Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Swarm Of People 18:03 - Jul 30 with 1803 viewsDarran

What ew reckon Scouce?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Swarm Of People on 19:56 - Jul 30 with 1743 viewsperchrockjack

I'm watching a lady on c4 now discussing it.

I've heard football teams being described as swarming all over the others.. I smell hypocrites.

Happy birthday son

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

A Swarm Of People on 20:12 - Jul 30 with 1717 viewsDull1Thomas

Emotive language isn't expected from a state leader.

When talking about Daesh (ISIS, IS,ISI whatever) I often use the word infestation because it de-humanises them , their disgusting behaviour and their mindset. But I'm not sure I would be comfortable hearing that coming from our Prime Minister.

What annoys me about all this is the political gain some groups are trying to make from it, blaming the French, blaming the EU when in reality they have nothing to do with the EU and France could just let them get on boats and then they'd be our problem.
It is also spun to sound like tees 2,000 have just turned up when they have been increasing year on year for a while. Also it is made to sound like every illegal immigrant is trying to get to the UK when the vast majority go to other EU & Scandinavian countries.
Not taking sides on the immigrant themselves but object to people generating hate by twisting the situation.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

A Swarm Of People on 13:07 - Jul 31 with 1581 viewsperchrockjack

Well, there is a reason why they are making their way in their thousands to England with all our shite weather and unfriendly ,unwelcoming people.

I d select Italy,France,Germany,Austria every day of the week.

A Swarm Of People on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 1577 viewsLohengrin

Having passed through the Calais port area a few days ago I'd say that "swarm" is a pretty accurate description of what I've just seen. If any of you had been there recently I think you'd agree.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

A Swarm Of People on 13:44 - Jul 31 with 1549 viewsperchrockjack

Most don't come to us then? Fine

How many try for the Baltic States. Few, I'd suggest.

This because Sweden and Denmark might be more attractive.

Point is these people are looking for a better lifestyle rather than being subjected to torture or persecution.

It's a huge issue and we re going to be making big decisions . I doubt this govt has the guts.

A Swarm Of People on 14:31 - Jul 31 with 1528 viewsyescomeon

If only as much compassion was shown to these people as is being show to a certain lion.

Upthecity!

A Swarm Of People on 14:35 - Jul 31 with 1524 viewsperchrockjack

Nothing to do with compassion whatsoever.

It's simply having people come into our country whom we know nowt about.

It's a dangerous world out there .

It's why we have passports.

Lions have no choice or so it seems

A Swarm Of People on 14:49 - Jul 31 with 1511 viewsyescomeon

I'm sure they wouldn't put themselves in the position they have if their situation in their own country was better.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

A Swarm Of People on 15:40 - Jul 31 with 1493 viewsHighjack

A Swarm Of People on 14:49 - Jul 31 by yescomeon

I'm sure they wouldn't put themselves in the position they have if their situation in their own country was better.

they want to come here because their perception is that we treat them better and they can have a better life than in any other country. This is probably true and we should be proud of that.

we moan about everything in this country, the evil Tories, bedroom tax, weather, but even those with less in our country have more than most people in this world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A Swarm Of People on 16:39 - Jul 31 with 1464 viewsBatterseajack

talking of swarms - its flying ant day here in london
A Swarm Of People on 16:47 - Jul 31 with 1447 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

A Swarm Of People on 16:39 - Jul 31 by Batterseajack

talking of swarms - its flying ant day here in london

You're not wrong there, I ended up taking one for a tube ride from Camden to Goodge Street...

Was going to take him for a pint but he started doing the Ayatollah so I stamped on him..
A Swarm Of People on 17:02 - Jul 31 with 1434 viewsFlashberryjack

A Swarm Of People on 14:49 - Jul 31 by yescomeon

I'm sure you're right that they wouldn't put themselves through all this if their country was better (well the vast majority wouldn't)
You ask to show more "Compassion" I think very few would feel anything but compassion for the plight of these tragic people.
But what is the answer ? Do we leave them all in? do we leave some in? if so who do we turn away? Do we ensure they're given better facilities in Calais.. knowing that the better they're treated, the more will come. I certainly don't know the answer.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A Swarm Of People on 17:46 - Jul 31 with 1402 viewsNogginthenog

The plight of a lot of these desperate people is largely EUrope's own doing. Interfering and destabilising their home countries. Their lives were a whole lot better under the cosh of the many dictators in the middle east and north Africa, at least they kept a lid on the sectarianism that has always endured. We opened the Pandoras box and are now completely at a loss to know what to do about it. I would advocate all the countries involved in the conflicts should agree to take a proportion of these refugees. Once they are naturalized they can then get passports and choose what to do at some later date without fear of being stigmatized.
A Swarm Of People on 18:08 - Jul 31 with 1381 viewsFlashberryjack

A Swarm Of People on 17:46 - Jul 31 by Nogginthenog

The plight of a lot of these desperate people is largely EUrope's own doing. Interfering and destabilising their home countries. Their lives were a whole lot better under the cosh of the many dictators in the middle east and north Africa, at least they kept a lid on the sectarianism that has always endured. We opened the Pandoras box and are now completely at a loss to know what to do about it. I would advocate all the countries involved in the conflicts should agree to take a proportion of these refugees. Once they are naturalized they can then get passports and choose what to do at some later date without fear of being stigmatized.

The British government intend building 200,000 new homes next year....with migrate UK predicting a further 200,000 immigrants next year, the government needs to get a move on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A Swarm Of People on 19:08 - Jul 31 with 1341 viewsScoobyWho

A Swarm Of People on 14:31 - Jul 31 by yescomeon

If only as much compassion was shown to these people as is being show to a certain lion.

Some people will tell you that animals deserve more compassion than people. I have met some dogs and I have met some people, and feel there may well be some mileage in this.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024