Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we really that bad???? 12:13 - May 10 with 1074 viewsCFW

In the words of that classic Queen song whilst I am sitting here waiting for the "Hammer to Fall" thought I would just take a look at our season. I am unable to write such a funny post as Disco (very good mate by the way and I hope your head is slowly getting better) so I thought I would take a look at the stats.

I have posted before saying fine lines can define a season and frankly we simply have not been good enough all over the pitch with no consistency whatsoever but these figures do show that perhaps we have not been so bad.

Football is a simple game - you score more goals than the other team and you win. In our last visit to the Premiership we only scored 30 goals which was never enough to keep us up - this time to date we have scored 37 goals more than Burnley, Aston Villa, West Brom, Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle. Our problem has been we simply cannot defend and out of the bottom sides only Newcastle have shipped as many goals as us.

Out of our 22 defeats 13 have been by one goal, 7 by 2 and only 2 by four. So you could say we have not been given a real good beating by any side and if we had managed to draw five or six of those games we lost by one goal then we would have stayed up.

The two Hull games, Liverpool, Swansea, Chelsea, Man City at home and Villa away are all games that could have given us the points we needed. I think we can all accept that players make mistakes during a game, sometimes we get away with it sometimes not. This year we have been prone to far too many individual errors - every one of our back four have been guilty of unforced errors which have led to a goal being scored. Our midfield have given the ball away far to often and we are not good enough to keep the ball for long periods of the game.

We have never gone on a run of games where we have got results, one week we play well the other it is back to playing crap. We have a good first half then a poor second or the other way round. We only appear to have one game plan - lump it to BZ and when that does not work we have no idea.

We have had our fair share of injury's but so have other teams at the foot of the table. Our squad is thin and one dimensional - there have been players who have not performed and others who frankly have been a disgrace to themselves and the club. Our Manager(s) and back room staff are not good enough, they are old and my view is the game has moved on - Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond are all well past their sell by date (I know JJ went with HR) but the writing was on the wall before we even kicked a ball this season - the Remy and pre-season disaster was there for us all to see.

So - have we really been that bad this year - unfortunately the answer for me has to be yes. Have we been a bit unlucky? - yes - did we deserve any better? - no.

I just hope at the end of the season we have a massive clear out of players, appoint a manager who is capable of building a younger side with more pace, more drive, more everything. Unfortunately I am not sure that is going to happen.

I hope you all have a great summer, enjoy your holidays with your children and I look forward to supporting our teamwith you all next season.

Are we really that bad???? on 12:22 - May 10 with 1041 viewsclareranger

we are shite! 48 years following Rss never never so pissed off,nothing to look forward too, Saturdays and sundays crap,fed up,give up . had enough.
Are we really that bad???? on 12:32 - May 10 with 1013 viewsLowerloftLad

I have my bags packed after the newcastle game I'm off for a lovely extended break from QPR. the last four seasons have done me right in and I'm not up for a championship season. but then again I was not up for another prem scrap a well need break is just around the corner.
[Post edited 10 May 2015 12:34]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024