, arsenal, Barca etc it would have been a heavy fine.
I doubt it was a deliberate act. Just a cock which due to the result was relatively minor. It is good example of law being an ass.
Having said that he must be one hell of a player to make that much difference in 3 mins. Sign him up I say ;-)
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 10:53]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:51 - Aug 8 with 2471 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corruption at the highest level of football yet again .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 10:53 - Aug 8 with 2448 viewsJackFish

The player in question served his suspension in the previous qualifying round.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:04 - Aug 8 with 2396 viewsSkipTheJack

UEFA are so corrupt. If it had been Hearts or TNS in that position then there's no way they would have been reinstated. When that Russian player failed a drugs test against Wales in the Euro play-offs UEFA didn't want to know about it, and we only lost that match 1-0 not 6-1.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:20 - Aug 8 with 2333 viewsJocJack

Team gets punished with a 3-0 defeat so Celtic went through on away goals, and this from a mate - a Rangers fan?
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:27 - Aug 8 with 2296 viewsPrivate_Partz

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:20 - Aug 8 by JocJack

Team gets punished with a 3-0 defeat so Celtic went through on away goals, and this from a mate - a Rangers fan?

Just see a report On BBC news. It is a scandal. Looking at the facts it was genuine mistake. The player had served his 3 match ban but there was a registration cock up in a previous game. Coupled with the match being two legged the club screwed up admin wise only. The player served the ban. Absolutely shocking. One would hope there is an appeal system but I very much doubt there is.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:55 - Aug 8 with 2213 viewsQuakerJack

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:27 - Aug 8 by Private_Partz

Just see a report On BBC news. It is a scandal. Looking at the facts it was genuine mistake. The player had served his 3 match ban but there was a registration cock up in a previous game. Coupled with the match being two legged the club screwed up admin wise only. The player served the ban. Absolutely shocking. One would hope there is an appeal system but I very much doubt there is.

There was an example recently, can't remember the club but they were fined. Inconsistency, just because it's Celtic.

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 12:18 - Aug 8 with 2136 viewsLe_Swans

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:27 - Aug 8 by Private_Partz

They've got 5 days to appeal and have already asked for the reasoning, surely when they appeal it will get overturned, as others have mentioned, they assumed he served his ban during the St Patricks Athletic matches, just an admin error.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 12:24 - Aug 8 with 2115 viewsTom1912

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 11:55 - Aug 8 by QuakerJack

There was an example recently, can't remember the club but they were fined. Inconsistency, just because it's Celtic.

It seems UEFA tightened the rules since the incident you are referring to, and this punishment is in line with that. At least, that's what a few people on Twitter seem to think.

I'm not sure why anyone at UEFA would care enough about Celtic to give them special treatment to be honest.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 13:05 - Aug 8 with 2013 viewsscottishjack

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 12:24 - Aug 8 by Tom1912

It seems UEFA tightened the rules since the incident you are referring to, and this punishment is in line with that. At least, that's what a few people on Twitter seem to think.

I'm not sure why anyone at UEFA would care enough about Celtic to give them special treatment to be honest.

Celtic have a massive worldwide fanbase, and therefore, they keep the sponsors happy. Legia Warsaw don't.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 1792 viewsHighjack

If Celtic lose again does that mean they'll lose their crack at the Europa League too?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 16:24 - Aug 8 with 1676 viewsperchrockjack

As I ve said Celtic-poison. And people want them in the prem?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 16:26 - Aug 8 with 1672 viewsTom1912

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 16:24 - Aug 8 by perchrockjack

As I ve said Celtic-poison. And people want them in the prem?

This isn't Celtic's fault though.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 16:42 - Aug 8 with 1651 viewsperchrockjack

No but it stinks.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 18:37 - Aug 8 with 1540 viewsJohnw102

News on Oscar Pistorious, he's sacked his legal team and hired Celtic's as he heard you can lose both legs and still be a winner.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Celtic reinstated to the CL on 18:45 - Aug 8 with 1522 viewsswanduck

Sorry but this absolutely stinks! I feel a massive amount of injustice for Legia Warsaw!

A rule was broken, though one would assume it was done in error, the rule break had no effect whatsoever on the overall result! It was three minutes for gods sake, they were 6-1 up on aggregate at this point! Why not just go off the first leg result, punish Legia by null and voiding their second leg goals? Either way Celtic got well and truly beaten!!

I know rules are rules but I feel like even a large fine would be harsh against such a small team, don't know much about Polish football but I'm not envisaging a particularly rich club though.

It is the fans I feel sorry for... Legia must have gone from feeling euphoric to gutted, Celtic fans must just be incredibly embarrassed. I can honestly say that if you swapped Swansea with Celtic I would not want to be reinstated.

Sadly I agree with those saying that if it had been a bigger team that had broken the rules v Celtic such as Man Utd there would have been a fine and nothing more, which just makes it stink even more.
Celtic reinstated to the CL on 20:14 - Aug 8 with 1444 viewsKilkennyjack

To clear Celtic did not appeal.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024