Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One way ticket for Bart! 19:25 - Sep 3 with 704 viewsAVFTT

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/36071
One way ticket for Bart! on 19:41 - Sep 3 with 691 viewswe_are_Superior

Anyone else predicting this could be the beginning of the end for Riga. Agree entirely with the article. What exactly is there for him to return for? Just seems ridiculous state of affairs and one that will not be resolved with KO's ham fisted attitude.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

One way ticket for Bart! on 07:50 - Sep 4 with 653 viewsbrassedoff

One way ticket for Bart! on 19:41 - Sep 3 by we_are_Superior

Anyone else predicting this could be the beginning of the end for Riga. Agree entirely with the article. What exactly is there for him to return for? Just seems ridiculous state of affairs and one that will not be resolved with KO's ham fisted attitude.

Interesting tweet from a Belgian journo

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

One way ticket for Bart! on 11:15 - Sep 4 with 630 viewsscratchingshed

One way ticket for Bart! on 07:50 - Sep 4 by brassedoff

Interesting tweet from a Belgian journo

So Bart has gone Davies and Lewis both want away our ex secretary stepped down 2 divisions just to get away, Gilks left to be a No2 at another club and various players left to play lower league football rather than face a 40% wage reduction.

If Riga hasn't gone by the Wolves game I'll eat my hat.

One way ticket for Bart! on 11:32 - Sep 4 with 625 viewsLytham_FY8

We're not even a football club anymore are we?

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

One way ticket for Bart! on 12:08 - Sep 4 with 613 viewsblackpool

One way ticket for Bart! on 11:32 - Sep 4 by Lytham_FY8

We're not even a football club anymore are we?

William Watt ‏@WillWatt 1m
Just spoken to Bart De Roover, some very interesting points. He wanted to clear up that he hasn't been paid a penny by Blackpool.
One way ticket for Bart! on 12:19 - Sep 4 with 606 viewsceecyder

Absolutely emabarrasing and disgusting situation....
I support Barts position and decision, the man cannot live on no wage!

As for Jose Riga....well, I hope he doesnt give in just yet, although I wouldnt be suprised to see him go if he got a good offer.
I believe he may be "made of sterner stuff" and will not want to give in to our clown of a Chairman.
I am a contractor; I'd have gone same as Bart.... (and have done in the past)
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 12:20]
One way ticket for Bart! on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 573 viewsLytham_FY8

I'd walk if I were Riga.

We're not a club anyone wants to work for.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

One way ticket for Bart! on 14:02 - Sep 4 with 562 viewsseasider13

Just when you think weve reached rock bottom another self inflicted wound rears its ugly head.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Login to get fewer ads

One way ticket for Bart! on 15:02 - Sep 4 with 544 viewsTwoPhillips

One way ticket for Bart! on 14:02 - Sep 4 by seasider13

Just when you think weve reached rock bottom another self inflicted wound rears its ugly head.

This s a transcript of a Radio Lancs interview

I was in Blackpool the last week of June and for two months without any contract. The circumstances, and I mean the training facilities, were not totally like I expected, So September was, at a certain moment, my deadline. Then I didn’t have a contract so I left the club.

Had you been thinking about it for a number of weeks?

Before, because there was nothing to talk about the contract first of all. Secondly the training facilities were not coming. But I stayed to work for the club, the fans but especially for José Riga who is not only a big gaffer, a good coach, also as a person a very good character. And my respect for the players. So you say, “Come on, let’s go for it together.”

Why did you not have a contract?

Maybe we ask other persons about it but there were some options, some paragraphs, and I couldn’t agree with that. It’s not only from yesterday, we talked about it a lot of times, “Let’s change that or I don’t sign.” And I am very honest and very decent and if I say it has to be fixed or I go, I go.

Did you speak to the chairman last week to say this is the cut-off point, I need to agree a contract by 1 September or I’m leaving?

You know, working for two months without contract, without asking, the question is not worth it. To talk about that,. Normally if you go to a club, in the club you talk about contracts, about circumstances and you go for it or you don’t go for it. I was waiting for two months … For myself 1 September was the deadline but normally it was 1 August. But I stayed there for Jose and for the players and the fans.

At any point since June did Blackpool football club pay you?

No

So you’ve been working for free for the last three months?

Exactly.

That’s some commitment.

I think that’s a big loyalty to Blackpool. I loved training sessions, the players. We did the maximum. We start with five players on training. Then every week there were players coming but not signed, not signed. At the end we don’t know, first game we are looking for players to be on the bench. Come on! Are we working at a professional club?

In your opinion, what is the biggest problem at Blackpool that they are losing all of their games?

Don’t blame the group at the moment because first of all they are not totally ready. And they don’t know each other, they are not connected yet. But it’s normal. Only one week of training before the game at Millwall. For me it’s already some differences to previous games but what is the biggest problem? Let them train for a few weeks together, know each other and normally you need six weeks preparation. Why do most professional clubs start at the end of June or 1 July? To have some preparation. We didn’t have any preparation so you start now your preparation? But the league is already five weeks, five competition games. So it’s too late.

Are the players good enough Bart?

The championship is still young, 43 games to go. There’s a lot of quality. If it’s enough I don’t know. It’s my first year in the championship, I don’t know. But I’m pretty sure that with the work we do we could make still a lot of progression that’s a sure. It’s not up to me now to decide if the group is good enough. We needed some positional surplus, they can bring more and [get] the players we need.

What was Jose Riga’s reaction when you told him you are going?

He was a little bit disappointed that we could not work together any more. Jose was always busy with the training sessions, we were talking about it with the staff everyday, always looking for players. But he was occupied or very busy with other stuff around. Okay it’s the task of the gaffer I know. We nearly couldn’t talk about tactics or techniques about the game, he was always at something else.

How frustrated is he at the moment Bart?

Jose is working like a real professional.

Do you think he’ll be working at Blackpool for a long time?

I don’t know. You have to ask Jose himself. I couldn’t tell you more. It’s enough that Jose is a very qualified manager, he’s a good coach, a good analyst, a very good person also in his relation to his players, he knows when to go to go hard or to go a little more easily, has very good experience. He’s a real professional

In the football club’s you have worked in, how different is Blackpool in being run as a club to every other you have been to?

Normally there is in all the clubs good communication. We go for that system, we go for that player, you are talking about that. But we weren’t able to talk about that. So if there is a player coming, everybody has to agree, has to talk about it, and it has to … Some things are happening that I can’t understand

What in particular?

Decisions. But I don’t go into detail now, I made a decision and I wish Blackpool, certainly the players and gaffer and club and fans, all the best to the season. Really. But I’m gone. It’s a club that has certainly possibilities but it’s difficult to get them, actually.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

One way ticket for Bart! on 15:37 - Sep 4 with 535 viewsMephistopheles

One way ticket for Bart! on 15:02 - Sep 4 by TwoPhillips

This s a transcript of a Radio Lancs interview

I was in Blackpool the last week of June and for two months without any contract. The circumstances, and I mean the training facilities, were not totally like I expected, So September was, at a certain moment, my deadline. Then I didn’t have a contract so I left the club.

Had you been thinking about it for a number of weeks?

Before, because there was nothing to talk about the contract first of all. Secondly the training facilities were not coming. But I stayed to work for the club, the fans but especially for José Riga who is not only a big gaffer, a good coach, also as a person a very good character. And my respect for the players. So you say, “Come on, let’s go for it together.”

Why did you not have a contract?

Maybe we ask other persons about it but there were some options, some paragraphs, and I couldn’t agree with that. It’s not only from yesterday, we talked about it a lot of times, “Let’s change that or I don’t sign.” And I am very honest and very decent and if I say it has to be fixed or I go, I go.

Did you speak to the chairman last week to say this is the cut-off point, I need to agree a contract by 1 September or I’m leaving?

You know, working for two months without contract, without asking, the question is not worth it. To talk about that,. Normally if you go to a club, in the club you talk about contracts, about circumstances and you go for it or you don’t go for it. I was waiting for two months … For myself 1 September was the deadline but normally it was 1 August. But I stayed there for Jose and for the players and the fans.

At any point since June did Blackpool football club pay you?

No

So you’ve been working for free for the last three months?

Exactly.

That’s some commitment.

I think that’s a big loyalty to Blackpool. I loved training sessions, the players. We did the maximum. We start with five players on training. Then every week there were players coming but not signed, not signed. At the end we don’t know, first game we are looking for players to be on the bench. Come on! Are we working at a professional club?

In your opinion, what is the biggest problem at Blackpool that they are losing all of their games?

Don’t blame the group at the moment because first of all they are not totally ready. And they don’t know each other, they are not connected yet. But it’s normal. Only one week of training before the game at Millwall. For me it’s already some differences to previous games but what is the biggest problem? Let them train for a few weeks together, know each other and normally you need six weeks preparation. Why do most professional clubs start at the end of June or 1 July? To have some preparation. We didn’t have any preparation so you start now your preparation? But the league is already five weeks, five competition games. So it’s too late.

Are the players good enough Bart?

The championship is still young, 43 games to go. There’s a lot of quality. If it’s enough I don’t know. It’s my first year in the championship, I don’t know. But I’m pretty sure that with the work we do we could make still a lot of progression that’s a sure. It’s not up to me now to decide if the group is good enough. We needed some positional surplus, they can bring more and [get] the players we need.

What was Jose Riga’s reaction when you told him you are going?

He was a little bit disappointed that we could not work together any more. Jose was always busy with the training sessions, we were talking about it with the staff everyday, always looking for players. But he was occupied or very busy with other stuff around. Okay it’s the task of the gaffer I know. We nearly couldn’t talk about tactics or techniques about the game, he was always at something else.

How frustrated is he at the moment Bart?

Jose is working like a real professional.

Do you think he’ll be working at Blackpool for a long time?

I don’t know. You have to ask Jose himself. I couldn’t tell you more. It’s enough that Jose is a very qualified manager, he’s a good coach, a good analyst, a very good person also in his relation to his players, he knows when to go to go hard or to go a little more easily, has very good experience. He’s a real professional

In the football club’s you have worked in, how different is Blackpool in being run as a club to every other you have been to?

Normally there is in all the clubs good communication. We go for that system, we go for that player, you are talking about that. But we weren’t able to talk about that. So if there is a player coming, everybody has to agree, has to talk about it, and it has to … Some things are happening that I can’t understand

What in particular?

Decisions. But I don’t go into detail now, I made a decision and I wish Blackpool, certainly the players and gaffer and club and fans, all the best to the season. Really. But I’m gone. It’s a club that has certainly possibilities but it’s difficult to get them, actually.

Yet some will still maintain Riga shares blame in all this.

Utterly astonishing
One way ticket for Bart! on 07:39 - Sep 5 with 473 viewstangerinedom

One way ticket for Bart! on 15:37 - Sep 4 by Mephistopheles

Yet some will still maintain Riga shares blame in all this.

Utterly astonishing

"Let them train for a few weeks together, know each other and normally you need six weeks preparation. Why do most professional clubs start at the end of June or 1 July? "

In many ways that gives me some hope plus fans who've seen every game say they have seen gradual improvement. That said, I can't help but feel a change of manager is on the way and that could throw the proverbial spanner in the works!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024