Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now or never? 17:49 - Feb 9 with 11915 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Like almost all of our supporters, I think we have too much to do to get out of this predicament, but while there's life there's hope, as they say.

I do think we need to make inroads by the end of this month though to give ourselves any chance. Tomorrow is a tough start, but we also have home games against Forest, who are struggling for form, with PLW being the proverbial six pointer. Both the away games look tough, but local derbies don't always respect the form book and if - for arguments sake - we took seven points from these next five I think we might find ourselves nearer the pack above us. Leeds have three away out of the next four, Charlton's next four are pretty awful and Brighton are away twice this week. PLW play Charlton and ourselves this month. Millwall play Leeds and Rotherham. I suspect it's either going to get very condensed, or one or two of us are going to get cut adrift. We'll soon know.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Now or never? on 22:03 - Feb 9 with 1833 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 21:54 - Feb 9 by straightatthewall

Robbie,

You've oft used the defence that being a regular provides you with superior knowledge of what we're capable of on the pitch. Based on that, you'd THINK you, as much as anyone, would have spotted just how poor this current batch of players are at this level. Harsh on certain players who give their all, but undoubtedly true sadly. A past his best can't get a game elsewhere o'hara is our best player. He's the only one who might just make it in another championship side.

I've no problem with you dreaming, but you really shouldn't be surprised or offended when you get called out for talking horse shit.

SATW

no-one disputes that we are struggling or that we are where we deserve to be. I'm just saying there is still something to fight for, and that now is the time to scrap for everything that we can.

The gap is not insurmountable, and my experience of watching recent home games ** is that a bit of bloody-mindedness and endeavour can win you results in this Division. That is what we need, starting tomorrow, when - for the avoidance of any doubt - I have no great expectations of getting anything.

I don't expect us to stay up, but I haven't thrown in the towel. Some people never picked up the towel in the first place.

** you may have to take my word for it

Now or never? on 22:08 - Feb 9 with 1829 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 21:56 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

Isn't Davies' job to argue with the linesman and be a total tw*t to officials?

Davies has done well since he has come in. He has scored some goals.

They all argue with the officials! They should simply concentrate in scoring more goals than the opposition.

It is going to get very tight at the bottom come April / May. The odds are against Pools survival, but that doesn't mean that Pool will not survive.

I think (and hope) Pool will survive. The Bloomfield Road crowd have really got to get behind the Pool side at the expense of any opposition who are out there. Even if Pool are 2 down at half time. The atmosphere has got to remain hostile to the opposition.

Just a thought.
Now or never? on 22:25 - Feb 9 with 1797 viewsstraightatthewall

Now or never? on 22:03 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

SATW

no-one disputes that we are struggling or that we are where we deserve to be. I'm just saying there is still something to fight for, and that now is the time to scrap for everything that we can.

The gap is not insurmountable, and my experience of watching recent home games ** is that a bit of bloody-mindedness and endeavour can win you results in this Division. That is what we need, starting tomorrow, when - for the avoidance of any doubt - I have no great expectations of getting anything.

I don't expect us to stay up, but I haven't thrown in the towel. Some people never picked up the towel in the first place.

Robbie,

Most of us recognised that the towel was being used to soak a very unpleasant leak from the saniflo about 6 months ago.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Now or never? on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 1781 viewsPlumbs

Now or never? on 22:25 - Feb 9 by straightatthewall

Robbie,

Most of us recognised that the towel was being used to soak a very unpleasant leak from the saniflo about 6 months ago.

Cracking plumbing analogy there satw-think you've pulled the plug on this one.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Now or never? on 22:51 - Feb 9 with 1775 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 22:25 - Feb 9 by straightatthewall

Robbie,

I agree with you on some issues , but I just think we need to keep fighting whilst we can. It's very hard to debate with you like this SATW. Perhaps we should postpone it until next time we meet at a game, in my experience it's far more productive. And you don't have c***s who follow Leeds butting in.

Now or never? on 22:53 - Feb 9 with 1770 viewsPNENIL

Now or never? on 22:03 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

SATW

Bloody mindedness and endeavour. .....and a pitch that makes it impossible to play any football.
Now or never? on 22:57 - Feb 9 with 1766 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Now or never? on 22:53 - Feb 9 by PNENIL

Bloody mindedness and endeavour. .....and a pitch that makes it impossible to play any football.

Couldn't agree more.

Now or never? on 23:06 - Feb 9 with 1758 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Now or never? on 22:57 - Feb 9 by basilrobbiereborn

Couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure how a demoralised and subdued Bloomfield Road "crowd" could make the atmosphere hostile with a few "C'mon the Pool" chants every 20 minutes.

Our chants need to be at the real OPPOSITION, and he sits in the Director's box.
Login to get fewer ads

Now or never? on 00:33 - Feb 10 with 1728 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Now or never? on 23:06 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

I'm not sure how a demoralised and subdued Bloomfield Road "crowd" could make the atmosphere hostile with a few "C'mon the Pool" chants every 20 minutes.

Our chants need to be at the real OPPOSITION, and he sits in the Director's box.

This post sponsored by

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Now or never? on 07:53 - Feb 10 with 1683 viewsdazbaz70

Now or never? on 00:33 - Feb 10 by KhonKaenSeasider

This post sponsored by

Oyston Out.
Now or never? on 08:45 - Feb 10 with 1666 viewsPlumbs

Now or never? on 07:53 - Feb 10 by dazbaz70

Oyston Out.

satw:
Thats what I call a good trout tickle-biting and leaping about before popping him in the keepnet.

Ask him what he's done to protest about the O's? -other than a few tame comments on here of late-where proper fans have other clubs have done more than him.

We didnt see him outside the FL HQ did we? Maybe he was joining the MKD one on the nerds board? (rolls eyes)

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Now or never? on 08:47 - Feb 10 with 1672 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 07:53 - Feb 10 by dazbaz70

Oyston Out.

Well, the way to get behind the team is to go with them.

There will be mistakes "a plenty" on the Bloomfield Road surface. Support the side to the bitter end. No groaning! Pool could easily win tonight (Middlesbrough).

Pool are no where near mathematical relegation yet.

6 points v Middlesbrough and Forest.

We will see, we will see.
Now or never? on 10:14 - Feb 10 with 1656 viewsOdinsRaven

Now or never? on 21:56 - Feb 9 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

Isn't Davies' job to argue with the linesman and be a total tw*t to officials?

I think you are all putting too much faith in our disgusting pitch being a leveller. We may be trying to cheat by ruining the pitch (we deserve to go down just for this never mind not fielding a competitive team) but a good championship team will also be able to use their skill and experience to win on any playing surface.
Now or never? on 10:14 - Feb 10 with 1656 viewstde74

Now or never? on 08:47 - Feb 10 by Osbourne

Well, the way to get behind the team is to go with them.

There will be mistakes "a plenty" on the Bloomfield Road surface. Support the side to the bitter end. No groaning! Pool could easily win tonight (Middlesbrough).

Pool are no where near mathematical relegation yet.

6 points v Middlesbrough and Forest.

We will see, we will see.

We WILL see.

Then we'll wish we hadn't seen.
Now or never? on 13:42 - Feb 10 with 1617 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 10:14 - Feb 10 by tde74

We WILL see.

Then we'll wish we hadn't seen.

Blimey!

Now or never? on 13:50 - Feb 10 with 1527 viewstde74

A bit of pessimism never hurt anyone. I look forward to being pleasantly surprised.
Now or never? on 13:57 - Feb 10 with 1517 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 13:50 - Feb 10 by tde74

A bit of pessimism never hurt anyone. I look forward to being pleasantly surprised.

Coming from Middlesbrough, they will be travelling today.

Always a chance their "Team Bus" breaks down. Arrive at 19:30. Then straight out on to the manicured Bloomfield Road turf.

Pool always have a chance!
Now or never? on 21:36 - Feb 10 with 1475 viewsSouthCoastTangerine

So Baz, if, and it's a massive IF, we survive, what do think lies in store for us? Do you really think the Klown will spend any money? If you do, you are a deluded fool
Now or never? on 21:59 - Feb 10 with 1464 viewsOldSkool

He has been a deluded fool for years.
Osborne is just as brainwashed.

We were down before a ball was kicked in august.
All down to Koko's stubborness and refusal to compromise with Riga.
It is one thing after another, year after year, with this idiot.

He would have been dismissed a long time ago, at any other club.

Club Killer.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 22:55]
Now or never? on 08:19 - Feb 11 with 1381 viewsolneyseasider

So that will be seven points out of the next four then.
Now or never? on 08:24 - Feb 11 with 1379 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 21:59 - Feb 10 by OldSkool

He has been a deluded fool for years.
Osborne is just as brainwashed.

We were down before a ball was kicked in august.
All down to Koko's stubborness and refusal to compromise with Riga.
It is one thing after another, year after year, with this idiot.

He would have been dismissed a long time ago, at any other club.

Club Killer.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 22:55]

Oldskool,

"Osbourne is brainwashed" - You cheeky monkey.

I also now know who is running around around AVFTT's message forum awarding my posts with -1 all the time - You cheeky monkey.

Pool were in that match last night right to the end. 3 points was a real possibility and it was a massive disappointment not to of hung on to the point. Middlesbrough went top of the Championship last night. They were a well organised side who had a good covering system at the back. Pulled Pool wide on occasions and had options all round the park. Pool held their own against a good side and could easily of nicked the 3 points last night. It really was a dam pity that the 1-1 score line wasn't held. Pity. I have every confidence of 3 points on Saturday against Forest.

16 matches left now, 8 of them at home. Mathematically Pool are a long way from down. As long as we can stay in the mix, I have every confidence that come the final home match of the season, Huddersfield, Lee Clark and Pool can pull off Championship survival.

Let me educate you Oldskool. A pure football supporter believes in his / her team right to the end. They make the environment intelligently hostile to the opposition. Last night the Middlesbrough fans were fantastic and brought much to the occasion. Their response, deafening chant of "Oyston Out" was pure music hall! Nevertheless, they became worried during the 2nd half when they realised that Pool had a chance of turning them over! Good luck to them, they go top now. I talked to a few of them post match and they realised how lucky they had been to walk away with 3 points. To a man and lady, they said that Pool were much, much better than they had anticipated. There were a lot of them there last night. They were perfectly behaved and had a good night out. Gave us a laugh too, "Oyston Out!"

Like it or not, OldSkool, Pool are far from mathematically down yet. You, my friend, will be sweating right through the Huddersfield match. Will you celebrate when Pool stay up?

I wonder?

Leave my posts alone. They deserve +1's not -1's, you cheeky monkey.

- Oldskool - "Thanks for educating me, Osbourne."
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 8:26]
Now or never? on 08:43 - Feb 11 with 1368 viewsLytham_FY8

Now or never? on 08:24 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

Oldskool,

"Osbourne is brainwashed" - You cheeky monkey.

I also now know who is running around around AVFTT's message forum awarding my posts with -1 all the time - You cheeky monkey.

Pool were in that match last night right to the end. 3 points was a real possibility and it was a massive disappointment not to of hung on to the point. Middlesbrough went top of the Championship last night. They were a well organised side who had a good covering system at the back. Pulled Pool wide on occasions and had options all round the park. Pool held their own against a good side and could easily of nicked the 3 points last night. It really was a dam pity that the 1-1 score line wasn't held. Pity. I have every confidence of 3 points on Saturday against Forest.

16 matches left now, 8 of them at home. Mathematically Pool are a long way from down. As long as we can stay in the mix, I have every confidence that come the final home match of the season, Huddersfield, Lee Clark and Pool can pull off Championship survival.

Let me educate you Oldskool. A pure football supporter believes in his / her team right to the end. They make the environment intelligently hostile to the opposition. Last night the Middlesbrough fans were fantastic and brought much to the occasion. Their response, deafening chant of "Oyston Out" was pure music hall! Nevertheless, they became worried during the 2nd half when they realised that Pool had a chance of turning them over! Good luck to them, they go top now. I talked to a few of them post match and they realised how lucky they had been to walk away with 3 points. To a man and lady, they said that Pool were much, much better than they had anticipated. There were a lot of them there last night. They were perfectly behaved and had a good night out. Gave us a laugh too, "Oyston Out!"

Like it or not, OldSkool, Pool are far from mathematically down yet. You, my friend, will be sweating right through the Huddersfield match. Will you celebrate when Pool stay up?

I wonder?

Leave my posts alone. They deserve +1's not -1's, you cheeky monkey.

- Oldskool - "Thanks for educating me, Osbourne."
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 8:26]

'You, my friend, will be sweating right through the Huddersfield match. Will you celebrate when Pool stay up?'

Christ on a bike.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Now or never? on 08:49 - Feb 11 with 1365 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 08:43 - Feb 11 by Lytham_FY8

'You, my friend, will be sweating right through the Huddersfield match. Will you celebrate when Pool stay up?'

Christ on a bike.

Lytham FY8,

Just saying it how I see it.

Sounds like you will be sweating too.

I'll be back tonight.

Happy with the loss then last night, well you wont be so happy come 5pm Saturday.

We'll see.
Now or never? on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 1353 viewsLytham_FY8

Now or never? on 08:49 - Feb 11 by Osbourne

Lytham FY8,

Just saying it how I see it.

Sounds like you will be sweating too.

I'll be back tonight.

Happy with the loss then last night, well you wont be so happy come 5pm Saturday.

We'll see.

Dullard tactics Osbourne, if someone criticises the club for the state it's in and suggests we may be going down then that's clearly what they want?

It'd be insulting I suppose if it wasn't such cliched, hackneyed nonsense, in fact it just smacks of bitterness and a lack of imagination from you.

I'd work on it if I were you.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Now or never? on 09:37 - Feb 11 with 1348 viewsOsbourne

Now or never? on 09:29 - Feb 11 by Lytham_FY8

Dullard tactics Osbourne, if someone criticises the club for the state it's in and suggests we may be going down then that's clearly what they want?

It'd be insulting I suppose if it wasn't such cliched, hackneyed nonsense, in fact it just smacks of bitterness and a lack of imagination from you.

I'd work on it if I were you.

I'll work on it.

"Brain washed"

"Dullard"

Whatever next?

Championship survival is vital. Vital I say. It should be "Fortress Bloomfield Road" until the end of the season. Then work on the owners in the summer. Let's face it, the two go hand in hand, even the excellent Middlesbrough fans worked on the owners last night!!!!!

Just a thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024