Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for some straight talking. 12:27 - Jan 29 with 10919 viewsperchrockjack

=============== Jackarmy boys can paste this if it stimulates you.

1. Where is the Evidence that this sell out will take place

2. If it does, why would it kill our club

3. If the current board of directors make a lot of money by a sale, quite wtf should we be arsed ;frankly why people who were pre -eminent in saving our club and putting our club into this whole new ball game are being vilified by questionable posters is deeply shaming. It makes us look like filth.

4.Why would any American incomers want to run down/asset stripour club when ,if we move up, they d make more.

5. If their involvement frees us from a rabid and feckless band of doombrains at Swansea Council, then surely its joy deep joy. Never forget it was a Swansea council that bought the vetch on the cheap and did nowt for us at all. We went bust as a result.
Now its karma time and our club-now a big deal- is calling the shots.

6. Not all American /foreign investment is necessarily bad.

7. I remember Swansea Town/City as being a basket case- a source of amusement for those denizens of a decrepit mind set. Now, look at us and this is just the beginning, but some are blinded by simply envy- ie Swansea people becoming rich, anathema to some, well not to all. THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF THIS VILIFICATION is simply the fact that directors ,those who took the risk to save us, will end up rich men. If they do, I really hope they enjoy it as we have everything to thank them for .

So.. its a matter of Trust and THE trust.

Who you believe will colour your thoughts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for some straight talking. on 11:34 - Jan 30 with 1291 viewsApeShit

Time for some straight talking. on 11:33 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

So we dont trust the board to find investment but we trust it to keep helming the ship. Errr.

What investment?
Time for some straight talking. on 11:38 - Jan 30 with 1277 viewsStarsky

Time for some straight talking. on 11:33 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

So we dont trust the board to find investment but we trust it to keep helming the ship. Errr.

We don't need investment

That's the problem

It's like my wife, who I adore... Has just come home with a £5000 loan to help us do the house up when the jobs going to cost £3000 and I've got £2000 already saved up.

I don't need the £5000. I'll just use the £2000 to make the improvements and wait a bit longer for the rest.

It's not about trust it's about not wanting outside investment. Ffs.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 11:41]

It's just the internet, init.

Time for some straight talking. on 11:41 - Jan 30 with 1281 viewsDizzy

Time for some straight talking. on 11:38 - Jan 30 by Starsky

We don't need investment

That's the problem

It's like my wife, who I adore... Has just come home with a £5000 loan to help us do the house up when the jobs going to cost £3000 and I've got £2000 already saved up.

I don't need the £5000. I'll just use the £2000 to make the improvements and wait a bit longer for the rest.

It's not about trust it's about not wanting outside investment. Ffs.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 11:41]

So everyone is happy to finish 11th every season. Ok thats great. I look forward to a calmer planetswans now that thats been agreed.
Time for some straight talking. on 11:42 - Jan 30 with 1268 viewsStarsky

Time for some straight talking. on 11:41 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

So everyone is happy to finish 11th every season. Ok thats great. I look forward to a calmer planetswans now that thats been agreed.

So you want to sell the club to finish 3 or 4 places higher?
Rightio.

It's just the internet, init.

Time for some straight talking. on 11:47 - Jan 30 with 1262 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 11:32 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

So we cant trust the people who saved the club? Ok. Maybe they should sell it.

If i saved someone and sold them 10 years later to the sex slave industry because i was offered a load of notes i don't expect any complaints.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Time for some straight talking. on 12:13 - Jan 30 with 1240 viewssixpenses

Time for some straight talking. on 11:32 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

So we cant trust the people who saved the club? Ok. Maybe they should sell it.

Isn't that what some are planning to do already and the reason for the concern.

Chicken and egg mi old pal

Also why did they stop the Trust from acquiring Mel's shares? Pretty clear to me the more control the Trust has the less personally valuable the other shares become. Club interest v personal interest.

It is not a matter of trust, it is a matter of their priorities v those of the Trust.

The latter remain constant the former seem to be changing (which is not difficult to understand given the sums involved and perhaps the feeling of having done their bit and even though already well financially rewarded why should they not sell their shares and cash in on the massive profits from the current value of the club).

All very understandable but cuts right across the raison d'etre of the Trust, given the nature of the investors and the controlling power they will gain. So we diverge with some in our primary interest - sad but true.

Given the clubs sitting tenant they may do better to sell to the Trust at a reasonable price like that that Mel gave up his shares for. It would be sad for such an important relationship to end in acrimony and possible disaster for our club.
Time for some straight talking. on 12:14 - Jan 30 with 1236 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 11:41 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

We finished 9th 2 years ago and won a major trophy, we were in Europe last season and are 9th this year.

For a chance to compete in the top 6 year in year out we would need significant loans, not just to initially acquire the squad but then to keep paying them year after year to a level the club cannot naturally sustain. And even then we are nowhere close to guaranteeing that level of performance.

So your question would be more accurate to say "so you would rather continue our successful model of doing things rather than risk the clubs future in an unsustainable model for our expectations to be a few places higher?"

And the answer to that is a resounding yes. Im afraid this resembles conversations i saw all over AAMB with giddy excitement and unrealistic expectations. THEY now find themselves 2 years later, a broken club with debt they cannot bear and a squad so thin it could be a catwalk model if it wasnt do damned ugly.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 20:09 - Jan 30 with 1171 viewsDr_Winston

Time for some straight talking. on 08:42 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

Again we have this mysterious WE.
Lest face it. WE achieved what WE did because of those men you mentioned. I wonder did you raise your concerns about them when they took over?

There were no concerns to be raised at the time. Don't see much point in raising concerns when there aren't any. Much better to raise them when there are.

Seems logical to me at least.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for some straight talking. on 20:20 - Jan 30 with 1159 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for some straight talking. on 10:44 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

With respect the comments attributed to me have been taken out of context..
You ll find the last comments regarding debt were relating to people who go into debt for trivial non essentials.

Sadly, this issue is one which yet again splits us as fans and the bitterness is pretty Welsh really, when you me to think of it.

We mightbe at a crossroads and no longer seemingly able to cruise along without there being "money" behind us.

If people cannot stomach us as a megalith then a championship place seems an option rather than us pushing on. The Board might be thinking this way and as to how to move us on to the next level. NO EVIDENCE THEY ARE DOING IT-AS THE TRUST IS-FOR THEMSELVES.

This debacle was created by one single poster by a single post and has led to much division when there s really no need.

I trust the Board and Trust more than any anonymous poster expert

Perch, can i try and get something straight here please?

You are for "investment" right?
You are behind the board? Some of whom want to see out for this "investment" right.
You fully trust Phil and the Trust? Who are against the "investment".

So, you are in favour of the "investment" and you are against the "investment", right?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for some straight talking. on 20:23 - Jan 30 with 1152 viewsParlay

Perch hasn't got a clue if he is coming or going half the time let alone able to clarify what he thinks. The amount of conversations I've had with him where he end up disagreeing with his own opinion is unfathomable.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 20:25 - Jan 30 with 1151 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for some straight talking. on 20:23 - Jan 30 by Parlay

Perch hasn't got a clue if he is coming or going half the time let alone able to clarify what he thinks. The amount of conversations I've had with him where he end up disagreeing with his own opinion is unfathomable.

Just seems to me that he has started this thread to have a go at T2C. Proper weird man crush he's got going on with him. Can't live with him, can't live without him.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for some straight talking. on 20:26 - Jan 30 with 1151 viewsmonmouth

Robert Maxwell 'saved' Oxford United. He went down well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Time for some straight talking. on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 1144 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 20:25 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

Just seems to me that he has started this thread to have a go at T2C. Proper weird man crush he's got going on with him. Can't live with him, can't live without him.

He did. Either T2C or me anyway. He mentions us daily.

He has no bloody clue though thats the thing. He still thinks we are getting "investment" ffs.

Forum celebrity

Time for some straight talking. on 21:17 - Jan 30 with 1108 viewsperchrockjack

Parlay..

No more lad, but strange why you keep bringing my name up.

Maybe not.

Trust me, one day your prince will come.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for some straight talking. on 21:51 - Jan 30 with 1088 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 21:17 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

Parlay..

No more lad, but strange why you keep bringing my name up.

Maybe not.

Trust me, one day your prince will come.

I didn't bring your name up, NeathJack did. I just added my thoughts in your absence.

Although if we counted up how many times i mention you outside of a conversation and how many tomes you bring me up under the same conditions and i would win by a landslide. You seem to mention me in most posts.

As for T2C, your username may as well be T2C.

Prince? Eh? You are barking.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024