Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My fix of football 20:22 - Oct 5 with 3127 viewsSalwaDale

Finally managed to attend a football match in Kuwait today, Al Qadsia v Al Jahra. Qadsia are the team owned by the Nottm Forest guy. Small crowd as people over here far more bothered about Arsenal, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. Great atmosphere tjough, one guy with a megaphone and a few fellas with drums leading the noise. Was superb. Standard probably Conference/Conference North.

Missing Dale loads but this did give me a small fix.

TBBT

My fix of football on 20:27 - Oct 5 with 3106 viewsdalebolt

Can we not have a tazzy style review?
My fix of football on 20:44 - Oct 5 with 3071 viewsSuddenLad

What were the pies like ? What drinks were(n't) available ? Was the referee as bad as we get ?

Who won man of the match ? Come on, we demand to know !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

My fix of football on 20:45 - Oct 5 with 3067 views442Dale

Was it a draw?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

My fix of football on 20:49 - Oct 5 with 3052 viewsBartRowou

If Forest continue this amazing unbeaten run, the premier league will beckon and all Kuwaitis will be singing City Ground to the tune of Mull of Kintyre.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 20:49]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

My fix of football on 20:52 - Oct 5 with 3039 viewsSalwaDale

No pies, about £12.50 to get three of us in. Ref sent someone off but had to borrow a card from the 4th official. We arrived at 17:47. 3-0 to Qadsia, ex Portsmouth signing Daniel Subotic with one of the goals.

TBBT

My fix of football on 23:27 - Oct 5 with 2908 viewsYorkshire_Dale

My fix of football on 20:52 - Oct 5 by SalwaDale

No pies, about £12.50 to get three of us in. Ref sent someone off but had to borrow a card from the 4th official. We arrived at 17:47. 3-0 to Qadsia, ex Portsmouth signing Daniel Subotic with one of the goals.

Did your manage to get an Guiness though?
My fix of football on 00:07 - Oct 6 with 2881 viewsArthurDaley

Your kidding us, your in Nottingham. You have just published the book on Dale.
Tony Browns (Bushy Tash)

Just published and available from

Tony Brown, 4 Adrian Close, Toton, Nottingham, NG9 6FL
tel 0115 973 6086
e-mail soccer@innotts.co.uk
web www.soccerdata.com

Cost is £12.50 plus £1.50 postage

146 pages and loads of individual photos plus team photos for 1949, 1959, 1961/2, 1966/7, 1971/2

The front cover includes a team photo on a 'cold day' in January 1962 (snow on the ground!!)

Those who of us who have bought Stephen's previous books on Dale will know what an amazing amount of research he puts in - we really are fortunate as so many other league clubs get little of their history published

In this period our greatest player Reg Jenkins played for Dale and Fred Radcliffe arrived at Spotland (the Football League's youngest chairman) and appointed Harry Catterick (later Everton) as one of our managers

Our penultimate game of the 1971/72 season was away to promoted Brighton and watched by over 34000 (Nine days later at Spotland against Port Vale, for our final game, the crowd was 2475 !!)

The book really is great value for money and anybody who follows the Dale and takes an interest in its history and our ex-players should buy a copy

Volume 1 which covers the period 1907 to 1939 is still available from Tony Brown at the same price

Hopefully Steven is already working on the period 1973 onwards as I for one cannot wait for it to be published

A large VAT Dave

My fix of football on 02:03 - Oct 6 with 2861 viewsShun

Did they have a McDonalds?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024