Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread Posh (a) 14:17 - Feb 14 with 18975 viewsColDale

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:58 - Feb 14 with 2778 viewsYouTubeDale

I think Hill will re-think his left back position now. That's an understatement.

Rose played really well at left back.

How long for Andrew to get fit. Muscle injury - not balls. In the loan market for a forward ???

Dale fought hard enough to get a draw.
But you can't give a team 2 goals start.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:58 - Feb 14 with 2777 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:53 - Feb 14 by 1mark1

Wouldn't matter if we hadn't let them steam into a lead in the first place. I agree Posh are bloody awful, but they have out done us.

Yep, we,ve been pissed on.

Poor form all round.......that huge cock up with Orient looks even worse now.
Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:59 - Feb 14 with 2741 viewsShun

Ah well, we've got a few easy games coming up.
Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:59 - Feb 14 with 2741 viewsinthenet

Ermmmm did we make a massive error in letting Matty go ?
We will never know because we never invest, time for some experience we have the kids get some senior figures in.

Rastrickblue

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:02 - Feb 14 with 2703 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:59 - Feb 14 by inthenet

Ermmmm did we make a massive error in letting Matty go ?
We will never know because we never invest, time for some experience we have the kids get some senior figures in.

It's easy to blame our results on Done leaving, but it doesn't explain the selection policy since then which has had far more influence on the team.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:02 - Feb 14 with 2687 views1mark1

Match Thread Posh (a) on 16:57 - Feb 14 by MHall963

Fair enough were missing done a little, but thats definitely not our problem, we've scored 3 goals in 2 games thats not bad at all. Its our defence thats awful, nothing to do with done leaving.

I accept we are still scoring goals, but there is something else missing. Done was a very good player for being able to let out the steam , ietake off the pressure. He kept the ball better than, the others we have or have had up front, IMHO.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:05 - Feb 14 with 2653 viewsoddjob007

Just had read through this thread - how many different positions did Bunney play?

I'm all for experiments - in pre-season.

How must Michael Rose be feeling, a striker whose barely played this season gets a start ahead of him. Strange.

It's well documented by Barnsley fans as to how Hilly lost the plot when with them - is this the start?!
Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:06 - Feb 14 with 2638 viewsYouTubeDale

No more Blue Sky thinking Keith for the left back position. Keep to the players who prove they can do it.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:10 - Feb 14 with 2575 viewsBobbyjoe

I'd be (genuinely) interested to know (and Hill's judgement is beyond question) why Hery is not only not playing every game, but not playing at all!
Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:16 - Feb 14 with 2519 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:02 - Feb 14 by D_Alien

It's easy to blame our results on Done leaving, but it doesn't explain the selection policy since then which has had far more influence on the team.

I would imagine Done leaving gives the opposition a massive boost in the process, giving them a spring in their step, knowing we don't have the same threat up front.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:18 - Feb 14 with 2497 viewsSwissdale

Would be refreshing for Hill to come out after this game and actually admit "I got the team selection wrong". It won't happen though, and instead he will blame expectation / prima donnas etc. I love Keith hill and he's the best thing that's ever happened to the club, but a bit of humility on days like today would go a long way.

Henderson by all accounts was completely anonymous today, again. I think of anyone is in need of a rest it's him - been awful since Christmas.

I'd shake it up and try to find room for Tanser and Hery next week - something needs to change.
Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:20 - Feb 14 with 2472 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:16 - Feb 14 by olympicdale

I would imagine Done leaving gives the opposition a massive boost in the process, giving them a spring in their step, knowing we don't have the same threat up front.

And I would imagine seeing Joe Bunney lining up at left back gives them an even bigger boost - once they've stopped laughing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:22 - Feb 14 with 2443 viewsThe_DJ

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:18 - Feb 14 by Swissdale

Would be refreshing for Hill to come out after this game and actually admit "I got the team selection wrong". It won't happen though, and instead he will blame expectation / prima donnas etc. I love Keith hill and he's the best thing that's ever happened to the club, but a bit of humility on days like today would go a long way.

Henderson by all accounts was completely anonymous today, again. I think of anyone is in need of a rest it's him - been awful since Christmas.

I'd shake it up and try to find room for Tanser and Hery next week - something needs to change.

More chance of me playing before the Parisian.
Match Thread Posh (a) on 18:17 - Feb 14 with 2282 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hery and Tanser are frozen out right now......just like our pitch last week.
Match Thread Posh (a) on 18:27 - Feb 14 with 2221 views442Dale

Match Thread Posh (a) on 17:10 - Feb 14 by Bobbyjoe

I'd be (genuinely) interested to know (and Hill's judgement is beyond question) why Hery is not only not playing every game, but not playing at all!

I'm not a fan of saying "this", but this.

At what state was Hery playing that badly to be behind Allen, Dawson, RNL, Camps, Cannon and Logan? If its something to do with what's going on in training, would he really have been bothered to take to twitter after that media frenzy and then trail round town last week?

Didn't go so it's based on nothing but opinion, but wouldn't we have better with Dawson, Allen and Hery in midfield? or having Hery as an option off the bench instead of Camps or Cannon?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 18:34]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread Posh (a) on 19:52 - Feb 14 with 2078 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill speaking to the BBC...

"You could argue that in the last two games I'm more than the large share responsible for it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31459594

Match Thread Posh (a) on 20:11 - Feb 14 with 2032 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread Posh (a) on 19:52 - Feb 14 by YouTubeDale

Hill speaking to the BBC...

"You could argue that in the last two games I'm more than the large share responsible for it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31459594

That's refreshing to hear. Hilly makes decisions based on what he thinks is best for the team and he isn't always going to get it right. Just like the players, he will make mistakes but he doesn't do bad.

Exciting end to the season,front foot forward, bring it on.
Match Thread Posh (a) on 20:15 - Feb 14 with 2011 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Thread Posh (a) on 20:11 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

That's refreshing to hear. Hilly makes decisions based on what he thinks is best for the team and he isn't always going to get it right. Just like the players, he will make mistakes but he doesn't do bad.

Exciting end to the season,front foot forward, bring it on.

He does get more right than wrong but my God, what on Earth has he seen to try and make Joe Bunney a left back?

I'm all for him experimenting and doing what he thinks is right but there's got to be some degree of thinking it would work, that was NEVER going to work. He may as well have played in net!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread Posh (a) on 20:36 - Feb 14 with 1976 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread Posh (a) on 20:15 - Feb 14 by ChaffRAFC

He does get more right than wrong but my God, what on Earth has he seen to try and make Joe Bunney a left back?

I'm all for him experimenting and doing what he thinks is right but there's got to be some degree of thinking it would work, that was NEVER going to work. He may as well have played in net!

100% agree. I like Bunney but its very obvious he doesn't have the tools to be a left back, god knows what Rose and Tanser are thinking.

When it comes to player moral i wonder what impact the departure of Done as had. Players like Henderson and Dawson etc must realise the manager and the club have no ambition of trying to progress the club into a higher league (Thats my impression) so it makes you wonder if it takes the edge off their performance and affects their hunger. It must be a bit soul destroying knowing the team has been weakened
Match Thread Posh (a) on 21:01 - Feb 14 with 1935 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread Posh (a) on 20:36 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

100% agree. I like Bunney but its very obvious he doesn't have the tools to be a left back, god knows what Rose and Tanser are thinking.

When it comes to player moral i wonder what impact the departure of Done as had. Players like Henderson and Dawson etc must realise the manager and the club have no ambition of trying to progress the club into a higher league (Thats my impression) so it makes you wonder if it takes the edge off their performance and affects their hunger. It must be a bit soul destroying knowing the team has been weakened

Its not even just our team has been weakened - a team that was 1 point ahead of us and who we were competing with has now been strengthened to the point that they are winning games scoring 4 and 3 goals and winning at Bristol city. Only a win v Chesterfield next Sat will do now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024