Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strip McMahon of Captain's armband 20:54 - Nov 5 with 610 viewssteve_g

Whether he blows it for us or not tonight the bloke is a liability - I'd strip him of the armband with immediate effect. What a tit!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 21:11 - Nov 5 with 586 viewsSouthshorepool

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but how many goals has he cost us. There's no way he'll keep the captaincy.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 22:04 - Nov 5 with 537 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 21:11 - Nov 5 by Southshorepool

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions but how many goals has he cost us. There's no way he'll keep the captaincy.

Let's hope not - good time for a clean sweep - least we can stick Daniels at Right back for the next three games and leave McMahon out - who knows, might be the making of us - I'll take being down 2 points if we can get 5/6 from the next three games!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 22:10 - Nov 5 with 532 viewschesterbfc

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 22:04 - Nov 5 by Happy_Satsuma

Let's hope not - good time for a clean sweep - least we can stick Daniels at Right back for the next three games and leave McMahon out - who knows, might be the making of us - I'll take being down 2 points if we can get 5/6 from the next three games!

I predicted he would cost us earlier this evening, a tosser
Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 22:27 - Nov 5 with 515 viewsBloodtangerine

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 22:10 - Nov 5 by chesterbfc

I predicted he would cost us earlier this evening, a tosser

Havent seen it as mot there but Dark side of the Lune on the other site was and his condemnation seems pretty clear. McMahon has let the manager, his team mates and the fans down in what "could" be a critical way.....a draw with ten men is credit to the other players and indeed the manager but it would have been three without his self indulgence and immaturity........I think he will get booed in next home game he is allowed to play. He is a pretty awful player anyway and never ever should have been captain in first place

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 23:01 - Nov 5 with 506 viewsOrioltwins

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 22:27 - Nov 5 by Bloodtangerine

Havent seen it as mot there but Dark side of the Lune on the other site was and his condemnation seems pretty clear. McMahon has let the manager, his team mates and the fans down in what "could" be a critical way.....a draw with ten men is credit to the other players and indeed the manager but it would have been three without his self indulgence and immaturity........I think he will get booed in next home game he is allowed to play. He is a pretty awful player anyway and never ever should have been captain in first place

He did something at an away game which left Hoggy overwhelmed with anger and so clearly is struggling to make friends amongst fans. He was another one of those that wasn't good enough last season and I don't know why Riga made him Captain or how he got another deal.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 23:08 - Nov 5 with 494 viewsDon_K_Lasher

It's better that this incident has happened sooner rather than later.

Clarke now has to bring find new captain and RB for the next 3 games.

Let's hope his temporary solution is good enough to become a permanent one.

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 08:49 - Nov 6 with 451 viewswespens

The way some are talking you'd think the lad had just killed someone - he made a mistake and will come back probably keen to make amends. He'll have lost a lot of respect and a chance for Clarke to pick up the baton.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 16:06 - Nov 6 with 428 viewsOsbourne

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 08:49 - Nov 6 by wespens

The way some are talking you'd think the lad had just killed someone - he made a mistake and will come back probably keen to make amends. He'll have lost a lot of respect and a chance for Clarke to pick up the baton.

Don't be too hard on our Captain.

The incident stemmed from a drop ball to re-start play by the referee. Drop Balls are a ridiculous and dangerous way to re-start play. The Fulham player went at the drop ball too violently. That is what caused the reaction from Tony McMahon.

The referee should of taken that in to consideration and only given a yellow card - in my humble opinion.

Don't be too hard on our captain Tony McMahon - he shows spirit. He will be back at right back and captain, I hope.
Login to get fewer ads

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 17:27 - Nov 6 with 406 viewsSouthshorepool

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 16:06 - Nov 6 by Osbourne

Don't be too hard on our Captain.

The incident stemmed from a drop ball to re-start play by the referee. Drop Balls are a ridiculous and dangerous way to re-start play. The Fulham player went at the drop ball too violently. That is what caused the reaction from Tony McMahon.

The referee should of taken that in to consideration and only given a yellow card - in my humble opinion.

Don't be too hard on our captain Tony McMahon - he shows spirit. He will be back at right back and captain, I hope.

It's not necessarily last night's incident in isolation. It's a series of fcuk ups that are magnified given our current situation. He's a liability imo.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 21:28 - Nov 6 with 374 viewsspooner

Think it will give Lee Clark the opportunity to appoint Peter Clarke as his captain as he did at Huddersfield. The two obviously hold each other in high regard.
Will be interesting to see what happens when McMahon is available again. Don't believe he'll get the armband, but he might win back his place, as Daniels, albeit an able replacement, is arguably our best centre-back and Rentmeister and Clarke appear injury-prone. Where was Jeffrey yesterday?
Am I also right in thinking we've only got Donervon until January?
Hopefully that situation is already being addressed by Mr. Clark.
Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 16:02 - Nov 7 with 337 viewsCurryman

Strip McMahon of Captain's armband on 21:28 - Nov 6 by spooner

Think it will give Lee Clark the opportunity to appoint Peter Clarke as his captain as he did at Huddersfield. The two obviously hold each other in high regard.
Will be interesting to see what happens when McMahon is available again. Don't believe he'll get the armband, but he might win back his place, as Daniels, albeit an able replacement, is arguably our best centre-back and Rentmeister and Clarke appear injury-prone. Where was Jeffrey yesterday?
Am I also right in thinking we've only got Donervon until January?
Hopefully that situation is already being addressed by Mr. Clark.

Having just watched the video on t'other site, I have come to the following conclusions.

Whilst the kick by McM was stupid, it should have originally been a foul, Fulham's No 5 on McM when he was on the floor, not a drop ball. Then at the drop ball Fulham's No 20 raised his foot fairly high and seemed to catch McM.

To top it all off, their second goal was a definate foul on the goalkeeper. Watch their man on the line he is watching Lewis not the ball and does a Nat Lofthouse on Lewis as the ball comes over. At least impeding the goalkeeper, but I felt it was a push.

So, in my opinion we lost the game through poor refereeing, whilst not condoning for one minute the hot headed kick by McM.

I was sure of that on the night, but have only just had chance to see the incidents again.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024