Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! 11:12 - Jan 8 with 26169 viewsApeShit

According to SSN.
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:14 - Jan 8 with 2074 viewsShaky

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:05 - Jan 8 by Nikkolinho

Hello guys. Not trying to stir up anything unnecessarily here, but this Evans thing has taken such proportions in England, yet there has been no mention of that your recent signing Modou Barrow was convicted in 2012 for beating his girlfriend in Sweden. I admit that I have only done a cursory search and if I am bringing up old news, feel free to ignore it. Still, as a fellow football fan I felt I had to register and share what I know of it, since I would have wanted to know if the roles were reversed.

I was surprised that this has not been discussed since it is common knowledge in Sweden and certainly pertains to the discussion about what crimes footballers can commit and still be accepted into professional football .

Here is a link to his court case (in Swedish unfortunately):
http://minfil.org/v9z1Y5a3be/B1197-12fin.pdf

The case file is taken from the district court of Norrköping, dated 25th of October 2012, and was not appealed as far as I know. He stood trial for assault and battery as well as aggravated battery (if I am translating this properly, criminal law in English is somewhat confusing to me). Barrow was ultimately convicted for battery (the lesser charge), after the court found it proven through corroborating evidence and witness testimony that he had repeatedly punched her in the face, kneed her in the forehead while she was cowering and stomped her in the back of the head while on the ground.

He was sentenced to 180 hours of community service (first time offender, 19 years old etc), which if he had been sentenced to prison time would have been 7 months instead.

My apologies if I have made any mistakes in the translation and if this is perceived as an attempt to stir something up. It is to my understanding that Barrow and the girl in question is still a couple and now has a child together and seemingly has moved past this dark time in their relationship. Still thought you had the right to know. Cheers!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:09]

Very interesting, thanks.

FWIW a better English translation for 'Grov Mishandel' is grievous bodily harm (GBH) rather than aggravated battery.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:15 - Jan 8 with 2071 viewsQuakerJack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:05 - Jan 8 by Nikkolinho

Hello guys. Not trying to stir up anything unnecessarily here, but this Evans thing has taken such proportions in England, yet there has been no mention of that your recent signing Modou Barrow was convicted in 2012 for beating his girlfriend in Sweden. I admit that I have only done a cursory search and if I am bringing up old news, feel free to ignore it. Still, as a fellow football fan I felt I had to register and share what I know of it, since I would have wanted to know if the roles were reversed.

I was surprised that this has not been discussed since it is common knowledge in Sweden and certainly pertains to the discussion about what crimes footballers can commit and still be accepted into professional football .

Here is a link to his court case (in Swedish unfortunately):
http://minfil.org/v9z1Y5a3be/B1197-12fin.pdf

The case file is taken from the district court of Norrköping, dated 25th of October 2012, and was not appealed as far as I know. He stood trial for assault and battery as well as aggravated battery (if I am translating this properly, criminal law in English is somewhat confusing to me). Barrow was ultimately convicted for battery (the lesser charge), after the court found it proven through corroborating evidence and witness testimony that he had repeatedly punched her in the face, kneed her in the forehead while she was cowering and stomped her in the back of the head while on the ground.

He was sentenced to 180 hours of community service (first time offender, 19 years old etc), which if he had been sentenced to prison time would have been 7 months instead.

My apologies if I have made any mistakes in the translation and if this is perceived as an attempt to stir something up. It is to my understanding that Barrow and the girl in question is still a couple and now has a child together and seemingly has moved past this dark time in their relationship. Still thought you had the right to know. Cheers!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:09]

wow, didn't know that...

served that sentence tho hasn't he... Evans is on license.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 2048 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 11:59 - Jan 8 by monmouth

Indeed. His 'right to return to work' has been extended into 'poor Ched' and conflated with 'he's not really guilty anyway', 'it wasn't much', 'he's a lad' and 'it's all the fault of women'.

Unless he is cleared on appeal I don't agree with his right to return to a high public profile career where youngsters will see him as a hero, but it's not against the law so I accept that he is subject to the economic laws of supply and demand. So far I applaud the way those laws have operated.

And that's why you won Poster of the Year.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:24 - Jan 8 with 2010 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:19 - Jan 8 by Uxbridge

And that's why you won Poster of the Year.

Because it is inaccurate you mean?

Its funny he started off saying slightly embellished sound bites from people like "poor ched" and then gradually and conveniently made them more and more wild and outlandish, to back his point.

Nobody has said "it wasnt much" nobody has said "he is a lad" nobody has said "its all womens fault". That is a cheap and easy way to dismiss and discredit the opposing view.

What has been said is that the case sounds ridiculous to get a conviction from. There wasnt even an accusation of rape, let alone any proof. If there was id love to hear it.

That is why this case is different and if people cant see that, or at least understand peoples concerns with the case, then they need their heads testing.

Too many looking at the word rape and assuming that it cannot be constructively questioned.

"RAAAPE!!" ..... "OUTRAGE!!"
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:28]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 1989 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:24 - Jan 8 by Parlay

Because it is inaccurate you mean?

Its funny he started off saying slightly embellished sound bites from people like "poor ched" and then gradually and conveniently made them more and more wild and outlandish, to back his point.

Nobody has said "it wasnt much" nobody has said "he is a lad" nobody has said "its all womens fault". That is a cheap and easy way to dismiss and discredit the opposing view.

What has been said is that the case sounds ridiculous to get a conviction from. There wasnt even an accusation of rape, let alone any proof. If there was id love to hear it.

That is why this case is different and if people cant see that, or at least understand peoples concerns with the case, then they need their heads testing.

Too many looking at the word rape and assuming that it cannot be constructively questioned.

"RAAAPE!!" ..... "OUTRAGE!!"
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:28]

Well, in other threads we've had comments about this being on the mild side of rape (because we need that sliding scale, natch), how girls all chuck themselves at footballers so why would he need to rape someone (a line young Chedwyn remarkably tried with the police too) and we've had a few saying the victim of this crime is somehow the one who engineered this entire situation. It's all there on the threads.

The nature of the crime will mean that only the participants can know for sure, but the one thing we can be equally certain is that he's a convicted rapist. Feel free to read his fansite (which he absolutely has nothing to do with, despite posting a video on it) , believe verbatim whatever they've put on there, but you'll have to forgive me wondering whether such a site might just be slightly skewed in terms of the facts.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 1987 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 12:36 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Apparently Oldham said no .
But Evans took it as a yes .

Bravo!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:39 - Jan 8 with 1935 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:29 - Jan 8 by Uxbridge

Well, in other threads we've had comments about this being on the mild side of rape (because we need that sliding scale, natch), how girls all chuck themselves at footballers so why would he need to rape someone (a line young Chedwyn remarkably tried with the police too) and we've had a few saying the victim of this crime is somehow the one who engineered this entire situation. It's all there on the threads.

The nature of the crime will mean that only the participants can know for sure, but the one thing we can be equally certain is that he's a convicted rapist. Feel free to read his fansite (which he absolutely has nothing to do with, despite posting a video on it) , believe verbatim whatever they've put on there, but you'll have to forgive me wondering whether such a site might just be slightly skewed in terms of the facts.

No, again don't stoop to embellishment.

Mild is a term as to what warrants the sentence not that rape is mild. Nobody used the word mild to suggest it was ok, or wasnt much or wasnt bad. Again its a cheap way out of actually addressing the valid point of the opposing view without actually having to give valid reasoning yourself.

A line Ched chucked out too? There is no "too". There was a quote of what ched said and an explanation of what he clearly meant. To then attribute that opinion to the poster explaining it is an abhorrent tactic to again discredit the opposing view without having to tackle it.

Ive not seen one person say that the girl engineered the situation.

"The nature of the crime is that only the participants know for sure"

Very interesting line that. Both men say consent was given and the woman says she cant remember if she granted it or not.

Does that sound like beyond reasonable doubt to you?

Me neither.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:41 - Jan 8 with 1928 viewsShaky

So what's the outraged moral majority's view on this Barrow case, eh?

FWIW based on my imperfect Swedish it looks like the reason he escaped a sentence of GBH was because after the assault he reconciled with his Gambian girlfriend who was alone in the country, and she effectively refused to testify against him.

She had nevertheless previously given testimony that she was repeatedly punched both while standing and then when she fell to the floor, where she was additionally kicked including in the back of the head. A violent disgraceful assault by any standards.

Who is going to start the petition and campaign of general hysteria to have this brutal criminal ostracised from the footballing world, rather than start against the Hammers at the weekend?

I'm not holding my breath.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:45]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 1922 viewsNeath_Jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:39 - Jan 8 by Parlay

No, again don't stoop to embellishment.

Mild is a term as to what warrants the sentence not that rape is mild. Nobody used the word mild to suggest it was ok, or wasnt much or wasnt bad. Again its a cheap way out of actually addressing the valid point of the opposing view without actually having to give valid reasoning yourself.

A line Ched chucked out too? There is no "too". There was a quote of what ched said and an explanation of what he clearly meant. To then attribute that opinion to the poster explaining it is an abhorrent tactic to again discredit the opposing view without having to tackle it.

Ive not seen one person say that the girl engineered the situation.

"The nature of the crime is that only the participants know for sure"

Very interesting line that. Both men say consent was given and the woman says she cant remember if she granted it or not.

Does that sound like beyond reasonable doubt to you?

Me neither.

Yes, they most certainly did. Mild rape was the exact words used.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 1915 viewsShaky

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

Yes, they most certainly did. Mild rape was the exact words used.

Liar.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:45 - Jan 8 with 1900 viewsNeath_Jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Shaky

Liar.

Liar.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:45 - Jan 8 with 1891 viewsParlay

You are wrong NJ. Not for the first time on this topic.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:46 - Jan 8 with 1890 viewsApeShit

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Shaky

Liar.

To quote:

"Secondly, even accepting the premise of events that convicted Evans, this is a relatively mild case of rape on the spectrum for example without any suggestion of violence whatsoever."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/134993/page:1#.VK6J3SMji
Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:48 - Jan 8 with 1880 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:46 - Jan 8 by ApeShit

To quote:

"Secondly, even accepting the premise of events that convicted Evans, this is a relatively mild case of rape on the spectrum for example without any suggestion of violence whatsoever."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/134993/page:1#.VK6J3SMji

And the award for taking a quote out of context goes to.....

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:49 - Jan 8 with 1876 viewsNeath_Jack

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:46 - Jan 8 by ApeShit

To quote:

Ah, but that will be taken out of context or some other shite...

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:49 - Jan 8 with 1764 viewsNeath_Jack

As i said.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:50 - Jan 8 with 1761 viewsApeShit

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:49 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

As i said.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:52 - Jan 8 with 1730 viewsShaky

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:45 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

Liar.

Read it and weep, Neath_Jack, newly proven liar:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/134993/1714162/ched-evan
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 13:52]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 1716 viewsParlay

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:49 - Jan 8 by Neath_Jack

As i said.

So you are saying Shaky was making a case as to why it "wasnt much" or "was the womans fault" then?

No.

Lisa was painting him as rapist that people have nightmares about, battered to within an inch of their life, controlling starring into their eyes, unable to move paralysed with fear with a knife to your neck.

Shaky pointed out that under the terms of the law this was classed as "mild" in terms of rape which is why he only got 5 years and should not be painted as the crime above.

THAT is why it is out of context. So neath jack you continue to be wrong on this subject.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 1716 viewsStarsky

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:52 - Jan 8 by Shaky

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/134993/1714162/ched-evan

How does this help your argument?

It's just the internet, init.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 1710 viewsNeath_Jack

As i said.

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:59 - Jan 8 with 1686 viewsParlay

Spot on.

Im sure they will fail to spot the signifficance.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:59 - Jan 8 with 1682 viewsParlay

As i said.

Forum celebrity

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 14:09 - Jan 8 with 1642 viewsShaky

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 13:54 - Jan 8 by Starsky

How does this help your argument?

If you are too stupid or intellectually dishonest to spot that, then I can't help you.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 14:11]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 14:11 - Jan 8 with 1622 viewsStarsky

Ched Evans to Oldham deal is off! on 14:09 - Jan 8 by Shaky

If you are too stupid or intellectually dishonest to spot that, then I can't help you.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 14:11]

"You're"

It's just the internet, init.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024