Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Issue 12:18 - Jan 19 with 3731 viewsfrenzied

This was the Man Utd Fanzine which was sold for the very last time at the weekend.

It began in 1989..was a basic pamphlet photocopied and flogged outside Old Trafford and various away venues to the match going United fan such as me.

It was the way that fans could communicate views to each other on any scale..we are lucky today to have such electronic forums as ours..these simply did not exist in 1989.
Red issue could be scathing about United or any opposition..but it was a true indication of the views of many United fans.
Its parting shot on Saturday gives you an idea of how far the Prem clubs have distanced themselves from the true loyal fan base.."The game weve been clinging onto is gone.Football is now happy-clappy families ,half and half scarves tourists and selfie sticks...The bullsh*t industrys become overbearing and we cant stand the stench any longer"
Im so happy that I left United to follow Dale years ago..im lucky ive seen such great times at Spotland...its great to be amongst fans who still genuinely care about the club thro thick and thin.

Its games such as next Mondays against Stoke that should lift the spirits of all Dale fans for we are seeing the game in its truest form ..something the prem lost many years ago.
Red Issue on 12:24 - Jan 19 with 3677 viewsDale_Pea

Good riddance. All I've seen from that 'fanzine' for the past few years is unnecessary mocking of the Hillsborough disaster, without any explanation as to what they were gaining from such snipes.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Red Issue on 12:28 - Jan 19 with 3663 viewsfrenzied

Red Issue on 12:24 - Jan 19 by Dale_Pea

Good riddance. All I've seen from that 'fanzine' for the past few years is unnecessary mocking of the Hillsborough disaster, without any explanation as to what they were gaining from such snipes.

True enough ...as was the Munich air disaster mercilessly mocked by other fanzines 30 yrs plus after the actual event.
Red Issue on 12:32 - Jan 19 with 3639 viewsDale_Pea

Red Issue on 12:28 - Jan 19 by frenzied

True enough ...as was the Munich air disaster mercilessly mocked by other fanzines 30 yrs plus after the actual event.

Any fanzine/publication that openly mocks either disaster shouldn't be missed. I've made it known plenty of times on here that I'm a Liverpool fan, but I genuinely find mocking of Munich just as vile. It's sod all to do with football or rivalry, it's cowardice more often than not from behind a keyboard.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Red Issue on 12:44 - Jan 19 with 3581 viewsParkinsGimp

Just a RAG mag LOL , good riddance but not due to Hillborough , that was a low moment for them but I suspect a back lash from Victimpool who had been doing the Munich chant for years!
Advent of the internet has caused the actual fanzines to almost disappear.
Red Issue on 12:45 - Jan 19 with 3575 viewsfrenzied

Red Issue on 12:32 - Jan 19 by Dale_Pea

Any fanzine/publication that openly mocks either disaster shouldn't be missed. I've made it known plenty of times on here that I'm a Liverpool fan, but I genuinely find mocking of Munich just as vile. It's sod all to do with football or rivalry, it's cowardice more often than not from behind a keyboard.

Agreed....id never expect anyone to agree with all views expressed in any publication ...whether it be King of the Kippax, The Liverpool Way or Red Issue ..but they did for many years allow fans to express views and opinions that no one else would ever print....with the arrival of the internet their role is largely redundant and the emergence of the cyberbully and troll is upon us..."cowardice behind a keyboard". .and its subsequent outcomes
Red Issue on 12:59 - Jan 19 with 3537 viewsReddale

Not really Red Issue related, since I have never bought a copy. More Premier League related. As my user name suggests I have been a United Fan for most of my life. Most people who watched Dale through the 70's and 80's needed some kind of therapy be it United or City. I am also now much more at home watching Rochdale every home game and some away, when time and finance allows. Somehow, for the most part the club still feels like it cares about it's supporters. If they ever did United and City certainly don't now. I'm clearly not qualified to comment on Liverpool.
Red Issue on 14:23 - Jan 19 with 3382 viewsBrighouseDale

A mate of mine comes to Dale games sometimes, and he was saying yesterday that when you look at Premiership games on TV, there are plenty of families in the crowd. However, at Rochdale it's mostly blokes who tend to be a bit older. I always thought we were a family club but maybe we're not to such a great extent.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Red Issue on 14:40 - Jan 19 with 3357 views_dezzy

Red Issue on 14:23 - Jan 19 by BrighouseDale

A mate of mine comes to Dale games sometimes, and he was saying yesterday that when you look at Premiership games on TV, there are plenty of families in the crowd. However, at Rochdale it's mostly blokes who tend to be a bit older. I always thought we were a family club but maybe we're not to such a great extent.

i think that depend where you go in the ground, if you sit near the family stand you will see plenty of kids,

KHBA

Login to get fewer ads

Red Issue on 14:42 - Jan 19 with 3353 viewsfrenzied

Go back 25 to 30 years ago youd be lucky to even see a female fan at a footy ground...most fans were aged between 15 and 25, gangs of young lads out for a noisy afternoons fun a few beers and a dodgy hot dog..i doubt you see these groups at any grounds now a days ..trying to sell the family experience would be a real challenge for the likes of Dale
Red Issue on 18:13 - Jan 19 with 3246 viewsjustanillusion

Dale annually awarded the 'family excellence award' by football league which monitors how family friendly clubs are.
I know plenty of 'father and sons' who attend matches
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024