Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cleaning Spotland up 11:36 - May 18 with 5047 viewsvisualman

I saw a post before about how the ground looks untidy and needs a clean up,
Is this something the Trust could get involved in get people to come down during our off season and tidy the ground up maybe if it was done on a weekend you would get a few more people in,
In return you could have a look around the ground a little tour which I know will not take long.
Maybe we could get a company to donate some paint and tools for the jobs then we can have a ground to be proud of.
What do you think of that? Would it work or will people not bother?
Cleaning Spotland up on 14:10 - May 18 with 4833 viewsjav14

Isn't the tidying up what the YTS boys used to do in bygone days when they weren't training?
Cleaning Spotland up on 14:29 - May 18 with 4782 viewsaleanddale

This isn't some amateur club though...

Maybe Rochdale cricket club to help make ends meet but it's a bit tin pot IMO.

Much better to be more commercially savvy - get the 5 year plan updated buy the ground outright and get some professionals in to do the ground up at the right price.

After we have secured some significant income though stadium naming rights sponsorship and other commercial streams.

We need to get this stadium issue sorted sooner rather than later.
Cleaning Spotland up on 15:12 - May 18 with 4677 viewsChaffRAFC

I've brought up the point before on here.

It's in desperate need of a lick of paint all round the ground. If you walk up Sandy Lane from Edenfield Road, it looks a rusty mess, and that's the newest stand at the ground!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Cleaning Spotland up on 15:33 - May 18 with 4623 viewsalderleydale

I own a painting and decorating company

Would be willing to provide the labour and do all the external painting at the ground

Cost to the club....A box in the main stand for the season, so cost to the club...nil if they cant sell all the boxes
Cleaning Spotland up on 15:48 - May 18 with 4572 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Cleaning Spotland up on 15:33 - May 18 by alderleydale

Would be willing to provide the labour and do all the external painting at the ground

Cost to the club....A box in the main stand for the season, so cost to the club...nil if they cant sell all the boxes

That's a fantastic offer to any business AD.........perhaps you should email Frances with this idea and get the ball rolling,especially if the ground acquisition is imminent?

Mutual benefit all round.

Let us know how you get on.
Cleaning Spotland up on 16:38 - May 18 with 4470 viewsflyerdale

Cleaning Spotland up on 15:33 - May 18 by alderleydale

The going rate is usually a few discounted season tickets not a full box for the season. I know somebody who used to do the painting and decorating in the les duckworth days who did a proper job for said season tickets. After les left the stadium company went down the cheap option of doing it themselves I believe.
Cleaning Spotland up on 17:07 - May 18 with 4421 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Cleaning Spotland up on 16:38 - May 18 by flyerdale

The going rate is usually a few discounted season tickets not a full box for the season. I know somebody who used to do the painting and decorating in the les duckworth days who did a proper job for said season tickets. After les left the stadium company went down the cheap option of doing it themselves I believe.

I'm sure as a Businessman, Alderley is more than capable of getting some sort of deal that suit both parties?

The work needs doing and AD has the means.......just a bit of bartering required.
Cleaning Spotland up on 18:54 - May 18 with 4264 viewsinthenet

Well said , the running track next to the pitch needs a little of a work and the edging of the pitch looks like someone cut in with a blindfold on, can't the groundsman sort that out.

Rastrickblue

Login to get fewer ads

Cleaning Spotland up on 20:54 - May 18 with 4070 viewsDaleiLama

Cleaning Spotland up on 18:54 - May 18 by inthenet

Well said , the running track next to the pitch needs a little of a work and the edging of the pitch looks like someone cut in with a blindfold on, can't the groundsman sort that out.

Looks like the pitch is getting some tlc?

A professional club should look and act like one. Even a L2 club. As a L1 club, we have to up our game and our image. Keep the core ethos of the club, but modernise and rebrand. Bring the excitement back. If that starts with a lick of paint great. The shop got a facelift, but there's plenty more still do to in and outside RAFC.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cleaning Spotland up on 21:02 - May 18 with 4039 viewsPDIDDY

Get doley dale and his cronies cleaning spotty up, free match ticket and a Guinness will get em flocking down

Gissa job

Cleaning Spotland up on 21:12 - May 18 with 4025 viewsroccydaleian

Cleaning Spotland up on 21:02 - May 18 by PDIDDY

Get doley dale and his cronies cleaning spotty up, free match ticket and a Guinness will get em flocking down

An Guinness tbf
Cleaning Spotland up on 09:45 - May 19 with 3828 viewselectricblue

Surely regular upkeep is more cost effective than letting it get run down and thus costs more...
But if the stadium company are struggling then whos to pay for it......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Cleaning Spotland up on 10:13 - May 19 with 3792 viewsdingdangblue

Cleaning Spotland up on 09:45 - May 19 by electricblue

Surely regular upkeep is more cost effective than letting it get run down and thus costs more...
But if the stadium company are struggling then whos to pay for it......

The thing is , the pitch is also a Stadium Company issue - but gets relayed every season despite the Stadium Company problems - it seems Dale pick and choose what to repair and what not to repair - maybe the RFL/Council will pay for some..................

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Cleaning Spotland up on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 1126 viewsHeridan

Nice info
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024