Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give some credit to Villarreal 18:52 - Aug 9 with 2459 viewsOldjack

ffs mun i thought they were an excellent outfit and would easily slot into the prem ,deffo a top ten team

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Give some credit to Villarreal on 18:55 - Aug 9 with 1866 viewsRancid

They were a very good side and looked months ahead of us in preparation.Thank fook it was only a friendly and a kick up the arse for us hopefully.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 18:56 - Aug 9 with 1861 viewsOldjack

Give some credit to Villarreal on 18:55 - Aug 9 by Rancid

They were a very good side and looked months ahead of us in preparation.Thank fook it was only a friendly and a kick up the arse for us hopefully.

correct

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:00 - Aug 9 with 1833 viewsMartyrman57

agreed
Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:01 - Aug 9 with 1826 viewsPrivate_Partz

Give some credit to Villarreal on 18:56 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

correct

We knew they were Premiership quality and excellent preparation for our first game against Man U. Unfortunately, due our lack of organisation and tactical nous, a tall order has now become even taller.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:02 - Aug 9 with 1815 viewsicecoldjack

They were a very good team but i think we must not forget that for many years we have prided ourselves in playing in a similar manner and adopting that spanish flavour in our football.

We looked more like stoke than swansea today,i think a few people are a tad suprised and are adjusting to that right now !

I personally think Monk didn't want to show his hand to van gaal, thats what im hoping for anyway!

We could have lost by about 6 goals today such was the ease they were getting through.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:06 - Aug 9 with 1800 viewsRancid

You spoilt it by mentioning van Gaal,Icy.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:12 - Aug 9 with 1776 viewsPrivate_Partz

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:02 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

They were a very good team but i think we must not forget that for many years we have prided ourselves in playing in a similar manner and adopting that spanish flavour in our football.

We looked more like stoke than swansea today,i think a few people are a tad suprised and are adjusting to that right now !

I personally think Monk didn't want to show his hand to van gaal, thats what im hoping for anyway!

We could have lost by about 6 goals today such was the ease they were getting through.

Can't see it Icecold. Do you really think the team went out there to look like a side that could lose by six nil just to fool Man U?
Gary Monk to the boys: 'have a stinker today lads then go for it at Old Trafford'.
Alternatively. 'We are going to lose today by playing two up front and going route one. We will get back to the passing game against Man U.
neither are likely in my book.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:14 - Aug 9 with 1769 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

It was sobering to see how far ahead of us they were. When we were winning the League Cup and revelling in our glorious 12/13 centenary season, Villareal were in Segunda B.

A short time later, look at the state of their squad/style compared to ours. We looked an utter shambles, they looked like they'd been honed into a stylish footballing machine for years with a single vision.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:17 - Aug 9 with 1747 viewsjackforever

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:14 - Aug 9 by FearOfAJackPlanet

It was sobering to see how far ahead of us they were. When we were winning the League Cup and revelling in our glorious 12/13 centenary season, Villareal were in Segunda B.

A short time later, look at the state of their squad/style compared to ours. We looked an utter shambles, they looked like they'd been honed into a stylish footballing machine for years with a single vision.

Their work rate impressed me most they broke and got back with equal pace. Liked the look on the number 12 he was fecking everywhere.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:21 - Aug 9 with 1725 viewsLeonisGod

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:17 - Aug 9 by jackforever

Their work rate impressed me most they broke and got back with equal pace. Liked the look on the number 12 he was fecking everywhere.

Gio (9), 8, 12 and 11 all tore us a new one a times. They were very slick and all the changes didn't really derail them. The subs just picked up where the others left off. Although those changes would have helped with their energy levels. Looked like Garry was out to thrash ours as much as possible to build up match stamina.

Very sobering so thank feck it was a friendly.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:22 - Aug 9 with 1723 viewsskippyjack

It's exactly like last season.. but having a friendly against a top outfit.. you'll see the problems more clearly.. you've got to be skilled to see it against weaker opposition.. but we have a week to sort it out.. that's the positive.. we knew villareal were a top outfit OJ.. La Liga is actually available in the UK.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:26 - Aug 9 with 1696 viewsOldjack

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:22 - Aug 9 by skippyjack

It's exactly like last season.. but having a friendly against a top outfit.. you'll see the problems more clearly.. you've got to be skilled to see it against weaker opposition.. but we have a week to sort it out.. that's the positive.. we knew villareal were a top outfit OJ.. La Liga is actually available in the UK.

Only two teams in Spain mun every one knows that

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:29 - Aug 9 with 1687 viewsjack_lord

There was a patch in the first half where we looked like the Premier team but Villareal did play well enough to make us look average at best - are we the Same side that stretched Napoli?
Gomis looked good though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:30 - Aug 9 with 1685 viewsChief

no doubt Villarreal are a very good team and were perfectly placed today to take advantage of a team which virtually nullified its own strengths

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:35 - Aug 9 with 1665 viewsicecoldjack

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:12 - Aug 9 by Private_Partz

Can't see it Icecold. Do you really think the team went out there to look like a side that could lose by six nil just to fool Man U?
Gary Monk to the boys: 'have a stinker today lads then go for it at Old Trafford'.
Alternatively. 'We are going to lose today by playing two up front and going route one. We will get back to the passing game against Man U.
neither are likely in my book.

Clutching at straws i know, just trying for a positive spin on the subject !!

The alternitive is that Garry got it woefully wrong tactically and basically refused to change it. im sure most saw after 20 mins we had a massive hole in right midfield as gylfi kept drifting in, we all saw how they were overloading us but nothing was done about it.

He needed to hook one of the bigger players and i feel he lacked a bit of confidence to do it, one from gylfi,jonjo,ki,bony or gomis needed to go off so we could add correct width into a more conventional formation, one that most of the players know.

You dont try and re invent the wheel one week before playing utd! this game should have been for fine tuning not wholesale formation change that will ensure it takes newer players longer to gel and get combinations working .

So i prefer to think it was all done to fox louis, who will only be foxed for about 15 mins maximum anyway !
Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:36 - Aug 9 with 1659 viewsDavillin

Some excellent analyses in this thread. Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 1630 viewsicecoldjack

Give some credit to Villarreal on 19:14 - Aug 9 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Summed up perfectly .

I think that is what has hit people today, the players wern't awful but they were playing in a style(if you can call it that) that is almost alien for us .

18 months ago the team in Yellow would have been us ! the spark and zip in our football isnt there and its getting harder to re ignite it .
Give some credit to Villarreal on 20:09 - Aug 9 with 1570 viewsmonmouth

We were utter garbage today. They looked good but we didn't half help them. We hardly moved in midfield and with Bony and Gomis up top we had no width or variety. Bony was utter shat by the way; am I allowed to say that? Gomis tried hard and looked skilful but mostly coming backwards. They always had someone to pass to in a triangle, we never did. They looked like a team, we looked like we'd never met each other before. How can anyone maroon one of their more potent weapons out on the wing for the whole bloody game just about? Our game needs a right wing threat...and yes I'm getting angrier the more I drink! It's alright making mistakes, even massive ones, as long as you learn from them, so just f**king learn ok Garry!

Drink aside, I don't think this is too hard to put right. A mix of selection and positional changes and a keep the fu*ker on the floor and move or f*ck off attitude, and things will look a lot better.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:07 - Aug 9 with 1477 viewscontroversial_jack

Much better technically than any side we will come up against in the prem
Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:10 - Aug 9 with 1461 viewsskippyjack

Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:07 - Aug 9 by controversial_jack

Arsenal?..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:13 - Aug 9 with 1435 viewsveng9

They may have been in the second division a couple of years ago but three or so years ago they were in the Champions League.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:13 - Aug 9 with 1435 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool ?
Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:24 - Aug 9 with 1407 viewsmonmouth

Manchester City?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:27 - Aug 9 with 1399 viewsJackFish

I thought they were very good, and thought the same on the few occasions I watched them last season. No surprise that they finished sixth and no surprise that they played well today. Having said that I think our formation was completely wrong and the tactics didn't help us at all. We should have given them a much better game than we did.

Hopefully next weekend we'll be back to our usual 4-5-1, although the S4C commentators seemed to think that we'd be going with Bony & Gomis up front.
Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:30 - Aug 9 with 1393 viewsPrivate_Partz

Give some credit to Villarreal on 21:10 - Aug 9 by skippyjack

Arsenal?..

Southampton even?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024