Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Bolton as a force? 17:54 - Sep 15 with 1826 viewstangerinedom

£52 million in debt - believe they are awful so far - would relegation be the end for them as a top two tier club?
End of Bolton as a force? on 18:16 - Sep 15 with 1808 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

"End" is a big word. But relegation would be an absolute disaster for them in the short term. I'd spend the summer eating jelly and ice cream if they went.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

End of Bolton as a force? on 19:24 - Sep 15 with 1757 viewsscu70

End of Bolton as a force? on 18:16 - Sep 15 by basilrobbiereborn

"End" is a big word. But relegation would be an absolute disaster for them in the short term. I'd spend the summer eating jelly and ice cream if they went.

They've been poor for a few seasons now.i don't think they have the money to sack Freedman who is doing a poor job.it makes you sit up and realise what a fantastically well run club we are.id much prefer to be in our shoes than theirs.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 19:26]
End of Bolton as a force? on 19:32 - Sep 15 with 1752 viewsSeasider91

They will certainly be in trouble financially. Their wage bill would have to be trimmed drastically to meet the ffp rules of that league for sure.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

End of Bolton as a force? on 20:38 - Sep 15 with 1711 viewsPoolseasider

I thought they where more in debt than 52mill?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 20:40]
End of Bolton as a force? on 20:44 - Sep 15 with 1700 viewsFY4MIKEH

End of Bolton as a force? on 20:38 - Sep 15 by Poolseasider

Freedman has been a nightmare for them. They will sack him soon, and then they will rise up the league I'm afraid.
End of Bolton as a force? on 20:48 - Sep 15 with 1694 viewsMephistopheles

End of Bolton as a force? on 20:38 - Sep 15 by Poolseasider

Yeah it's more like £165m I believe.

Despicable either way...
End of Bolton as a force? on 21:19 - Sep 15 with 1670 views911_Kirky

Good mate of mine is a Bolton fan and there's talk of administration..... But I can only see that happening if the owner calls in his loans.
End of Bolton as a force? on 21:46 - Sep 15 with 1657 viewsPoolseasider

That's the rub they are in debt but to the owner and if he calls it in whatever the figure around 150m they have a problem .
He loves the club and can't ever get his cash back until they get back to the greed league.
The longer they stay in the Champ they are doomed unless the owner want's to throw even more cash at it.
Login to get fewer ads

End of Bolton as a force? on 08:41 - Sep 16 with 1595 viewsOrioltwins

End of Bolton as a force? on 21:46 - Sep 15 by Poolseasider

That's the rub they are in debt but to the owner and if he calls it in whatever the figure around 150m they have a problem .
He loves the club and can't ever get his cash back until they get back to the greed league.
The longer they stay in the Champ they are doomed unless the owner want's to throw even more cash at it.

Hard to believe all those years in the Prem and still in that much debt! Au Revoir Les Trotters - long as they take one of the three relegation places .. stuff 'em!!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

End of Bolton as a force? on 20:18 - Sep 17 with 1233 viewscrewcut

So exactly when were Bolton a force? It seems to have slipped my memory.
End of Bolton as a force? on 20:24 - Sep 17 with 1231 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

End of Bolton as a force? on 20:18 - Sep 17 by crewcut

So exactly when were Bolton a force? It seems to have slipped my memory.

It's a fair question crew, but they did have a spell when they were the best part of a decade in the PL (I think), which is a far cry from battling out an LDV (or whatever it was) Northern Final with us. That's being "a force" by comparison, I think.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

End of Bolton as a force? on 23:10 - Sep 17 with 1208 viewsOrioltwins

End of Bolton as a force? on 20:24 - Sep 17 by basilrobbiereborn

It's a fair question crew, but they did have a spell when they were the best part of a decade in the PL (I think), which is a far cry from battling out an LDV (or whatever it was) Northern Final with us. That's being "a force" by comparison, I think.

They did what we did at the end if the game .. only difference is they had someone to out the ball in the next ... 3 times!!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

End of Bolton as a force? on 19:16 - Sep 28 with 1132 viewsSTHolder

You'd think we were having the best season ever in comparison to what's going on at the Macron?! They want the Chairman, manager and players to leave and they don't have a positive bank account! Quite amusing really!
End of Bolton as a force? on 15:34 - Sep 29 with 1081 viewsBFC_Tim

Bolton have massive problems and actually puts ours in perspective. Isn't their money bags owner from Blackpool? Either way if he ever calls in the debt that could be the end!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

End of Bolton as a force? on 15:51 - Sep 29 with 1070 viewsMr_Brightside

Interesting one on Wednesday Fulham v Bolton - be lovely if we could pull off the surprise win of the season at Boro and make that game a little bit more interesting from our perspective!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

End of Bolton as a force? on 21:41 - Oct 26 with 1006 viewsHappy_Satsuma

End of Bolton as a force? on 15:51 - Sep 29 by Mr_Brightside

Interesting one on Wednesday Fulham v Bolton - be lovely if we could pull off the surprise win of the season at Boro and make that game a little bit more interesting from our perspective!

Goes to show what a good manager can do - my mate is a Bolton fan who's been with me a couple of times to watch Blackpool this season and always maintained the Trotters were twice as bad as we were and he says that yesterday Lennon had them playing out of their skins. Maybe goes to show what a managerial change could achieve? Although as others have said we'd probably end up with Cynthia Lennon!!!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

End of Bolton as a force? on 08:43 - Oct 27 with 957 viewsKOSBowlCut

I liked what Lennon said when he arrived. He had a very focused plan with what he wanted to do from the start and immediately changed the ethos of the players. That is who we need if Riga goes.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

End of Bolton as a force? on 11:21 - Oct 30 with 935 viewstangerinedom

End of Bolton as a force? on 08:43 - Oct 27 by KOSBowlCut

I liked what Lennon said when he arrived. He had a very focused plan with what he wanted to do from the start and immediately changed the ethos of the players. That is who we need if Riga goes.

Weird how nothing like this has ever happened to us!!

The Bolton chairman, Phil Gartside, has played down reports the club's in discussions with a Thai consortium over a 40 million pound takeover of the Championship club.

Gartside has told The Bolton News apparent interest from Thai groups BEC-Tero and Siam Sports Syndicate are a "surprise" to him, but hasn't ruled out selling the club - if a suitable offer and buyer came forward.
End of Bolton as a force? on 11:29 - Oct 30 with 929 viewsMr_Brightside

Isn't it more like £150m in debt and who would buy a side that much in debt?!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

End of Bolton as a force? on 10:20 - Nov 3 with 868 viewsthebigone

The Bolton chairman Phil Gartside is currently in Thailand having talks about a potential takeover from a Thai conglomerate.

Reports last week previously linked Thai entertainment company BEC-Tero and Siam Sport Syndicate with a joint bid

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

End of Bolton as a force? on 16:37 - Nov 3 with 814 viewswespens

They've sold out their allocation for the game in two weeks time so you can ask them yourself because I bet a few hundred find their way in to our end?

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

End of Bolton as a force? on 17:47 - Nov 3 with 790 viewsseasider13

Heres to a summer of jelly and ice cream then,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

End of Bolton as a force? on 09:02 - Nov 10 with 710 viewswe_are_Superior

If in two weeks time they don't beat us then you know they're in trouble 😳
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 9:02]

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

End of Bolton as a force? on 21:09 - Nov 23 with 621 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Anyone else feel they were the worst team we'd played in ages!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024