Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? 13:37 - Aug 18 with 2239 viewsclarkestattoo

Who'd have thought it - we now have a 25 man squad (not including Waddington and Telford). Time to ship out the likes of McKenzie, Grant, Barkhuizen and Dunne so we can bring a few more in?

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:17 - Aug 18 with 2197 viewsFY4MIKEH

I'd keep Barks. Yes ship the others out.
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:25 - Aug 18 with 2188 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Have either of you actually seen Dunne play?
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:37 - Aug 18 with 2174 viewsKOSBowlCut

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:25 - Aug 18 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

Have either of you actually seen Dunne play?

Haven't seen Dunne play but I'd say he needs some playing time and can't see him getting that with Joan and Dielna in that position.

Would sooner get a couple of Prem loans in and ship those four out (I'd probably include Davies as well).

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 15:41 - Aug 18 with 2135 viewsAlfHooker

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:17 - Aug 18 by FY4MIKEH

I'd keep Barks. Yes ship the others out.

Barks is quick, can beat a man , cross the ball and score goals.
Lets ship him out and play central midfielders/strikers out wide.
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 19:28 - Aug 18 with 2036 viewsBFC_Tim

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 15:41 - Aug 18 by AlfHooker

Barks is quick, can beat a man , cross the ball and score goals.
Lets ship him out and play central midfielders/strikers out wide.

Nice position to be in - you get the feeling that Jose doesn't fancy any of the players mentioned or he'd have started them against Burnley!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 19:31 - Aug 18 with 2034 viewsWizaard

When we were scratching around and still Dunne didn't get on, nor Barks, you have to think they're surplus to requirements.

I believe we've more triallists knocking about still, so maybe more signings to follow.
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 20:29 - Aug 18 with 2014 viewsCagey

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 19:31 - Aug 18 by Wizaard

When we were scratching around and still Dunne didn't get on, nor Barks, you have to think they're surplus to requirements.

I believe we've more triallists knocking about still, so maybe more signings to follow.

Dunne needs playing time. Why not loan him out for a few months to div 1 or Div 2 side. He was supposed to be ok before he got the bad injury at Wycombe.
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 20:43 - Aug 18 with 1999 viewshills98

I still think grant isn't a bad player. Played centre mid at Penrith and played some tremendously well weighted passes for the forwards. Reminded me of what wellens used to do. He can shoot too. Strangely not a left winger for me which is where he has mostly played.

Although he also should have been sent off for trying to kick a Penrith player in the face but I'll gloss over that :)
Login to get fewer ads

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 00:09 - Aug 19 with 1913 viewsSeasider91

I would certainly ship Grant and Dunne out on loan pronto. Sell Mackenzie.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 10:15 - Aug 19 with 1827 views1953Original

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 00:09 - Aug 19 by Seasider91

I would certainly ship Grant and Dunne out on loan pronto. Sell Mackenzie.

These 'knee' injuries to Grant and McKenzie seem a bit convenient - especially as when Grant was saying how fit he was over summer!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:16 - Aug 19 with 1780 viewsAVFTTConvert

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 10:15 - Aug 19 by 1953Original

These 'knee' injuries to Grant and McKenzie seem a bit convenient - especially as when Grant was saying how fit he was over summer!

I think well all get a sense that Barkhuizen isn't quite good enough (a sort of Blinkhorn from the old days) - he didn't really even cut it at Hereford. Think it was a quick decision on both sides when he signed.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:43 - Aug 19 with 1772 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

They loved him at Hereford and I think he was their top scorer - wasn't he 17 or 18 at the time? Needs a chance, but might find it difficult unless he does some remarkable things in training.
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 22:12 - Aug 19 with 1728 viewsAlfHooker

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 14:16 - Aug 19 by AVFTTConvert

I think well all get a sense that Barkhuizen isn't quite good enough (a sort of Blinkhorn from the old days) - he didn't really even cut it at Hereford. Think it was a quick decision on both sides when he signed.

It was a quick decision by the club to activate the option; Barks had no say.
At Hereford he was the top score with a dozen or so in a team that got relegated, and the top scorer in the division on a shots to goals ratio (I think it was OneDaveBamber who said that).
I'd still have him ahead of some of the current squad and I think he's also our current longest serving player, which says it all.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 22:14]
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 08:56 - Aug 20 with 1662 viewsBFC_Tim

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 22:12 - Aug 19 by AlfHooker

It was a quick decision by the club to activate the option; Barks had no say.
At Hereford he was the top score with a dozen or so in a team that got relegated, and the top scorer in the division on a shots to goals ratio (I think it was OneDaveBamber who said that).
I'd still have him ahead of some of the current squad and I think he's also our current longest serving player, which says it all.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2014 22:14]

After last night I'd be driving Lundstram back to Everton on the sale of dodgy goods act!

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 09:00 - Aug 20 with 1660 viewswespens

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 08:56 - Aug 20 by BFC_Tim

After last night I'd be driving Lundstram back to Everton on the sale of dodgy goods act!

I actually thought Perkins was the worst if the two.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 08:54 - Aug 21 with 1586 viewsSTHolder

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 09:00 - Aug 20 by wespens

I actually thought Perkins was the worst if the two.

Well we clearly need 3 or 4 more and so we will have to ship some out - of those in the squad who are redundant McKenzie is probably the highest earner and the first I'd ship out!!
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 11:22 - Aug 30 with 1497 viewssteve_g

You get the feeling that Karl will want a few out before he allows a few in!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 23:35 - Aug 30 with 1425 viewsTheGhost

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 11:22 - Aug 30 by steve_g

You get the feeling that Karl will want a few out before he allows a few in!!

If only someone was willing to pay the wages we were stupid enough to pay for McKenzie.
25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 09:44 - Aug 31 with 1390 viewswespens

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 23:35 - Aug 30 by TheGhost

If only someone was willing to pay the wages we were stupid enough to pay for McKenzie.

Think we'd accept a contribution but there again we're not over blessed for players in that position.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 09:46 - Aug 31 with 1389 viewsBFC_Tim

Problem is some of those I'd ship out are Riga's signings - you can't tell me the likes of Zenjov and Rentmeister will get us out of this mess?

25 man squad - time to ship a few out? on 08:58 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsbrassedoff

Your problem is where would some of these players go? Rochdale might take back Grant and Wycombe could have Dunne but I really can't see who else would be shopping around Bloomfield Road for one of our squad at the moment!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024