Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival 08:25 - Feb 25 with 1122 viewsOsbourne

Let's not worry too much about that result. Not one of Osbourne's predicted wins. Anything Pool got there would of been a bonus on the road to Championship survival.

More worryingly is the sending off of Dunne and the injury to O'Hara. Murmur that O'Hara could of broken a rib? I suspect though it will just be bruising and he will be back for Wigan on Saturday at Bloomfield Road. Dunne though will now miss the Wigan game.

No harm done last night. Apart from Brighton beating Leeds at home 2-0. Everyone else in the bottom 9 lost :
Charlton, Birmingham, Bolton, Fulham, Rotherham, Millwall and Wigan all lost.

Let's also remember that Pool have still got games against; Wigan, Birmingham, Charlton, Bolton and Fulham to come. The Wigan, Charlton and Fulham fixtures at Bloomfield Road.

Lee Clarke says about last night :
"When you go 2 down and then lose a man against a side like Brentford, it's always going to be a battle. It's a tough place to come even when it's 11 v 11.

Perhaps I would like to have seen a little more grit after the first goal went in, but we keep making life difficult for ourselves.

We have plenty of games left and Wigan on Saturday. If we win that than we are right back in the race."

Other observations about last night :

What formation did Pool start with? - was it 5-3-2?
Aldred - Clarke - Hall all started.
Well, Pool simply need to play a 4-4-2. Even away from Bloomfield Road, the only way to Championship survival is to control games. Pool need to revert back to a 4-4-2 v Wigan and play in Wigan's half, not in the Pool half. 3 points is a necessity on Saturday.

Also, good to see that Jeffrey Rentmeister got the team bus to Brentford OK - saved money on a professional driver, Karl OKed it! Apparently he then spent the match hidden in the kit basket before being driven by taxi down to Dover and onwards to the ferry, European bound.

Pool will beat Wigan on Saturday.
Get a good massage on O'Hara's ribs - it's essential that he is fit - "left foot of silk."
Pool are still on the road to Championship survival. A win on Saturday puts Pool on equal points with Wigan, then onwards to that elusive 21st place, at the moment occupied by Rotherham with 34 points. Pool can get there, trust me.
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 08:33 - Feb 25 with 1115 viewsscratchingshed

The opening line just sums you up for me Ozzie just how can we not be bothered about this result? very poor.

You're a wind up merchant pal and on a mission seriously think you are one of the Oyston clan for posting such drivel so not going to bite again.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 8:38]
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 08:50 - Feb 25 with 1098 viewsMephistopheles

Barking, absolutely barking but in War & Peace form.

What you schmokin bro?
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 08:51 - Feb 25 with 1097 viewsOsbourne

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 08:33 - Feb 25 by scratchingshed

The opening line just sums you up for me Ozzie just how can we not be bothered about this result? very poor.

You're a wind up merchant pal and on a mission seriously think you are one of the Oyston clan for posting such drivel so not going to bite again.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 8:38]

Scratcher,

No wind up. Brentford was not one of Osbourne's predicted wins - fact. Check the threads.

13 matches now remaining 2014-15 to save the day. Mathematically Pool are not relegated yet, with winnable fixtures to come. Pool could still be in the mix come the Huddersfield match at Bloomfield Road in May. Remember 2013-14. 2-0 v Wigan, no one expected it, without it Pool fans would of been watching Division 1 football 2014-15.

I concede that if O'Hara is badly injured (broken rib) that is awkward. But it could just be bruising?

Time now for the side to perform and for the Pool fans to "suck the ball into the opponents onion bag."

Pool can still do it, trust me.
"Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."
Do you have onions with your burger?
Do you have your coffee black or white?
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 12:20 - Feb 25 with 1056 viewsOdinsRaven

Even if it's only bruising I don't think he will be fit for Saturday
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 12:31 - Feb 25 with 1049 viewsWizaard

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 12:20 - Feb 25 by OdinsRaven

Even if it's only bruising I don't think he will be fit for Saturday

He went off a damanaged leg. His ribs were already knackered before kick off.
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 12:53 - Feb 25 with 1043 viewsseasider13

Bruised ribs are a big deal as anyone who has has the unfortunate experience would testify.

Back to Cubero, I'm not saying he would save the day, but it beggars belief he can't start before Perkins, something stinks with that situation.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 17:36 - Feb 25 with 999 viewsmoney_money_money

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 12:53 - Feb 25 by seasider13

Bruised ribs are a big deal as anyone who has has the unfortunate experience would testify.

Back to Cubero, I'm not saying he would save the day, but it beggars belief he can't start before Perkins, something stinks with that situation.

Osbourne, you have predicted a Blackpool win in every game since I've been on here.
Either you are the biggest wind -up merchant ever or you are being starved of oxygen. No other logical explanations for all this survival nonsense.
Oh one other point if O'Hara has a broken rib then he's looking at 4 to 6 weeks out.
how does your survival plan cope with that?
Relegated in August mate and much worse to come.
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 19:41 - Feb 25 with 969 viewsOsbourne

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 17:36 - Feb 25 by money_money_money

Osbourne, you have predicted a Blackpool win in every game since I've been on here.
Either you are the biggest wind -up merchant ever or you are being starved of oxygen. No other logical explanations for all this survival nonsense.
Oh one other point if O'Hara has a broken rib then he's looking at 4 to 6 weeks out.
how does your survival plan cope with that?
Relegated in August mate and much worse to come.

Osbourne here,

O'Hara apparently started with a rib injury. Came off with a leg knock. The massage team will sort him out. He will be fit for Saturday. "Stocky, quick over the first 10 yards and a left foot like silk."

You need to read my "betting odds" posts more closely. Usually I simply indicate the best odds available for a Pool win, a draw and an opposition win. Sometimes I give an opinion on the odds. Usually it is just an information post for AVFTT readers to decide upon. I enjoy a flutter usually. It adds to my "Bloomfield Road match day experience."

Now on to the "Osbourne predicted route to Pool's championship survival."

Let me educate you, "money money money."
Pool are nowhere near to mathematical relegation yet.
13 games remaining. That is 39 points to play for. 44 points stayed up last season.
Therefore, 8 wins would give Pool 46 points. That could be enough. Read my previous post for which games Osbourne sees those wins coming from.

The 8 win games are : Wigan (home), Birmingham (away), Charlton (home), Leeds (home), Bolton (away), Reading (home), Fulham (home) and Huddersfield (Home).

the 5 lose games are : Sheffield Wednesday (home), Bournemouth (away), Ipswich (away), Derby (away) and Cardiff (away).

With the backbone of the Pool team of :
Lewis - Clarke and O'Dea - Perkins, O'Hara and Orlandi - Madine and Davies

I still see no reason why Pool cannot pull off survival.
"A cracking, nail biting home win v Huddersfield seals it."

"Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die."

Back Lee Clark, he might just pull it off. Clark is tangerine. He is a puppet to Championship survival!
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 21:29 - Feb 25 with 953 viewsOdinsRaven

You're wrong, he came off with a further rib injury
Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 02:07 - Feb 26 with 927 viewsOsbourne

Brentford - 4-0 + Championship Survival on 21:29 - Feb 25 by OdinsRaven

You're wrong, he came off with a further rib injury

Odins Raven,

Thanks for the information.

Wizaard, in an earlier post on this thread says O'Hara was carrying a damaged rib from the start and that he came off with a damaged leg. Wizaard was at Brentford. The Gazette (Will Watt) is also saying O'Hara went into the game with a rib injury. Wizaard shares good information on AVFTT. Conclusion therefore, Jamie O'Hara has a fighting chance of being fit for Saturday (Wigan). He could of been playing with a cortisone shot in his rib cage? I hope he is fit. Pool need him in central midfield for Saturdays crucial match.

I must say, you could be right though. The gazette is carrying a photo of O'Hara down, clasping at his rib cage. I will report back if I sniff out any inside information from the treatment room (O'Hara, Orlandi and O'Dea)?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024