Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it 18:51 - Sep 10 with 4696 viewsJackSwanTV

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:08 - Sep 10 with 3030 viewsexiledclaseboy

Depends whether you take any pride in it or not. Also not much point proof reading if the proof reader can't spell.

Poll: Tory leader

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:12 - Sep 10 with 3013 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The type of people who read it likely struggle with spelling themselves so it's not really a big problem.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:12 - Sep 10 with 3013 viewsJackfath

How any publication can go out to the general public with spelling mistakes in it and the author think that it is ok, is beyond me.

Society is broken.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:14 - Sep 10 with 3008 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:12 - Sep 10 by Jackfath

How any publication can go out to the general public with spelling mistakes in it and the author think that it is ok, is beyond me.

Society is broken.

I've seen books with similar basic errors. Actual published books. Some of them written by former "football hooligans", granted. But still.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:14 - Sep 10 with 3007 viewshooplehead

Heinous grammatical error in thread title.
Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:15 - Sep 10 with 3003 viewsJackfath

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:14 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

I've seen books with similar basic errors. Actual published books. Some of them written by former "football hooligans", granted. But still.

The dilution of society in 2014.

I may write a paper on it (if I can get someone to proof read it prior to publication)

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:16 - Sep 10 with 2999 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I was reading the Swansea City match-day programme while sitting inside one of the executive boxes in Old Trafford yesterday and noticed numerous mistakes. In one sentence they referred to Gylfi as Icelandic and then in the same paragraph they then called him a Finn. I was shocked.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:21 - Sep 10 with 2991 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:16 - Sep 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was reading the Swansea City match-day programme while sitting inside one of the executive boxes in Old Trafford yesterday and noticed numerous mistakes. In one sentence they referred to Gylfi as Icelandic and then in the same paragraph they then called him a Finn. I was shocked.

That's not a grammatical error though, just stupidity. I often see signs in shops with some of the most ridiculously placed apostrophes outside of this site.

Login to get fewer ads

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:23 - Sep 10 with 2974 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:21 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

That's not a grammatical error though, just stupidity. I often see signs in shops with some of the most ridiculously placed apostrophes outside of this site.

You'd expect the editor and numerous others to notice such an obvious mistake before it's sent to print though.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:24 - Sep 10 with 2975 viewsJackfath

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:21 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

And on shop fronts. I noticed one the other day. I'll remember it later on.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:24 - Sep 10 with 2977 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:23 - Sep 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You'd expect the editor and numerous others to notice such an obvious mistake before it's sent to print though.

You certainly would yes. Especially in a professional publication like that.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:25 - Sep 10 with 2966 viewsicecoldjack

It's fine as it is Jackswan
Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:27 - Sep 10 with 2964 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:24 - Sep 10 by Jackfath

And on shop fronts. I noticed one the other day. I'll remember it later on.

"Wide bay's are reserved for disabled customers"

Wide bay's what?

"In the interest of our customer's safety, no dogs are allowed on the premises."

Just the one customer then?

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:27 - Sep 10 with 2964 viewsjackonicko

If you can't be bothered to read it before publishing, why should I bother after?
Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:31 - Sep 10 with 2933 viewsJackfath

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:27 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

"Wide bay's are reserved for disabled customers"

Wide bay's what?

"In the interest of our customer's safety, no dogs are allowed on the premises."

Just the one customer then?

When they built Wickes on Carmarthen road the car park painters added some sings in the car park. The ran a story on it. Well done avid reader Mr. A. Pendleberry.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:33 - Sep 10 with 2921 viewsWarwickHunt

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:31 - Sep 10 by Jackfath

When they built Wickes on Carmarthen road the car park painters added some sings in the car park. The ran a story on it. Well done avid reader Mr. A. Pendleberry.

Have another go.
Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:35 - Sep 10 with 2914 viewsJackfath

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:33 - Sep 10 by WarwickHunt

Have another go.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 2895 viewsmorningstar

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:14 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

Didn't have you down as collector of the Soul crew compilation!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:44 - Sep 10 with 2893 viewsmorningstar

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:35 - Sep 10 by Jackfath

I thought you didn't do smileys?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 19:45]

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:51 - Sep 10 with 2875 viewsJackfath

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:44 - Sep 10 by morningstar

I thought you didn't do smileys?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 19:45]

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 20:06 - Sep 10 with 2850 viewsloughor_jack

Hasn't anybody noticed the grammatical error in the title of this thread?

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 20:08 - Sep 10 with 2846 viewsmorningstar

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 19:51 - Sep 10 by Jackfath

A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response.

Bless you! (adds smiley)

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 20:09 - Sep 10 with 2841 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 20:06 - Sep 10 by loughor_jack

Hasn't anybody noticed the grammatical error in the title of this thread?

Which one? There are two. Three if you want to be really pedantic about it.

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 20:15 - Sep 10 with 2831 viewsDarran

I know Fanzines aren't meant to be serious but Jack Swan just isn't very good.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it on 20:39 - Sep 10 with 2783 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Arguably the best fanzine in the Premier League has to be United We Stand.

http://www.uwsonline.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024