Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cost Of Football 07:57 - Oct 15 with 8424 viewsPhil_S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29614980
The Cost Of Football on 20:36 - Oct 15 with 1305 viewsGram2086

I can't remember the last time we heard of any challenge to Club policy from the Trust. There have been no recent public declarations of the Trust's attempts to influence policy nor any statements from the Trust Director as to how he has been striving to fight the corner of its members. It's become all too cozy and comfortable. What is the Trust's policy on ticket prices anyway?
The Cost Of Football on 20:39 - Oct 15 with 1294 viewsLeonisGod

The Cost Of Football on 19:50 - Oct 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't believe our matchday tickets are £23.

If you can commit = season ticket.
The Cost Of Football on 20:49 - Oct 15 with 1266 viewsTheFranchise

I missed out on renewing my season tickets a few seasons ago, our single match ticket prices are very difficult to justify since promotion.

I'll go back when someone sees sense or we get relegated.
The Cost Of Football on 20:51 - Oct 15 with 1260 viewsDr_Winston

The Cost Of Football on 20:36 - Oct 15 by Gram2086

I can't remember the last time we heard of any challenge to Club policy from the Trust. There have been no recent public declarations of the Trust's attempts to influence policy nor any statements from the Trust Director as to how he has been striving to fight the corner of its members. It's become all too cozy and comfortable. What is the Trust's policy on ticket prices anyway?

We get told that the view of the supporters is put across in board meetings. Doesn't seem to be having an effect. Perhaps it should be put across in scathing releases on the Trust website instead?

Pursuading the board doesn't seem to be working. Time we tried shaming them instead.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Cost Of Football on 20:54 - Oct 15 with 1249 viewsLeonisGod

The Cost Of Football on 20:49 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

I missed out on renewing my season tickets a few seasons ago, our single match ticket prices are very difficult to justify since promotion.

I can see that. They are expensive. Cheaper than most of the PL away tickets I buy, but still expensive relative to the rest of us with season tickets. As I said before season tickets are about £23 a match - so roughly half the price of a matchday ticket. That's too big a gap imo and will do nothing to encourage new fans.

But, there is a demand. Cheaper tickets for the cup games are possible, yet we often struggle to sell out. When Arsenal / man U, et.c come to town they're sold out weeks in advance. So us fans are our own worse enemies by being willing to pay the higher prices for bigger teams.
The Cost Of Football on 21:04 - Oct 15 with 1238 viewsFuggie

So the Swans most expensive season ticket at £499 is less or equal to the following teams cheapest season tickets;

Arsenal £1,014, Chelsea £750, Hull £501, Liverpool £710, ManU £532, Newcastle £525, QPR £499, Southampton £541, Spurs £765 & West Ham £620. Not bad when you consider only West Brom have a cheaper most expensive ticket.

Yes there is not much give in our matchday ticket prices, at present, but why should there be when we have limited capacity ie 2000 available. When the ground capacity increases and more matchday tickets become available there will be less demand and this will probably result in a drop in price ie economies of scale.

Does anyone think that at present our crowd would be significantly different if we charged £20 to watch Hull or £35. At present I believe No however next season if an extra 1500-2000 matchday tickets then probably Yes. However whether the club will drop it to £20-25 immediately will be another matter.

I do agree that over the past couple of seasons the Club has screwed up it's Cup Match Prices, no more so than the Europa fiasco. But I believe they have learned from that and also cannot be blamed for away ticket prices ie Liverpool £30.
The Cost Of Football on 21:24 - Oct 15 with 1212 viewsmonmouth

The Cost Of Football on 17:17 - Oct 15 by Batterseajack

So what's the point of having a supporters trust then?

Oh aye, I'm not saying they shouldn't make the case, I'm saying that they are highly unlikely to be successful.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cost Of Football on 10:38 - Oct 16 with 1116 viewsWolfie

To all those idiots trying to justify the cost by comparing us to other premier league clubs:

It doesn't mean we're getting a bargain, it means we're just being fleeced less than other teams. Watching football in this country is massively overpriced.

"Arsenal are charging almost 10 times more for their cheapest season ticket than Barcelona and Bayern Munich" taken from The Telepgraph yesterday.

If that's true it means we are charging around 5 times more! Justify that.

It doesn't matter how many tickets are available at each price point, because it's cheaper accross the board.

Now do you get it? Fcuk me!

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Login to get fewer ads

The Cost Of Football on 10:49 - Oct 16 with 1106 viewsPonderosa

The Cost Of Football on 20:49 - Oct 15 by TheFranchise

This

Bring The Missus

The Cost Of Football on 11:45 - Oct 16 with 1083 viewsmonmouth

The Cost Of Football on 10:38 - Oct 16 by Wolfie

To all those idiots trying to justify the cost by comparing us to other premier league clubs:

It doesn't mean we're getting a bargain, it means we're just being fleeced less than other teams. Watching football in this country is massively overpriced.

"Arsenal are charging almost 10 times more for their cheapest season ticket than Barcelona and Bayern Munich" taken from The Telepgraph yesterday.

If that's true it means we are charging around 5 times more! Justify that.

It doesn't matter how many tickets are available at each price point, because it's cheaper accross the board.

Now do you get it? Fcuk me!

Good rant, and I agree with you.

But then so is food, clothes, cinema, gigs and just about everything else. I'd rather people's anger and bbc campaigns were aimed at free fruit and vegetables to reduce all the fat bastards that will kill the NHS if call me dave doesn't finish it first.

Basically we have a culture of greed and self serving and football is just a symptom of that so, like it or not, I'b bet my lidl plums that you can whistle for a meaningful drop in price....but, aye, of course the trust should fight for it. Dividends should be matched by ticket price reductions, but then corporate bonuses should be matched by dividends too. It'll never catch on.

Dr WoB is spot on on this in my view.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cost Of Football on 12:10 - Oct 16 with 1076 viewsWolfie

Society is fcuked, we're all going to hell, Simon Cowell is driving the bus and Cameron is fiddling the ticket prices.

It's frustrating because for once the small man could have a disproportionate voice and could make a difference.

Imagine a weekend where Linekar introduces MOTD and all the grounds are empty because of a mass stay away.

Imagine every football fan cancelling their Sky Sports subscription on the same day!

The message would be loud and clear, the power is in our hands we've just forgotten. We have the infrastructures in place - Trusts and supporters groups could co-ordinate simultaneous action to make our point.

Vive la revolution!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 12:34]

The Cost Of Football on 15:50 - Oct 16 with 1022 viewsWolfie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29641109

And I bet most of them are footballers or agents.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 15:56]

The Cost Of Football on 16:24 - Oct 16 with 1005 viewsFar_Post

It is basic business. If you were a salesman and your product is selling out at £45 each, what is the point in you dropping the price?

As others have said, the only way it will change is if fans stop turning up.

My first season ticket when the Swans were in League 2 (10 years ago) was about £150 for 23 games on the North Bank. I am starting to struggle to afford it now though.

Blog: The C Word

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024