Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should BSA and BST now merge? 11:46 - Jan 9 with 783 viewsAllezBlackpool

This would present a much stronger front surely. Time for everyone to stop sniping and bickering and unite for one cause!!

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Should BSA and BST now merge? on 12:01 - Jan 9 with 767 viewstde74

I don't see why they need to, they fulfil separate functions. Also, legally, the trust is quite a distinct entity I believe that's different from a fan's association. As for putting out a united front, I think that already underway after the events of the last couple of days.

The thing that they do need to do together is to engage with the wider fanbase, unite them and get everyone onside, in my opinion.
Should BSA and BST now merge? on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 741 viewsArchibaldKnox

Should BSA and BST now merge? on 12:01 - Jan 9 by tde74

I don't see why they need to, they fulfil separate functions. Also, legally, the trust is quite a distinct entity I believe that's different from a fan's association. As for putting out a united front, I think that already underway after the events of the last couple of days.

The thing that they do need to do together is to engage with the wider fanbase, unite them and get everyone onside, in my opinion.

Given the legal status of the Trust, BSA simply needs to fold. A less favourable option is to rename themselves as Blackpool Supporters Travel. But it is clear to me they have no purpose in coordinating the supporters' general interests.
Should BSA and BST now merge? on 14:06 - Jan 9 with 724 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

BSA has as much purpose in coordinating the supporters general interests as BSA or any other group. Just because you don't perhaps consider them to represent your views is no reason why the organisation should cease to exist.

That's a very slippery slope.
Should BSA and BST now merge? on 14:55 - Jan 9 with 701 viewsArchibaldKnox

Should BSA and BST now merge? on 14:06 - Jan 9 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

BSA has as much purpose in coordinating the supporters general interests as BSA or any other group. Just because you don't perhaps consider them to represent your views is no reason why the organisation should cease to exist.

That's a very slippery slope.

Not as slippery as the slope Karl Oyston has had them on for the past few years...

BSA have gone through several phases. Useful when membership got you a ticket discount (Koko canned that benefit for them). Questionable when they may have been influential in the discount ST policy, which will come back to bite BFC when KO tries to raise the price again. Redundant when they thought they had KO's ear and it is clear he was using them. And laughable when, with KO's encouragement, they decided to write a letter to the players questioning their professional pride.

But now they are simply an obstruction when the fans need the focus of a single organisation dedicated to their interests. And it isn't BSA, because they are wishy-washy and cloak even this recent announcement with caveats that they might be ready to restore comms with the Oystons if they change their spots.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2015 15:52]
Should BSA and BST now merge? on 15:30 - Jan 9 with 679 viewsPlumbs

Should BSA and BST now merge? on 12:45 - Jan 9 by ArchibaldKnox

Given the legal status of the Trust, BSA simply needs to fold. A less favourable option is to rename themselves as Blackpool Supporters Travel. But it is clear to me they have no purpose in coordinating the supporters' general interests.

I wouldnt fold as that just plays right into the O's hands, but would keep doing the good stuff and try to ensure they dont get caught up with the politics.
So no more Q and A's with Koko,no more fundraising for signs and statues,and consider organising an end of season function away from BR.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024