Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks for the Private Messages! 16:12 - May 5 with 1626 viewssteve_g

One area this site pisses over the other one is the way you can private message fellow members and just to say thanks to those who have been in touch about some of the comments I've made about the recent goings on at Bloomfield Road - all in support of what I've been saying but understandably not wanting to put their head above the parapet on this forum or the other.

Seems to me there's an underlying growing dissatisfaction that way that some are dictating the direction that fans should take and the way they are towards the club.

P.S. Feel free to PM me any thoughts - am big and ugly enough to take them all on board!
[Post edited 5 May 2015 16:13]

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 16:44 - May 5 with 1604 viewsterminallytangerine

In a democratic society there should be no objections to other people holding different views from the conventional wisdom.

Intimidation has no place on a football forum.
Thanks for the Private Messages! on 17:43 - May 5 with 1571 viewsjanegallagher

I know what you mean Steve. Latest one, vilifying folks buying drinks, pies etc - people can do what they like,no one should be dictating where you spend your money (ridiculous thing is its a franchise, Oyston has already been paid, it's the poor people with kiosks that are suffering).

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 18:26 - May 5 with 1552 viewsPoolman

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 17:43 - May 5 by janegallagher

I know what you mean Steve. Latest one, vilifying folks buying drinks, pies etc - people can do what they like,no one should be dictating where you spend your money (ridiculous thing is its a franchise, Oyston has already been paid, it's the poor people with kiosks that are suffering).

Jane - shan't say who - but one poor chap who sells the Golden Gamble was making a few bob to top up his pension - loves his job and has done it for years has seen his money drop by a fifth. I understand people are saying NAPM but it does affect people directly. Also know a friend's son does waitering and bar shifts who has struggled to get much at all in the last few months.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 18:45 - May 5 with 1531 viewsPlumbs

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 17:43 - May 5 by janegallagher

If people want to and eat a dozen pies per game* to soak up the gallon of Guinness they've had before the match,then thats their business and no-one** elses.

*apart from Bolton and a few I havent heard about yet.

**apart from me

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 19:23 - May 5 with 1506 viewsLythamBFC

Good OP.

I'm a regular reader of the other site though I rarely post. The current atmosphere on there doesn't encourage anyone to do anything other than toe the party line. It used to have a good atmosphere, plenty of decent debate and some humour. All of that seems to have vanished.
Thanks for the Private Messages! on 20:35 - May 5 with 1466 viewsscratchingshed

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 19:23 - May 5 by LythamBFC

Good OP.

I'm a regular reader of the other site though I rarely post. The current atmosphere on there doesn't encourage anyone to do anything other than toe the party line. It used to have a good atmosphere, plenty of decent debate and some humour. All of that seems to have vanished.

It's a crying shame people have to work for the Oystons.
Thanks for the Private Messages! on 21:12 - May 5 with 1445 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

My username has been blocked on the old site recently by a moderator who has given the reason as being "an Oyston ally".

It shows how paranoid and right-wing that site has become now it has moderators who gag people voicing balanced opinions.

If the Oystons do sell, I'm now against too much fan involvement in the running of the club if that's the sign of things to come.
Thanks for the Private Messages! on 21:16 - May 5 with 1438 viewsjanegallagher

I saw that BHOK, absolutely ridiculous.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 21:42 - May 5 with 1421 viewsterminallytangerine

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 21:16 - May 5 by janegallagher

I saw that BHOK, absolutely ridiculous.

How dare you think for yourself BHOK!
Thanks for the Private Messages! on 18:36 - May 7 with 1324 viewsLala

Thanks for the Private Messages! on 21:42 - May 5 by terminallytangerine

How dare you think for yourself BHOK!

People should put their head above the parapet though. Worst case scenario your opinion is disliked by a load of people you don't know. Who cares,no brainer

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024