Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis or Bony? 22:09 - Aug 9 with 1801 viewsyogibear_412

Became apparent today that when we only have ki and shelvey in the middle we are more vulnerable without someone who can read the game. Eg Leon. With that in mind I can't see how we can play both regularly (bony/gomis) this isn't to say they can't grow into a partnership but maybe we need to go back to basics and play one of them. On today's performance I'd say gomis gets the nod but a raring bony was unplayable at the back end of last season - who would you pick?
Gomis or Bony? on 22:25 - Aug 9 with 1743 viewsjaxman

I would pick bony all day long, a proven goalscorer in prem lge,wins hands down every time for me.
Gomis or Bony? on 22:26 - Aug 9 with 1740 viewsGiff

Totally agree, we can only play one of the front two (not sure which yet). The midfield today was very square and one paced, Gylfi has to be the number 10 and Leon has to play (another defensive midfielder needed quickly). If Rangel is to play it would appear that Dyer has to play as well - they seem to gel better than any other pair on the right
I find that Taylor frustrates me in that he always plays the safe ball, I wish that when he was in the opposition half he would occasionally take on the defence splitting pass that might produce a goal. I appreciate that sometimes it may go wrong, but he would be trying it in the right place and sometimes it would come off.
Gomis or Bony? on 22:28 - Aug 9 with 1723 viewsGiff

Sorry, bit off thread - Bony proven, Gomis better today.
Gomis or Bony? on 22:30 - Aug 9 with 1711 viewscontroversial_jack

Gomis looked far better today. Excellent first touch, great control and vision. Very mobile,will be a great player for us. Didn't realise Bony was on the pitch. Gomis will eclipse Bony this season
Gomis or Bony? on 22:40 - Aug 9 with 1653 viewsRancid

We've been crying out for a real second striker since we arrived up here and it looks like we've got it in Gomis.It's how well Monk uses the 2 but Bony to start every day for me with Gomis starting the cups and coming on for Wilf.Plus there's the ACON to come so plenty of game time to keep both players happy.

It's early days but I'm not sure on them playing together and not because they might not be able to,more the effect it had on our shape and rest of the team.We need Gylffi bang in the middle and behind the striker and not out on the wing and ineffective.
Gomis or Bony? on 22:49 - Aug 9 with 1610 viewsAquinas

Said this on another thread but why can't Gomis play wing? Fast, enjoys running at defenders. If the ball is on the opposite wing he can be an aerial option back post as an alternative to Bony in the 6 yard box.

If either Dyer or Routs are out, i can't see who would be better suited to playing that role (on today's performance at least) than Gomis.
Gomis or Bony? on 22:59 - Aug 9 with 1571 viewsnyc_swans

Gomis looks good, but I can't believe anyone would choose him over Wilf just based on the preseason.

the only way I would say to start Gomis would be if Wilf is still gaining fitness after the world cup. if not, start Bony, and depending on the situation bring on Gomis for the final 25 mins against Man U.
Gomis or Bony? on 01:45 - Aug 10 with 1402 viewsDavillin

I thought Ki did O.K. today, all things considered [and I admit to not heretofore having been his most enthusiastic fan]..

I agree that we do need Leon back.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis or Bony? on 05:01 - Aug 10 with 1334 viewsHip

Bony until the transfer window is close..
Gomis or Bony? on 07:00 - Aug 10 with 1292 viewsjackal

Bony up front with Gomis behind in the number 10 role. Drop one of the midfielders. Gomis was the only decent player for us today. Went to the game, happy and confident and came away worried and depressed. A quick well done to Villareal. I thought that they were excellent.
Gomis or Bony? (n/t) on 07:17 - Aug 10 with 1272 viewsjackal

Gomis or Bony? on 07:18 - Aug 10 with 1269 viewsjackal

Just to clarify above ,meant to say bring Dyer in
Gomis or Bony? on 08:48 - Aug 10 with 1148 viewsSwanaldinho

Gomis or Bony? on 07:18 - Aug 10 by jackal

Just to clarify above ,meant to say bring Dyer in

I don't think there is much between the strikers hey both offer something a little different. One thing is for sure though it does not benefit us to have them both on the pitch unless we are chasing the game.

As many people rightly say - Gylfi must play in the middle and we must go back to our usual system. Playing Gylfi in the No10 position will win us games.

It's a major headache as both strikers are starters and neither will be happy sitting on the bench.

It may be worth starting with Bony or he will start pushing for a move but as somebody else already said - I think Gomis will be the biggest hit this year.
Gomis or Bony? on 14:26 - Aug 10 with 1050 viewsDJack

Gomis or Bony? on 01:45 - Aug 10 by Davillin

I thought Ki did O.K. today, all things considered [and I admit to not heretofore having been his most enthusiastic fan]..

I agree that we do need Leon back.

I'm struggling to work out the reason why Dailew "downarrowed" your comment.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gomis or Bony? on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 1026 viewsDavillin

Gomis or Bony? on 14:26 - Aug 10 by DJack

I'm struggling to work out the reason why Dailew "downarrowed" your comment.

That's his sacred mission in life -- down-arrowing posts on PlanetSwans.

I'm not the only recipient of his largesse, by any means. And he's coming for YOU.

Gomis or Bony? on 14:33 - Aug 10 with 1019 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis or Bony? on 22:49 - Aug 9 by Aquinas

Said this on another thread but why can't Gomis play wing? Fast, enjoys running at defenders. If the ball is on the opposite wing he can be an aerial option back post as an alternative to Bony in the 6 yard box.

If either Dyer or Routs are out, i can't see who would be better suited to playing that role (on today's performance at least) than Gomis.

He doesn't look like he could play on the wing to me. Looks an out and out striker and most comfortable playing through the middle as the lone striker (number 9 position). He'd never offer the same wing play including defensive duties that someone like Dyer would offer. I'd rather have Emnes on the wing if Dyer and Routs are out. Square pegs in round holes and all that.
Gomis or Bony? on 14:41 - Aug 10 with 1003 viewsDavillin

Gomis or Bony? on 14:33 - Aug 10 by LeonisGod

He doesn't look like he could play on the wing to me. Looks an out and out striker and most comfortable playing through the middle as the lone striker (number 9 position). He'd never offer the same wing play including defensive duties that someone like Dyer would offer. I'd rather have Emnes on the wing if Dyer and Routs are out. Square pegs in round holes and all that.

I forget now which former manager used to go out of his way to put square pegs in round holes. Many posters were very annoyed with that.

Any number of players played musical chairs, all to end up "out of position," instead of just one to come in and everybody else to stay put..

Gomis or Bony? on 14:58 - Aug 10 with 972 viewshobo

Bony. Gomis to come on as sub, and to replace Wilf when he goes to the African Nations
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024