Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave 19:50 - Aug 9 with 3593 viewsBorojack

After a shaky start under Monk we finished
the season.well.
Winning 3 out of the last 4 games and taking
18 points from 14 games in total.
Also put in 2 very good performances against
Napoli.
So why get shot of so many a big gamble in.my
opinion hope it works out.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 19:57 - Aug 9 with 2604 viewsRancid

Because we wanted every trace of Laudrup and the Laudrupettes removed from the club.
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 20:15 - Aug 9 with 2535 viewsfbreath

Perhaps they didn't want to stay

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 20:26 - Aug 9 with 2474 viewsCatullus

And most probably both of these things. Apparently JDG isn't coming back either. I'm not worried about all the players who have left, what's the point? I'm more worried about how the new arrivals will perform.
But even in saying that, if we can get in another 2/3 players of the right quality, in the right positions, I will be quite confident.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 20:33 - Aug 9 with 2430 viewsBorojack

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 20:15 - Aug 9 by fbreath

Perhaps they didn't want to stay

There have been.plenty over the years that have
said they dont want to stay and the club have tried
to keep them.
No doubt Monk wanted shot of most of them
hope it was for football reasons and not personal ones.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:24 - Aug 9 with 2310 viewsJackFish

I don't really think we've lost anyone that important, and nor do I think that the number of changes was anything to do with the performance today.

Vorm - widely slated on here last season and most wanted an improvement.
Michu - barely played all season and clearly didn't want to be here. Gylfi is a much better option than the Michu we had last season.
Chico - I don't think we're getting rid, and it looked like he wanted to stay but can't turn down the megabucks from Qatar. Fair enough as long as we get a decent replacement in and don't end up with just Amat or Bartley as first choice.
Pablo - looked decent under Monk in fairness and I'm a bit disappointed that he's not staying, but he's injury prone and inconsistent and only had a year left on his contract.
JDG - Looked like we're sticking with Ki over him, not my preference really and if we could ship Ki off to Villa and use that money to bring JDG back I'd be all for it.
Pozuelo - Meh.
Canas - Looks like he was one of the main troublemakers. Thought he started promisingly but went downhill as the season progressed. No great loss but does need to be replaced.
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:26 - Aug 9 with 2298 viewsDarran

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 20:33 - Aug 9 by Borojack

There have been.plenty over the years that have
said they dont want to stay and the club have tried
to keep them.
No doubt Monk wanted shot of most of them
hope it was for football reasons and not personal ones.

Like who Butt?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:30 - Aug 9 with 2285 viewsCatullus

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:26 - Aug 9 by Darran

Like who Butt?

I do remember several players who were willing to stay for more money!

It will always be the case that some players want to leave, some players are told they can go but want to stay and some players say they want to stay but go take a bigger pay offer anyway.

It's just how football is.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 2257 viewsPrivate_Partz

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:30 - Aug 9 by Catullus

I do remember several players who were willing to stay for more money!

It will always be the case that some players want to leave, some players are told they can go but want to stay and some players say they want to stay but go take a bigger pay offer anyway.

It's just how football is.

Well either we did not try or we wanted them out for whatever reason. I am bemused by it all like the OP. If changes were needed then they should have been done gradually and planned carefully within a reasonable timetable.. It looks like none of this has been considered.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:37 - Aug 9 with 2241 viewsLeonisGod

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:24 - Aug 9 by JackFish

I don't really think we've lost anyone that important, and nor do I think that the number of changes was anything to do with the performance today.

Vorm - widely slated on here last season and most wanted an improvement.
Michu - barely played all season and clearly didn't want to be here. Gylfi is a much better option than the Michu we had last season.
Chico - I don't think we're getting rid, and it looked like he wanted to stay but can't turn down the megabucks from Qatar. Fair enough as long as we get a decent replacement in and don't end up with just Amat or Bartley as first choice.
Pablo - looked decent under Monk in fairness and I'm a bit disappointed that he's not staying, but he's injury prone and inconsistent and only had a year left on his contract.
JDG - Looked like we're sticking with Ki over him, not my preference really and if we could ship Ki off to Villa and use that money to bring JDG back I'd be all for it.
Pozuelo - Meh.
Canas - Looks like he was one of the main troublemakers. Thought he started promisingly but went downhill as the season progressed. No great loss but does need to be replaced.

Agreed, except Vorm. Fab' today showed how we'll miss Vorm's distribution. So many long hopeful punts, so I hope they'll be working on this with him. Vorm didn'tt have a decent season last year, but he nearly always looked to get us playing from the back which is when we look our best.
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:38 - Aug 9 with 2236 viewsCatullus

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:34 - Aug 9 by Private_Partz

Well either we did not try or we wanted them out for whatever reason. I am bemused by it all like the OP. If changes were needed then they should have been done gradually and planned carefully within a reasonable timetable.. It looks like none of this has been considered.

That is fairly impossible. Players deals run down, other players just need getting rid of and some players we want we just can't get.
Football isn't as easy as that, unfortunately. Even the biggest clubs sometimes have mass changes.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:42 - Aug 9 with 2219 viewsDarran

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:34 - Aug 9 by Private_Partz

Partzy you always talk a lot of sense but you should be sharing your criticisms with w*nkers like Michu too.

Personally and as I've said before I can't wait untill a big club sits some over inflated ego in the stand for a season,players have too much pull and others like Chico and Pablo have no ambition.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:03 - Aug 9 with 2147 viewsjaxman

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:37 - Aug 9 by LeonisGod

Agreed, except Vorm. Fab' today showed how we'll miss Vorm's distribution. So many long hopeful punts, so I hope they'll be working on this with him. Vorm didn'tt have a decent season last year, but he nearly always looked to get us playing from the back which is when we look our best.

Yes good distribution is important but why cant we get the ball into the opponents half quicker each time it comes from the back?we were far too slow bringing the ball forward from defence to midfield,rangel failed to get beyond the back line of villareal,time and time again,dyer was missed there today,montero was not given enough support in the first half by taylor,lets hope by sat things will get sorted or we are in deep shite.
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:12 - Aug 9 with 2111 viewsJackFish

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:37 - Aug 9 by LeonisGod

Fair enough. I've only seen him live once at Exeter and his distribution seemed ok, have heard that it's not the best though. Hopefully the rest of his game will offset the loss of Vorm's excellent distribution. I do agree that it was a big asset for us.
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:17 - Aug 9 with 2098 viewsBorojack

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:26 - Aug 9 by Darran

Like who Butt?

Ashley Williams Sunderland this season
Bodde remember Derby tried pretty hard
Rangel wanted to go to Blackpool when they got
were promoted.
When it suits we can dig our heels in.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:20 - Aug 9 with 2082 viewsPrivate_Partz

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 21:38 - Aug 9 by Catullus

That is fairly impossible. Players deals run down, other players just need getting rid of and some players we want we just can't get.
Football isn't as easy as that, unfortunately. Even the biggest clubs sometimes have mass changes.

Don't agree. You rarely see changes like this at other clubs. Unless relegation occurs or you have a surprise promotion and the squad is threadbare. You have to plan players contracts so that there is continuity. I sure that has been our objective for have last few seasons. Until now of course.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:23 - Aug 9 with 2067 viewsDarran

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:17 - Aug 9 by Borojack

were promoted.

Fair point but that's only 3 perhaps we talked them around and perhaps we couldn't talk the others around.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:26 - Aug 9 with 2053 viewsJackFish

were promoted.

They'd have been off if we'd received a bid that matched our valuation of them.
why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:32 - Aug 9 with 2029 viewsDarran

Let's be honest here perhaps some people should start opening they're eyes and ask why two ypung men in their 20s have gone to play in Qatar?

Ambitious as f*ck they are.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:41 - Aug 9 with 1991 viewsLiberty

were promoted.

Neil Taylor to Fulham was a strong possibility at one time.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 23:28 - Aug 9 with 1925 viewsRuDeMan1970

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:12 - Aug 9 by JackFish

Fair enough. I've only seen him live once at Exeter and his distribution seemed ok, have heard that it's not the best though. Hopefully the rest of his game will offset the loss of Vorm's excellent distribution. I do agree that it was a big asset for us.

But Fab didn't play at Exeter! I was there and seem to remember Tremell played most of the game, eventually being replaced by Cornell.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 23:31 - Aug 9 with 1910 viewsskippyjack

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 22:32 - Aug 9 by Darran

Let's be honest here perhaps some people should start opening they're eyes and ask why two ypung men in their 20s have gone to play in Qatar?

Ambitious as f*ck they are.

Money, Sun and laid back training.. modern footballers for you.. (pr*cks.. I'd like to call them).

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 23:45 - Aug 9 with 1872 viewsBorojack

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 23:31 - Aug 9 by skippyjack

Money, Sun and laid back training.. modern footballers for you.. (pr*cks.. I'd like to call them).

Has pablo and Canyas actually gone yet.
If we cant find a CDM Monk should swallow his pride
and think of the club instead of his ego.
How much we getting for Pablo i wonder.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 00:05 - Aug 10 with 1822 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"why did we let so many 1st teamers leave"

I really wants to hear. Monk and the board's honest answer to this. The communication is shocking.

All those threads and posters listing player departures and incomings, trying to convince people that we are in better shape than last year...where are they now?

I think that question is looking answered at the moment.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 00:14 - Aug 10 with 1796 viewsDarran

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 00:05 - Aug 10 by NeiltheTaylor

"why did we let so many 1st teamers leave"

I really wants to hear. Monk and the board's honest answer to this. The communication is shocking.

All those threads and posters listing player departures and incomings, trying to convince people that we are in better shape than last year...where are they now?

I think that question is looking answered at the moment.

Gone are the says where they thanked fans for going to away games. 😂

Seriously though the Pablo thing is f*cking pathetic from the club.

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 00:22 - Aug 10 with 1776 viewsNeiltheTaylor

why did we let so many 1st teamers leave on 00:14 - Aug 10 by Darran

Gone are the says where they thanked fans for going to away games. 😂

Seriously though the Pablo thing is f*cking pathetic from the club.

Even a bad reason would beat no reason at all!

Wish I was over for the fans forum - could be lively! I bet they wish they could postpone it now

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024