Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NSR.....or is it? 07:47 - Oct 28 with 3236 viewsJackhero

Having read through a bit of the takeover thread a few days ago, and from the rumours earlier in the season of an American investor I was reading the following about Palace and wondering.......was this bloke originally looking at us? Has he now decided no and gone to Palace instead. Seems he was looking at Villa too at one point and was put off by the asking price. If the £95 mill being bandied about on this forum was right then it seems this was in this blokes ball park.
Palace though have no Trust like ours and are definitely an easier club to takeover....and cheaper too.
http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=6180

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

NSR.....or is it? on 07:48 - Oct 28 with 3233 viewsDr_Winston

It's not him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

NSR.....or is it? on 09:20 - Oct 28 with 3123 viewsbermudajack

NSR.....or is it? on 07:48 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

It's not him.

You know who it is???

Most of us seem sceptical of wether this whole episode is true or not?

You obviously have more info on this??.. Phil seems not to be fully aware of any bid which is a tad worrying if all this is true!!!

Please spill the beans 👍😎👍😎

Poll: Priority for new manager?

NSR.....or is it? on 13:16 - Oct 28 with 2950 viewslondonlisa2001

NSR.....or is it? on 09:20 - Oct 28 by bermudajack

You know who it is???

Most of us seem sceptical of wether this whole episode is true or not?

You obviously have more info on this??.. Phil seems not to be fully aware of any bid which is a tad worrying if all this is true!!!

Please spill the beans 👍😎👍😎

with respect, there is a big difference between Phil being aware of things and being in a position where he is able or prepared to disclose publicly the things he is aware of, or even to be able to disclose that there are things he is aware of (if you see what I mean).

People shouldn't look at what is disclosed here or elsewhere as being the sum total of the Trust's knowledge - surely that is obvious and indeed, desirable?
NSR.....or is it? on 14:02 - Oct 28 with 2900 viewsicecoldjack

As far as im concerned there are only two british clubs where the owners have the type of money to owna football club amd that is chelsea and man city.

All the others will want to make money, perhaps arsenal is another exception with kronkie<sp> and usmanov<sp>

Making money in football is not exactly a sure thing, most of the people who look to buy a football club seem like crooks to me and american crooks are generally the worst ofmthe lot imo.

Id rather see us relegated and stay in the championship than worry about what some foreign owner is doing with our club behind the scenes .

Im no expert but i do know that if something sounds too good to be true it normally is!

From what ive heard this potemtial investment is a very real possibility with certain board members looking to cash out, not sure if thats true or not mind.

I just wish it would all go away, i love the fact we have done things different .
NSR.....or is it? on 14:14 - Oct 28 with 2879 viewsItchySphincter

NSR.....or is it? on 14:02 - Oct 28 by icecoldjack

As far as im concerned there are only two british clubs where the owners have the type of money to owna football club amd that is chelsea and man city.

All the others will want to make money, perhaps arsenal is another exception with kronkie<sp> and usmanov<sp>

Making money in football is not exactly a sure thing, most of the people who look to buy a football club seem like crooks to me and american crooks are generally the worst ofmthe lot imo.

Id rather see us relegated and stay in the championship than worry about what some foreign owner is doing with our club behind the scenes .

Im no expert but i do know that if something sounds too good to be true it normally is!

From what ive heard this potemtial investment is a very real possibility with certain board members looking to cash out, not sure if thats true or not mind.

I just wish it would all go away, i love the fact we have done things different .

init

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

NSR.....or is it? on 18:00 - Oct 28 with 2751 viewsbermudajack

NSR.....or is it? on 13:16 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

with respect, there is a big difference between Phil being aware of things and being in a position where he is able or prepared to disclose publicly the things he is aware of, or even to be able to disclose that there are things he is aware of (if you see what I mean).

People shouldn't look at what is disclosed here or elsewhere as being the sum total of the Trust's knowledge - surely that is obvious and indeed, desirable?

Fair enough, (he obviously knows more than has made public)

Phil said as soon as he is aware of any bids then he would inform the Trust members of the outline of the bid?

Is this still the case?

Or will the Trust board have to decide whether that it's comparable to go to a members vote or not first?

Sorry, I'm just a bit concerned that our club could end up with no fan representation at board level after all we've fought for over the years...😳

NSR.....or is it? on 18:08 - Oct 28 with 2736 viewslondonlisa2001

NSR.....or is it? on 18:00 - Oct 28 by bermudajack

Fair enough, (he obviously knows more than has made public)

Phil said as soon as he is aware of any bids then he would inform the Trust members of the outline of the bid?

Is this still the case?

Or will the Trust board have to decide whether that it's comparable to go to a members vote or not first?

Sorry, I'm just a bit concerned that our club could end up with no fan representation at board level after all we've fought for over the years...😳

oh don't get me wrong - I'm very very nervous about any change. I like things the way they are to be honest.

Having said that, I said a couple of days ago that I believe that the Trust will be the only people that can really assess a prospective bid / investment completely neutrally. I know that the club has said today that 'we're fortunate we don't need the investment unless it's right' type stuff, but that is slightly disingenuous as the sale proceeds wouldn't go to the club but to the current shareholders, and some of them may well fancy a few million. They are certainly not all in the position of 'not needing it'.

I'm sure that everyone should be very confident that Phil and the Trust will make the appropriate announcements and make information available when it's right to do so. They are the ones that are genuinely only interested in the club after all.
NSR.....or is it? on 18:55 - Oct 28 with 2685 viewsbermudajack

NSR.....or is it? on 18:08 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

oh don't get me wrong - I'm very very nervous about any change. I like things the way they are to be honest.

Having said that, I said a couple of days ago that I believe that the Trust will be the only people that can really assess a prospective bid / investment completely neutrally. I know that the club has said today that 'we're fortunate we don't need the investment unless it's right' type stuff, but that is slightly disingenuous as the sale proceeds wouldn't go to the club but to the current shareholders, and some of them may well fancy a few million. They are certainly not all in the position of 'not needing it'.

I'm sure that everyone should be very confident that Phil and the Trust will make the appropriate announcements and make information available when it's right to do so. They are the ones that are genuinely only interested in the club after all.

Absolutely 👍

"In Phil we trust" 😎

So many different mixed messages regarding this, a group of investors, a single investor, a small percentage sell off, a full takeover...

Poor Phil and the Trust board have their work cut out on this one... ⚽️

In my opinion We must have fan representation at board level at all costs, even if it holds us back financially. We've learned our lessons the hard way. The 21% ownership should never be cashed in...

Login to get fewer ads

NSR.....or is it? on 19:01 - Oct 28 with 2669 viewsRancid

It'll be denied on here but I've picked up on a bit of a split with the Trust and board recently.All this might be why.We need the trust on board and a new consortium could well want full control and 100% ownership.If the trust are against this then all power to them otherwise our club is out of the fans hands and in the hands of someone only interested in making money from us and if that doesn't work,well.......
NSR.....or is it? on 19:12 - Oct 28 with 2647 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The type of investment I can think of that may be advantageous to both parties would be a company with some kind of product or service that being attached to a football club would help them sell. Any kind of other investor it would seem would only be interested in extracting some of the lovely cash we see from the PL each year, unless they have some kind of Man C or Chelsea interest in making us a CL level club? Maybe some kind of property developer looking for a stadium construction contract?

When they are revealed it will be obvious on what to expect straight away.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

NSR.....or is it? on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 2589 viewsblaine_scfc

Surely the trust wouldn't sell up? Without ever meeting Phil in person, I know how much he did for the club during the dark days and has only the clubs best interest in mind.

As you can probably tell, I have no idea on how companies work at board room level, but doesn't an owner/investor need a certain percentage of shares to take complete control, I was always under the impression that with the trust having 21%, that would never happen.
NSR.....or is it? on 19:55 - Oct 28 with 2571 viewsRancid

NSR.....or is it? on 19:45 - Oct 28 by blaine_scfc

Surely the trust wouldn't sell up? Without ever meeting Phil in person, I know how much he did for the club during the dark days and has only the clubs best interest in mind.

As you can probably tell, I have no idea on how companies work at board room level, but doesn't an owner/investor need a certain percentage of shares to take complete control, I was always under the impression that with the trust having 21%, that would never happen.

Money can be the weakness of any man/woman.You'd like to think the trust are more fans of the club and protectors of the club than money orientated, which I believe they are.Who knows though and who knows what deal, if any, what it will will consist of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024