Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one? 17:00 - Dec 20 with 5250 viewsDanielswan

... who thinks we had a crap game? We did produce more than Hull, but to be honest, they were even more crappy than us.

Penalty in the end though in my oppinion, good thing we finally got some deserved luck.

Was impressed by Ki and Fabianski, Bony proved he will be forever missed if he goes anywhere. The two central defenders also did well.

Jaz failed miserably in every aspect of the game, Dyer and Routlegde both very anonymous and Jonjo was a hit and miss, he failed very simple passes and yet provided a constant threat, should have scored at least once.

Nice win though, going very happy to bed tonight.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Am I the only one? on 17:02 - Dec 20 with 2779 viewsdeanscfc

Good assessment.
Am I the only one? on 17:02 - Dec 20 with 2775 viewsSwan91

Not really. We couldve been 3-0 up at one point, hit the bar a few times. Just unlucky really.
Am I the only one? on 17:02 - Dec 20 with 2770 viewsBloodyhills

I thought our passing and game management was bad and we failed to kill the game off again. But we got the 3 points so am happy/relieved.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Am I the only one? on 17:02 - Dec 20 with 2751 viewsexiledclaseboy

"Crap" is ridiculous. Not at our best, but by far the better side, created a bucketload of chances (and missed all of them) but rarely looked like conceding.

I'd say "solid"

Poll: Tory leader

Am I the only one? on 17:03 - Dec 20 with 2738 viewsJackfath

Couldn't care if we were "crap". 3 points is a great boost for confidence over the next couple of weeks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Am I the only one? on 17:06 - Dec 20 with 2695 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Yeah. Last 20 minutes was as sloppy as I've seen us in a long long time, typified by Taylor's foul throw. Lower league stuff at times. JJS was better than recently Gomis looked like he isn't far off, but lots of the players on the pitch today looked like complete strangers and way out of form. Maybe this is one of those games you have to go through to re-integrate some squad members into the match day team in order to survive the Christmas fixture list...that's what I'm hoping anyway.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 17:06]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Am I the only one? on 17:06 - Dec 20 with 2693 viewsDanielswan

Am I the only one? on 17:03 - Dec 20 by Jackfath

Couldn't care if we were "crap". 3 points is a great boost for confidence over the next couple of weeks.

You are right about that Jackfath ... 3 points was great, need to build on that.

Am I the only one? on 17:09 - Dec 20 with 2649 viewsbuilthjack

Sometimes you have to win ugly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one? on 17:09 - Dec 20 with 2649 viewsquiff

Were we at our best or clinical enough- No.

What we did do was hold onto a lead with a side with 7 changes in it for 3 away points, which however we get them will always be a good days work.

I reckon the fans, players and manager will rightly be very happy tonight.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Am I the only one? on 17:09 - Dec 20 with 2646 viewsZut_Alors

Thought Jazz did better in the second half, but, although I think he's a decent enough utility player to cover major injury woes, I think it's clear we need better than him as cover for the full back positions.

Dan, I actually thought Routs had a good game. Dyer was hesitant in attack, which has been a problem he's faced a number of times over the last year, but their left-back, Robertson, is an excellent player — destined for a move to a top-6 club, imo — so I think he was forced to track back quite a lot to cover him.

To be honest, that kind of performance is what I expect from us when we play away from home these days, and I'm fine with it. We do look much tougher to beat and as Villa have shown a quick counter style away from home can help pick teams off. Absolutely key thing, though, and is something we have managed to do better than Villa in that respect, is to keep up what most would call our traditional style for the home games.

Garry's doing a great job and the way Ki has progressed has been outstanding. He was a joy to watch today.
Am I the only one? on 17:09 - Dec 20 with 2641 viewsGram2086

If not for the fact we were playing a side which would struggle in Div 3 of the visually impaired league we'd have been stuffed. Piss poor hoofball for the most part. And WTF was Rangel doing in the last minute?
Am I the only one? on 17:11 - Dec 20 with 2627 viewsthomasJack

we had 7 changes from last game

Poll: Next signing

Am I the only one? on 17:12 - Dec 20 with 2600 viewsexiledclaseboy

Am I the only one? on 17:09 - Dec 20 by Gram2086

If not for the fact we were playing a side which would struggle in Div 3 of the visually impaired league we'd have been stuffed. Piss poor hoofball for the most part. And WTF was Rangel doing in the last minute?

Arf. I love Swans fans

Poll: Tory leader

Am I the only one? on 17:14 - Dec 20 with 2571 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Am I the only one? on 17:09 - Dec 20 by Gram2086

Bullsh!t, Hull played good football at times and Fab had to make a couple of really good saves.
We were not at out best, but still won, 3 points is 3 points however you get them.
Am I the only one? on 17:14 - Dec 20 with 2557 viewsmidswan

we have played far better in games and got nothing so pleased to play 'crap' and pick up 3. More of the same please.
Am I the only one? on 17:15 - Dec 20 with 2545 viewsDanielswan

Am I the only one? on 17:14 - Dec 20 by midswan

we have played far better in games and got nothing so pleased to play 'crap' and pick up 3. More of the same please.

I would have to agree :)

Am I the only one? on 17:15 - Dec 20 with 2542 viewsacejack3065

We made loads of changes and still coasted an away game. We could have won 3-0 without getting out of third gear. Instead we held our 1-0 lead and defended well.

Gomis was strong and held the ball up well when we needed him to. Give him a run of games and he will deliver.

If you're disappointed with today's result then you need to f*ck off and follow Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City because Swansea City will never please you!
Am I the only one? on 17:17 - Dec 20 with 2526 viewsjackrabbit

Well this season we've played well and won, we've played badly and lost, we've played well and lost - (last week), and today we played badly and won!

It doesn't matter too much as long as it's a big 'W' and 3 points, but really that was total and utter crap punctuated by the odd moment of football!

I was screaming at my PC "ffs pass the ball to a white shirt!". Anyway well done Swans 2nds. That takes the pressure off.

Footnote: I thought Leicester were poor when we beat them , but Hull were dire. Worst I've seen.
Am I the only one? on 17:17 - Dec 20 with 2517 viewsCatullus

Am I the only one? on 17:02 - Dec 20 by Bloodyhills

I thought our passing and game management was bad and we failed to kill the game off again. But we got the 3 points so am happy/relieved.

Agree. Some of our decision making was poor. Our passing was local park level at times. But we worked hard, dug in, should have scored at least two more (imo) so it's happy days.
I didn't think it was a penalty (Sagbo) and thought Clattenburg did fairly well today.

As already said, sometimes you have to win ugly.

Just one thing, I don't think Jazz should be anywhere near our first team. Not even in a dire injury crisis. He panics, his passing is generally poor, his tackling is poor. He was lucky to not get a second yellow today. He has a good game about 1 in 15 and that is unacceptable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Am I the only one? on 17:19 - Dec 20 with 2500 viewsDanielswan

Am I the only one? on 17:15 - Dec 20 by acejack3065

We made loads of changes and still coasted an away game. We could have won 3-0 without getting out of third gear. Instead we held our 1-0 lead and defended well.

Gomis was strong and held the ball up well when we needed him to. Give him a run of games and he will deliver.

If you're disappointed with today's result then you need to f*ck off and follow Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City because Swansea City will never please you!

Read my post and reply again if you wish.

Am I the only one? on 17:19 - Dec 20 with 2489 viewsmonmouth

Am I the only one? on 17:15 - Dec 20 by acejack3065

This x 100000000

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Am I the only one? on 17:21 - Dec 20 with 2474 viewsGowerjack

Am I the only one? on 17:02 - Dec 20 by exiledclaseboy

"Crap" is ridiculous. Not at our best, but by far the better side, created a bucketload of chances (and missed all of them) but rarely looked like conceding.

I'd say "solid"

Agreed although it must be said that the Hull strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Am I the only one? on 17:24 - Dec 20 with 2442 viewsDanielswan

Am I the only one? on 17:21 - Dec 20 by Gowerjack

Agreed although it must be said that the Hull strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

Apart from the header which Fabianski brillantly saved Hull were rather abysmal, I ll give you that.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 17:33]

Am I the only one? on 17:25 - Dec 20 with 2437 viewsacejack3065

Am I the only one? on 17:19 - Dec 20 by Danielswan

Read my post and reply again if you wish.

Yes and you said Jazz failed in every aspect of the game.

Did he? Did he really? Think about what you just said.
Am I the only one? on 17:25 - Dec 20 with 2436 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Am I the only one? on 17:24 - Dec 20 by Danielswan

Apart from the header which Fabianski brillantly saved Hull were rather abysmal, I ll give you that.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 17:33]

What about the strike from the left, which Fab only just got to?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024