Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' 12:45 - Mar 26 with 4095 viewsCountyJim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

Oh My God those poor people
Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 11:40 - Mar 27 with 1032 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 20:14 - Mar 26 by fbreath

I read today that the door to the cockpit had a key code lock on the outside but the crew inside the cockpit can disable the key code lock on a timer for between 5 & 20 minutes hence why the captain outside couldn't get back in.

They can overide the system from inside the cockpit in case the captain has a terrorist with a gun to his head demanding entrance to the flight deck

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 14:25 - Mar 27 with 998 viewscontroversial_jack

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 20:08 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

yes - that's fair enough. I guess that anything computerised could be hacked.

I also struggle to understand what has happened in this case given that reports suggest (has it been confirmed?) that this pilot had had depression and a near breakdown in the past.

I would have assumed (seemingly wrongly) that airlines routinely screened pilots and this sort of past would rule them out for ever.

Depression doesn't prevent anyone being employed as a pilot
Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 14:47 - Mar 27 with 984 viewslondonlisa2001

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 14:25 - Mar 27 by controversial_jack

Depression doesn't prevent anyone being employed as a pilot

I meant the breakdown bit rather than depression itself.

Although I'd hope that someone with a history of certain types of depression was very very carefully assessed before being able to fly.
Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 14:54 - Mar 27 with 980 viewsPegojack

These revelations are going to bring huge pressure on Lufthansa. We haven't heard the half of it yet. I can hear backsides being covered at a rate of knots in their HQ as we speak.
Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 16:39 - Mar 28 with 905 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 14:47 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

I meant the breakdown bit rather than depression itself.

Although I'd hope that someone with a history of certain types of depression was very very carefully assessed before being able to fly.

It's really simple to fix this. Make it law that doctors have to email sick papers to the airlines as well as hand them to the pilots. Especially for things like depression

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 05:07 - Mar 29 with 866 viewsStarsky

Co-pilot 'wanted to destroy plane' on 16:39 - Mar 28 by Brynmill_Jack

It's really simple to fix this. Make it law that doctors have to email sick papers to the airlines as well as hand them to the pilots. Especially for things like depression

They'll never go to the doctors then.

I do find the Airlines declaration that he "was 100% fit to fly"

That's a tad erroneous isn't it?

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024